A List of bugs to fix in D2:R

I’m not talking about bugs that has a positive impact, such as ebugging. im talking about well known ( or not so well known bugs). that have a negative gameplay impact.
I’m also not talking about things that would be nice to change, I’m talking about actual BUGS that need fixing

1. Tomb vipers in nith temple incorrectly applied physical damage on every frame with their poison “cloud” attack rather than thier poison damage
  2. character screen not displaying damage correctly with + damage items such as Greif. (lying character screen)
  1. Mana drain on bosses actually does 512 times the proper mana drain. ( yes that’s actually a bug, although by hell with elite packs in lvl 85 areas there is little difference)
  1. Fury ( werewolf druid skill) is not properly coded as “uninterruptible” ( like zeal is) despite description saying otherwise.
  2. Sound lag (most people know this as the thing that appears when too many particles are on screen and stuff starts dissapearing, its actually from the sound effects) ( this was one of they ways duping was done)

i know for a fact 3, 4 and 5 CAN be fixed, as they ARE fixed in “Path of Diablo”
and im sure that 1 and 2 can as well.

and yeah I’m sure i am missing a bunch more,
does you else know of any bugs that have a negative impact that would would like to see fixed.

PS,

1. Anya bug has already been fixed on battle.net
  2. While cow king stopping you from opening is terrible and need to be removed, its not technically a “bug”, its a hidden “quest” and killing cow king completes it thereby preventing opening of portal.
7 Likes

Let’s not suggest these until after it’s released.

Plus you and I both know the list of bugs they have is probably in thr 3-digits. They know all this.

As it’s never been said that the slow casting on the Trang set is on purpose; it’s a bug

Please fix the Casting rate on the Full Trang-Oul Avatar.

1 Like
  1. Idk if it is something with PlugY, but when playing a paladin, I can’t drink mana potions, while holding the “hold position” key… I think I had the same bug years ago on the ladder aswell.

2. Game crashes, when you buy potions too fast in singleplayer.

3. When you open the stash with telekinesis, then open the cube and then close the cube, the whole stash closes automatically.

1 Like

Also the ED+Min/Max Damage jewel on non-weapon bug:

What is the ed/dmg bug?

The “enhanced damage(ED)/+minimum(min) or +maximum(max) damage(dmg) bug” (ed/dmg bug) is a bug, where the modifiers on a jewel will not work properly, reducing its efficiency, when socketed in any non-weapon slot.
It can cause the x%ED modifier to work in an inproper manner, or not at all.

How does it work, and how can I best avoid it?

fortunately, the ed/dmg bug has been long known, and has been tested thoroughly.
The mechanics for the bug is illustrated by some type cases below. Compare these cases with your considered socket choice, and see if it will trigger the bug or not.

Type cases

Case 1, item has innate +%ED. You socket with a jewel with +max or +min dmg, or both.
Example: You have a circlet/coronet/tiara/diadem with xx%enhanced damage, or a paladin shield with xx% enhanced damage, and you sock a +15 max dmg jewel.
No bug! Will work as intended.

Case 2: You socket an item with a +%ED Jewel. Then you socket another jewel with +max or +min dmg, or both.
Example: You have a body armor with 4sox/100life. First you sock a jewel with 40%ed. Then you sock another jewel with +10min and +18max dmg.
No bug! Will work as intended.

Case 3: Item has innate +max dmg. You socket with a +%ED Jewel.
Example: you have a circlet with +12max dmg. You sock a +40%ed and 15%increased attack speed jewel.
Bugged! The %ED only applies to your overall min dmg, not your max dmg

Case 4: Item has innate +Min dmg. You socket with a +%ED Jewel.
Example: you have a circlet with +12min dmg. You sock a +40%ed and 15%increased attack speed jewel.
Bugged! The %ED only applies to your overall max dmg, not your min dmg.

Case 5: You socket item with a +Max Jewel, then you socket with a +%ED Jewel.
Example: you have a diadem with 30% faster run & walk and 3sox, you first sock a +30max dmg jewel, then you sock a +40%ed and 15%increased attack speed jewel.

Case 6: You socket item with a +Min Jewel, then you socket with a +%ED Jewel.
Example: you have a diadem with 30% faster run & walk and 3sox, you first sock a +18min dmg jewel, then you sock a +40%ed and 15%increased attack speed jewel.

Case 7: You socket an item with a %ED/Max Jewel. The %ED only applies to minimum, not maximum.
Example: you have a diadem with 30% faster run & walk and 3sox, you socket a +40%ed +15max dmg jewel.

Case 8: You socket an item with a %ED/Min Jewel.
Example: you have a diadem with 30% faster run & walk and 3sox, you socket a +40%ed +10min dmg jewel.

Case 9: You socket an item with a %ED +Min & +Max Jewel.
Example: you have a diadem with 30% faster run & walk and 3sox, you socket a +30%ed +10min +18max dmg jewel.
Bugged! The %ED doesn’t have any effect at all, as it will not apply to either your overall min or max dmg (worst case scenario)!

2 Likes

the slow on the trang set is because its turns you into a vampire and vampire has different frames because its a different model, this likely wont be any sort of issue because now in d2 they use the old frame “calculation” but don’t go by “frames” anymore as it will render 60 fps in the new 3d engine.

that being said they did mention they had a way to view it in the old classic way that that would pose an issue but… that’s for them to solve

1 Like

Fix the iron golem vanishing problem! I don’t want to babysit where he’s at in a mazed map and walk back to him or have to use enigma/teleport charges to bring him back to my position

Perhaps make him teleport to you when he’s at a shorter distance away from you? The same could be done with skeletons as well, because they’re affected by the same problem.

3 Likes

Yes the IG needs some help if he is to be worthwhile. I used to make ones out of items where I got the resists over 100 so he would be ‘fully immune’ only to have him wonder off playing with his iphone. If I only get to make him out of basic tosser metal items he isn’t really worth it. I can cast the clay golum 100 times a day and position him exactly where I want him. IG is a nice idea but he needs some reliability to really work out.

1 Like

Here we go again, people trying to change a skill when they have no idea how it works. IG is about Thorns, not about melee damage. Thorns + Amp, that is what the IG is. And further more, follow him, and cast LT when he needs healing and re-Amp when he is refreshed. This is the way the character was designed to be played.

1 Like

If we only consider IG to be about thorns, he’s pretty much useless; I have IM, or a thorns merc or bramble…Thus I played around with the mods on the items I could make an IG out of. Chance to cast static, full resistances, something to make it unique and better than just casting gumby any where I want cuz I can cast him all day.

The summons wandering off is an issue/bug. It makes it so using a golem that is easily re-cast and doesn’t use up anything useful the way to go. If they make him reliable, IG gets more usefulness. Gumby + Decrep on a boss still makes that far more useful than any other golem though.

The fact that you use mods to get gear instead of mastering the skills says it all.

the mods on the gear…

My bad.

The skill isn’t designed to be played that way, though it can be. It’s designed to be resurrected on the fly just like every other golem. The curses are designed to complement the summons and are very well balanced to do so. No matter what, the IG will not be the #1 golem for solo clearing. Summon Necro is in the top 5 of most powerful builds, and IG isn’t part of that build, FG is.

What on earth are you talking about the IG isnt designed to be played that way? What authority do you have to say how it was “Designed to be played?” IG is super useful explicitly because it transfers the items properties. Making a golem out of an Insight for the aura for example makes the skill incredibly flexible imo.

Personally im super hopeful that they fix the golem disappearing bug.

1 Like

What I actually said. :point_down:

In response to this. :point_down:

The skills and affixes from gear are bonuses the skill offers, but it’s main and most powerful affect is Thorns. However, you do not get the damage from the Insight.

Blizzard clearly says on the AS the skill’s strength is about the Thorns. Again, Thorns + Amp. Anyone who says return damage plus amp is useless is a noob.

1 Like

In illustrating the fun things you can get with the bonuses, the insight wouldn’t be used for the + to damage, but the meditation aura. This, used with say a poison nova necy can make for some interesting times, freeing up the merc to use a different weapon/aura combination.

That brings it back to the idea that he just wonders off and gets lost, worse than the D1 golem in Diablol…‘Fixing’ that problem can make for some more interesting options with the IG.

I’ve made more odd builds with necy back in the day all doing things that weren’t the intended ideas but it kept me entertained. A true melee only PD necy is really fun based on a skill they assumed would only be used until you got the next skill.

1 Like

The poison skill tree is much like the double weapon skill tree on the barbarian, the skills intentionally complement each other and are meant to be interchangeable depending on the situation the character is facing.

I already made a topic with all of the bugs , some of them are fixed others still there → [d2] massive diablo ii bug list

1 Like

Yeah you can bug your fcr as a sorc if you use an ability and switch your weapons at the same time

Not a single mention of the Strafe & Fend bug?

NOT MY WORK.
" I carried out some tests on the Fend bug with my javazon who used Titan’s Revenge, Stormshield with max block, maxed Fend and 1 point in D/A/E. Ravenfrost and poison small charms were used as indicators of successful hits. Test subjects were melee monsters, which I allowed to swarm my javazon in groups of 4 to 12 before fending. Results:

Using click-and-release
If uninterrupted by Dodge, Block or Hit Recovery, she would complete the Fend cycle on all melee monsters in range. Once the cycle is completed, another click-and-release on a monster would initiate the next Fend cycle.

If during the initial Fend attack, she performs a Dodge, Block or Hit Recovery, the Fend cycle would cease . Another click-and-release on a monster is required to initiate the next Fend cycle.

If the initial Fend attack is performed without interruption, she would proceed to perform her faster follow-up Fend attacks. If during this faster attack cycle she performs a Dodge, Block or Hit Recovery, the Fend cycle would again cease . Another click-and-release on a monster is required to initiate the next Fend cycle.

Rarely (I estimate from 5%, to at most 10%), during a Fend cycle (regardless of the initial attack or follow-up attacks), she performs a Dodge, Block or Hit Recovery, she would continue that current Fend cycle, with ‘whiffing’ , until the next Dodge, Block or Hit Recovery interrupts her and stops that cycle. See my Analysis below.

Using click-and-hold
She would perform her Fend cycle as normal until she undergoes a Dodge, Block or Hit Recovery, after which she stops that current Fend cycle. All subsequent Fend attacks will whiff indefinitely for as long as the mouse button is held down, until death. The mouse button has to be released and clicked again on a target in order to break the whiffing.

Analysis
From the click-and-release method, it appears that the amazon goes through ‘some other type of check process’ independent of the Dodge, Block or Hit Recovery process. This is based on my observations as detailed above.

From the click-and-hold method, once the amazon is interrupted, all new Fend cycles will whiff, without exception. This also suggests that ‘another type of check process’ activates and causes all subsequent Fend attacks to whiff.

Investigation
I am unable to discern the exact nature of the ‘check processes’ as outlined above. Those on here who have a much stronger grasp on the game mechanics than myself may have some insights to offer, and I would be happy to carry out further in-game tests if it helps in revealing what these processes are.

Conclusion
If using Fend with D/A/E, the Fend bug, as defined by convention, can almost be eliminated by using the click-and-release method. The click-and-hold method is not feasible when using Fend with D/A/E."

3 Likes