A Barb Response to the Lamentation Nerf

Why, man? Game looks cool

You can only get crushed so many time before you canā€™t rebound any more.

1. MMO stuff like World Bosses with 8-64 players running arround increasing lag to over 9000ā€¦

2. Trading allowing to buy all BiS items from botters on 3rd party sitesā€¦

3. PvP which probably will look like PK in D2 LoDā€¦

4. Online Only which means no Offline mode and No mods supportā€¦Which also means that when a server crashes youā€™ll have to wait 1-3 days for them to fix it without any responseā€¦

5. Runes which should be back in D3 RoS which begs the question what we will see in D5ā€¦ Charms maybe and Etheral items?

6. Cooldowns are back which means you wonā€™t probably be able to run in werewolf or werebear form forever, but for only 20 seconds maybeā€¦

7. Open world which means youā€™ll have to worry about any other player stealing your resources or monsters or just PK you on sightā€¦

1 Like

Actually I think we will have separated instances, right? Those who want to play solo wonā€™t see other players, except in cities , I guess. Similar to PoE

Actually youā€™re. Capisce?

Thats and Poe 4.0 thats supposed to rival d4. Good for competition.

I am beginning to think that you have a valid point there.
Keep in mind I am not the greatest tester in hell but I played for quite a while last night and noticed that just going up a single GR was like hitting a wall damage wise. I know there are a lot of variables in play but the damage loss was very noticeable, especially on the Mobs. It was like, man! I got the sharpest blades around to wtf did I forget my swords in town?!
Anyway, Please reinstate that Lamentation Buff.

2 Likes

FYI guys:

Darkpotatoes clearing 140 is a hota build with bugged fjorf. FJORD is a seismic slam weapon. HE CLEARED IT EXPLOITING A BUG. It is a good thing that this bug is fixed otherwise you may keep bashing your head to walls in the remainďer of D3.

On the contrary, this bug is a gift. THEY HAVE TO FIX THE BUG AND WHILE AT IT ASK FOR REASONABLE BUFFS AND EDITS TO CURRENT ITEMS. Do not fixate on what a streamer is doing. And do not argue with trolls please.

PS: this brings us the question: those clears on LBs with hota exploiting fjord. As these users did not report this bug they have exploited it. What will be the action by blizzard I wonder.

Hmm. Seen some folk make contradictory claims about me as compared to whatā€™s in my OP.

Would ask that everyone check the OP again, as the requests Iā€™m making couldnā€™t be more simple:

• Lamentation at 200%
  • Fjord bug fixed
  • Fjord and Remorseless further buffed

I know better than to expect anything. But there are numerous issues they have to fix, such as the problem with Crusader, and the Fjord bug. I also know for a fact that our complaints about Lamentation have been a big topic of discussion between Nev and the devs. Thatā€™s the thing many of yā€™all donā€™t understand. Her official posts here are very neutral because they have to do beā€“itā€™s part of her job. But she is most certainly an advocate for us; sheā€™s a major reason why our Fjord and Remorseless ideas from the proposal made it into the game. She kept our threads and requests front and center in meetings. Sheā€™s awesome, and if sheā€™s overworked, horrifically under-staffed, and has to clear every little thing she posts with corporate lawyers, the devs, and various other PR outlets in the company, that doesnā€™t change the fact that sheā€™s doing all she can for us.

Unfortunately, advocating to the Classic Games team is . . . well, thereā€™s no telling what may happen. Iā€™m trying to stay busy and optimistic.

10 Likes

they stated that the ā€œbalanceā€ patch is coming between now and season start. Tho i hope they donā€™t wait to long, knowing if they nerf sader they might do the same thing they did with rend and completly destroy the set. and then having no time to readjust before season start leaving saders in the same spot we barbs are.

This. Plus:

• AV nerfed to be able to clear GR 145ish with 10k paragon.

I think he exploited 2 bugs: Fjord and wall slam.

1 Like

The Barb community is not asking for nerfs of any kind to any class. Period.

If the devs see fit to nerf Sader, thatā€™s their decision.

The math is clear: They donā€™t want classes to solo 150, and they may not want groups doing 150s anymore, either. I know Nev & the devs are working on a blog post about this, but Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re trying to bring the solo ceiling down to 140 (where it currently is) and the group ceiling down as well.

Guess weā€™ll find out.

5 Likes

Regardless of what the pre-S19 balance patch does or doesnā€™t bring, Iā€™d personally like to thank you for the effort you put into trying to get us relevant as damage dealers again. The PTR week was the most fun Iā€™ve had on my Whirlwind in years and Iā€™d love to play one in S19.

Whilst itā€™s unlikely Iā€™ll ever get to deliver on the promise, I owe you thisā€¦
:beers:

6 Likes

Indeed, after the ā€œneeded nerf ā€œ on rend because they were so OP, I donā€™t want any ā€œnerfs ā€œ and think it should be ā€œfixedā€ not nerfed. Then again, I also think people should not keep using 10k paragon as reference.

4 Likes

Honestly, I was so hyped for this ss.
Now, Iā€™m bored already. Itā€™s a mess at its best. Will just doing it for a couple days to get ss reward, then done.
Gotta go to PoE for my desired WW build. Pepega, here I come!!!

They outright said that is not happening.

https://www.pcgamer.com/heres-how-diablo-4s-shared-world-works/

The subtext of that title is a quote I seem to remember being said, but here is the subtext:

You canā€™t turn off other players, but you donā€™t have to enter dungeons with them.

Reminds one of the old phrase, the rich gets richer as time goes on. The disparity at looking a how seasonal play works should not be regulated to the top 1% percent viewpoint. Hope Blizzard is able to compensate lesser players fairly. :wink:

1 Like

Since Blizzard is pretty much explicitly using this week as a live PTR, any action would be ridiculous. I tried out fjord cutter on my wastes barb. Banning me would be a good way to make sure I never play another Blizzard game.

(off topic)

I wish Barbarianā€™s new set revolved around Revenge, Overpower and a big two handed sword like ā€œThe Grandfatherā€. I built something in a similar fashion in PoE, the game Iā€™m currently playing. Something like that: big, fat hits, in a wide arc with a big sword.

4 Likes