A Barb Response to the Lamentation Nerf

lol blizz just keeps making things worse. Now Fjord Cutter is bugged and Dark is like hey i’m just gonna clear a new world barb record by 4 rifts. This stuff is getting hilarious. They should just change fjord cutter to all damage and remove the cold proc. All builds can use it that way.

2 Likes

meh, doesn’t count b/c he’s taking advantage of a broken game mechanic aka exploit, and the era is being reset with the small balance patch, so ideally it’s not an official record.

1 Like

I had a feeling that they wanted to release a faulty patch and leave a week till season hits. This is probably due to the sandbagging and the significant trolling in PTRs.

Add barbarian class’s fear of receiving a nerf if pushed, this could be intentional.

I expect Lamentation will not only be 200% but may receive a buff further (300% hello?)

Also Fjord Cutter may receive a buff while its bug is cleared. Let’s hope that I speculate correct.

In the meanwhile, as I scroll the thread I noticed, I think the most common answer Micro received looks like “Are you sure”

:thinking: Hmmm. I wonder if we can look at its distribution etc…

2 Likes

Can I get a table for this Micro analysis please? A…small table

3 Likes

Dude the entire sader build is a broken mechanic . He is using what is available to him. Are you telling me that saders shouldnt push the the new set because it will be changed? Its the same thing. In fact im gonna thow fjord cutter in the ww build and see what i can do.

I would like a table for two please.

Thanks

4 Likes

Would be off the hook or the bomb or whatever the kids are saying these days.

1 Like

It’s not a broken mechanic though. By broken, he means bugged. What crusader is doing is 100% intended and it’s not exploiting a bug.

A man can dream.

I hope the dev who looks at this 140 clear knows it’s because of an unintended? bug.

2 Likes

oh man barb clears 140 again. Nerfs and memes incoming hard!!!
Blizz is like well “we might have overshot this one and there was indeed a bug but we are fixing this issue and nerfing Raekor just for @#$%s and giggles”

3 Likes

Now that you mentioned it

2 Likes

Link here. Posted on GD

1 Like

Thanks for doing this. I was anticipating a legion of buffoons clamoring for Blizzard to nerf HOTA or something.

One good takeaway from this is that Fjord does indeed need to be fixed.

You mean all Slam builds?

While I don’t completely disagree with that theory, what good would it be for any other Slam builds?

Rumble soaks up too much Fury and the downtime between Slams really hurts it as a DPS mechanic. Stagger reduces the Fury cost, but we have Crimson’s and other ways of doing that, including Peak, so that rune’s utility is borderline useless, especially if you have good uptime on Fury of the Ancients. Shattered Ground is cool, but doesn’t do as much damage as Permafrost.

The Cold rune is, easily, the best Slam rune. I guess I could see Stagger builds become a thing, but when it comes to pure DPS, Permafrost is always going to take the cake.

In my view, Fjord’s requirement creates a unique and interesting synergy between the Slam rune and the Mighty Weapon.

2 Likes

No make is so all builds can use it. Not just slam builds!!

So, who expects the developers to just remove the damage bonus from Fjord Cutter and call it a day?

No thanks. :\

I prefer intentional design with specific goals and synergies. A random 150% global buff is, in theory, nice, but does little to address overall problems with the class.

1 Like

No one does. I was being sarcastic. I mean what else is bugged and how many times are they going pull a " we may have overshot this one".

1 Like

Nice post Pro. Hopefully that’ll stymie the trolls demanding a nerf. Also hopefully the dev team tweaks the bug for Fjord Cutter and corrects it to just be for SS cause I am looking to try this build out this season regardless if lamentation is rebuffed or not.

Actually going to attempt to legitimately push this season and try to record them for the clear archives.

Hey, careful here. My investment in the ammo industry is at stake.
Bliz is my best customer by far…

3 Likes

You must be doing well!!

1 Like