A Barb Response to the Lamentation Nerf

what the…
loggin in today…checkin leaderboards (EU)…147 done with the UNTESTET new crusi-set.
very good blizz :+1:

3 Likes

They only had to remove 100% of the buff make not the whole buff, is that simple.

The thing they are afraid of is density synergy. The ww barbarian gets better with density, and not like all the other heroes but exponentially. That guy that did 145 or how much he did, did not fish like a crazy man. Most likely you could add another 5 grs over what that player did with enough gr fishing.

Look at all those BUFFED barbs struggling to reach 130 while certain other classes already hit 147 currently… What a joke. They overshot us, we are too OP.

2 Likes

I’m not responsible for your temp ban. You made unnecessary personal jabs and the mods did what they did. Oh well. You don’t have to like my politics–I certainly abhor yours–but what you did was on a different level. I don’t mind some friction, and discussion between opposing points of view is healthy, but let’s try to keep it on topic.

Back on topic:

That’s precisely the point I make in the OP about compromise. They had to have known that we Barbs have gotten the rug yanked out from under us over and over again. Lowering Lamentation down to 100% would have been a 2-4 GR tier nerf instantly, and it would have ruled out shenanigans akin to what Saders are currently doing. At 100%, high-Paragon Rend Barbs would be in the 133-138 range, with possibly a tier or two more to squeeze out. Considering at least 3 other classes (now 4) are 140+ capable, that would have been fine.

But 0%?

That isn’t just bad design. It’s disrespect.

19 Likes

Even with the complete 200% bonus, it would still not be the most powerful. But people kept making up numbers or calling it a “small nerf” etc.

11 Likes

He did only 140, he assumed he can do 145. But never did.

6 Likes

To sum up:

Someone does a 140 run
Certain classes already at 147-148
That someone tells he can do 145, which he never did
Everyone goes crazy about a build being able to be 2-3 off the top
Nerf back to 130-133
Profit

5 Likes

oof, I kind of completely lost interest in WhirlRend after the patch went live.

Players are reporting it’s closer to a 10-12 GR nerf for lower paragon players?

Build is completely dead on arrival.

10 Likes

I actually believe WWRend @ @200% Lamentation was at-least 143 capable. Beyond that I’m not sure.

Based on my testing you now need a really ridiculous 1 floor / conduit to do 133. And 133 is no longer an impressive clear for any class.

It’s running into the same problem as before on 130-133; if you run out of density the elites will stop taking damage fast enough and you fall behind.

For comparison, I did a 135 with Seismic Slam in like 10 keys, and that is still a joke compared to my DH’s 138 from last era.

2 Likes

well take note what nev says at the end of her last post

I imagine some of you have seen it already, but a new letter from our Game Director, Luis Barriga, is [now available to read]. Take a moment to read it if you have the time, and I’ll pop in again with our next update once David Kim’s blog publishes in the near future.

guess no comms for a while

143 would be perfectly fine and still not the most powerful build

5 Likes

Agreed. My point is that the true nerf, taking fishing into account and Conduits, is about 10 GRs.

At 133 I am seeing that any open map is an instant RIP unless the trash / elites are amazing. And then you’d need a conduit to make time for the boss.

Basically perfect circumstances. All that to do a 133.

2 Likes

If they have to deploy another patch before the Season to nerf the Crusader, there really is no excuse for leaving the Barbarians as they are.

2 Likes

A meme by Hadd.

23 Likes

That’s “literally” what happened last weekend :rofl:

Thanks, Brokahn

5 Likes

The nerf is a joke, blizz is a joke, the devs are a joke.

4 Likes

A sliver of hope barbs

2 Likes

Amazing. And true!

UPDATE

I’ve added quite a bit of material to the OP, including an extended analysis about the build’s problems, the actual nerf, and lots more in the conclusion, including how to move forward.

4 Likes

Where is this from? No link?

NVM, found it. Nothing there, really.

the problem with this is they will likely want to focus on the new barb set and ww barb will continue to be left floundering