A Barb Response to the Lamentation Nerf

lol, gold as always, my friend. Pls visit us at the Barb forums. Next time you go there the drink is on me

1 Like

I am glad that Blizzard decided on the compromise approach as was suggested by many including myself in the PTR feedback and general discussion forums relative to the lamentation rend damage modifier.

I suspect that barbarians should be thankful that the AoV crusader build was OP and being nerfed. Otherwise, I am not sure that Blizzard would have made patch 2.6.7a.

2 Likes

Guess I’ll try out WW Rend barb after all, I just hope they didn’t remove the other part of the legendary power which makes rend cast twice now :rofl:

…and they still claim they "Overshot it at 200% :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Where did you see that

Check Diablofans first post:

https://www.diablofans.com/

Lamentation:

• Now increases the damage of Rend by [100-150%]
  • Developer’s Note: As we’ve indicated in forum posts, we overshot on Lamentation’s original implementation during the 2.6.7 PTR. However, we also very much undershot the overall balance of Rend/Whirlwind’s adjustments by removing this bonus completely. After reading a ton of your feedback and completing our own internal testing, we’ve settled on a middle ground we believe reaches the balance level we were shooting for.
4 Likes
3 Likes

I’m still waiting for your tables on AoV

I already gave my tables on AoV, but I now will update with the addition of a last row.

Class Power
Crusader To be Nerfed
Crusader Shield of Fury Nerfed

smashes the table while raising a bottle of whiskey “Gasniiiiiick, he is bringing his tables agaaain”

4 Likes

Where’s Free when we need him…

5 Likes

Hadd,
You are totally correct, I fully agree. I wish “viable” D3 builds didn’t pigeon hole so quickly. In about the time to get to Act 10 in poe, i’ve just about finished D3 season journey, or close to it. After that, it’s grind paragons. What little i’ve played poe, mostly SSF, i’ve found a surprising amount of room to experiment and still have reasonable success. Not so much flex in D3. I too think it would be very cool to be able to tweak and experiment with Diablo, fingers crossed for D4!

1 Like

Hadd,

You explicitly asked me to make a table for you. Now, you are complaining that I fulfilled your wish.

My graph is way “purrdyer” than any old table I ever saw!

PTR…:chart_with_upwards_trend::tada:
Live…:chart_with_downwards_trend::interrobang::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Patch 2.6.7a :chart_with_upwards_trend::fireworks::confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Go hang out in the Crusader forum and put your tables there.

9 Likes

Oh ye of little faith…

WE DID IT! BARBS, WE REALLY, TRULY DID IT!

AND THAT IS WHAT WE GOT! Except it’s no longer lame!

Thank you! I couldn’t have done it without the help and support of the Barb community! We made some monumental efforts to get the nerf reversed, and I want to give a special shout out to Ulma who recorded videos and chimed in as a 10k Paragon player to counter the narrative that Barbs were somehow OP.

The Barb community is truly the best community round these parts, and I’m thrilled that we came together and GOT IT DONE.

Drinks are on me, ladies and gents.

Except for…

No more talking time. Please.

You’ve done enough. We just want to be rid of you. Can’t you see? This is not a healthy relationship. You make tables, and we hate everything that you type.

38 Likes

Thank God!
Grats Barbs, see you in S19 Woo hoo! Spin to win is back bb!

So looks like it goes to 140 max capable, fair play and 150% is definitely enough to compete with Rat’s speeds…again thank God.

3 Likes

I made ~2,000 posts in the old forum where almost all were in general discussion. I made 2 posts in the old barbarian forum according to the statistics there.

You made 5,000+ in the old barb forum and 102 posts in the old general discussion forum. Something changed on the new forum and it wasn’t me. You are smart enough to figure it out.

1 Like

You’re still wrong about Roth vs Hagar.

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: rolling a Barb again!!:beers::beers::beers:

1 Like

Correct. What changed is that we don’t want to talk to you anymore.

Please. Go elsewhere. Anywhere else. Maybe a different game forum? I hear they want your charts in Overwatch?

9 Likes

All I’m saying is Hagar would wear Lamentation.

Roth would wear Saffron Wrap.

Come at me. :rofl::rofl: