99 accessibility

Currently levelling is a huge grind. In a video I recently watched, the creator said you’d have to do THOUSANDS of Diablo or Baal runs to progress from level 98 to level 99. He had some amazing gear for his sorceress and merc and blasted through each run in a matter of minutes. He concluded that it would take hundreds of hours at break-neck speed to move from level 98 to level 99. He did not comment on the vast amount of time needed to progress through the late 80’s and most of the 90’s.

No disrespect intended toward those who have done the level grind, I would like to see 99 be much more easy to achieve. Perhaps instead of thousands of speed runs for 98 to 99, make it about one hundred clear-as-you-go runs. That would still present a significant investment of effort and time for folks without teleport as a sorceress or from Enigma (probably hard to assemble without duping).

Not sure If troll topic or not -.-

8 Likes

It’s not intended to be a troll topic. I’d just like to reach 99.

1 Like

You can reach 99 If you put time and effort to It… Not everything needs to be accessed like a snap of a finger

13 Likes

Idk how much D2 you have played in your life but, I have spent way more time on that game then I would like to admit. I have never achieved 99 before because there really isn’t any reason to do so. I think the highest I ever got was 95 and even that wasn’t necessary.

In D2 reaching 99 is a cool achievement to do but, it really is pointless from a power standpoint. After 85-90 the skills you need to have maxed out, in most builds, will be maxed out. The stats points you get after level 85-90 are just extra vitality, which is helpful in some contexts like high end PvP but, even there it isn’t necessary. I can tell you I spent a ton of time PvPing and was never max level but, was always competitive.

If you’re reading this and you haven’t played a lot of D2 in your life just know that reaching max level isn’t a necessity like it is in other games. In other words, nerfing XP for 99 wouldn’t really achieve anything so I would prefer it just be left alone.

10 Likes

Leveling to 99 is a huge waste of time and is not necessary. I’ve done it myself ONCE when you could still level up in Uber Tristram. Even that was incredibly long and boring.

Bots have reached 99 regularly over the past several ladders in about 3 weeks, running 24/7 in 8 player bot games running Baal over and over and… you get the point.

Putting the bot time frame in human time frames where sleep is possible…
18 hours a day. That’s reaching level 99 in 4 weeks at best, or 0.933 months.
12 hours a day. That’s reaching level 99 in 6 weeks at best, or 1.4 months.
6 hours a day. Level 99 in 12 weeks at best, or 2.8 months.
4 hours a day. 99 in 18 weeks at best, or 4.2 months.
3 hours a day. 99 in 24 weeks at best, or 5.6 months.

Aim for 90. Don’t waste your time trying to get to 99.

4 Likes

99 is the reward for your effort into a character. Shouldn’t be changed. Also a niche little way to show a bit of status to a character other than M/Patriarch.

3 Likes

No.

Not everyone deserves to get a level 99 character.
It is supposed to be an insane grind.

Making it easier would just mean tons and tons more 99s walking around and lessen the significance for anyone actually able to do it already.

12 Likes

this ^ plus there is no real benefit for it either, so unless u want to do it to prove a point. ( which basically ends up being “i either bot or i have no life”) then stop trying to reach 99. your not “supposed” to reach it. you CAN, but its not something your supposed to aim for unless trying to play for ladder spots

4 Likes

You may have different opinions, but this is clearly not a troll post.

1 Like

Nope, 99 is the ultimate grail prize that needs to stay difficult to achieve manually…

Just un-nerf hell cows and make that a viable option again, you could run and get a exp shrine while the sorc goes to get the leg

I have also done it once and it was one of the greatest achievements in a game I have done.

2 Likes

This thread pointed out an interesting thing…

Lvl 99 is the max level and over the 20 years of playing the game it has represented the ultimate slog and reward for those who are willing to put the time into it. At the same time we the players have made lvl 85 our max level for builds just because you just don’t want to spend the time making it to 99.

That’s a funny way to make a game, one I think is unique and definitely should not be changed. In just about any other game it wouldn’t work and it’s probably the reason I liked games like Guild wars that capped at 20 and that’s where the game was played.

1 Like

best get to them baals run then

1 Like

You only need to be around lvl 80 to own pub games. 92-93 is achievable quite easily. After that, its up to you.

1 Like

No, its supposed to be hard and time consuming, thats the beauty of it. Not everybody will achiev it but its not impossible. And you are not even supposed to to it or forced to do it. I play game for 20 years and I nefer felt urge to level up to 99. Once I was grinding to 97 just for fun. But even then it was byproduct of me doing mf runs and not doing exp runs.

More easy lvl 99? What is next? Higher chance to find Tyraels might just because only few found it?

I say NO to this, these things are reason why people play this game so long. You still have limits and somemthing to find. You cant ever possibly fully achieve everythind. There is always something better to find, super rare item, perfect rare uniques, lvl 99, level up crazy builds, have perfect pvp gear…

4 Likes

this is a troll post.

sage, report, and move on. OP is baiting us.

Currently University is a huge grind. In a video I recently watched, a creator said you’d have to do TENS OF THOUSANDS of days of class and tests to go from grade 1 to PH.D.

He had some of the best research tools available, and was able to deduce results that would take basement scientists much longer who had worse equipment.

No disrespecft intended towards those who have done the education grind. I would like to see becoming a doctor much more easy to achieve. Perhaps instead of thousands of study hours, make it about 100 multiple choice answer quizzes. That would still present a significant investment of effort and times for folks without access to tuition funds or scholarships.

4 Likes

Here it comes. Rofl.

1 Like

Then you’ll have to put in the work :woman_shrugging:

99 simply isn’t for everyone and the advantage it is giving you over e.g. a LvL 95 character is basically non-existent anyways.

3 Likes

so you want to get a trophey without actually earning one??

4 Likes

it should stay the same period

1 Like