9/16/2021 Edit: Loot Systems Updates/Clarification

After all it’s only 9000 from X amount players.
How much can you take that into consideration when it comes to the decision?

This 13% and some of the 39% who supported FFA only thought incorrectly that personal loot meant up to 8X drops and/or account bound.

and som of the 36% did the same right? so how can we trust the survey i ask agian?
you cant, and you proved my point. thx

1 Like

9,000 is a statistically powered sample size in this scenario.

See:

Sample Size Calculator - Calculate power & sample size for one-sample, two-sample and k-sample experiments (gigacalculator.com)

The question is not the sample size but sampling bias. Sampling bias has to be considered; however, we know that this poll’s results are qualitatively similar to other polls for similar questions irrespective of their location. We also know that the polls agrees qualitatively with multiple forums. Changes that have widespread support on multiple forum/polls also have the most votes by percentage. Controversial topics less votes for making a change.

1 Like

You think the people who supported “ploot” would stop supporting it as an option, and suddenly become anti-ploot, if it was explained to them that droprates would not change?

Seems unlikely.
Those who genuinely wanted droprate increases might become indifferent to it, but that is about it.

2 Likes

sure it seems unlikely to a person who is for ploot. for you the survey is 100% fact, we all know this.

More lies. I have literally, repeatedly, stated the opposite.
It is a bit crazy.

1 Like

so now its not unlikely then or is it?

This is not an argument that I have made that it is 100% fact. I have said that it has sampling bias and other caveats. I tend to be careful to say things like “self-identified D2 players” and other things.

1 Like

I assume you refer to the poll from reddit?

Just to clarify where the number 9000 comes from.

I’d argue that I care more about D2:R than you.

The premise of my wanting changes comes from wanting D2:R to grow and be a powerhouse on the ARPG scene again. I don’t want to see it languish and turn into a bot-infested haven with a low and ever dwindling population. But that’s exactly where I think it’s headed if Blizzard releases it and then does nothing.

Granted, maybe that’s exactly what Blizzard wants - nothing but a nostalgic game where people who have been doing the same thing for a decade or more can continue to do it. I seriously doubt that, but I suppose we’ll see.

2 Likes

Huh…
If you ask the very same people who participated in this poll, if they support Timed Allocation loot, with the exact same droprates as FFA, then it is unlikely they would suddently become anti-ploot.

This is not affected by whether the poll is bad or inaccurate. Since we are talking about a sample size of 100%; the people who participated in the poll.

1 Like

iam a superhero who can fly and i know superman… i self-indentified ther. it must be true…

and the 13% also said 100% yes? or is it mabye?

Yes. Initially that poll had ~4,400 respondent but has continued to grow with time. It now is approaching 9,000. There is another reddit post on the updated numbers that got referenced in twitter.

See that is at twitter and links the new data:

HaN on Twitter: “Hey @RodFergusson What do you think of this? Do you guys plan to continue working on potential changes or new features for D2R post-release? https://t.co/NBY9nrP7hQ https://t.co/LdWXBa4AIQ” / Twitter

1 Like

The platform reddit is open to everyone correct?

As the text shows, they answered “yes if”. What that IF means… nobody knows. If you want to translate it to maybe, fine, just dont translate it to “not sure”.
Likely a fair amount of them meant “Not 8X loot!”.
Heck, I personally would be in the 13% group in that survey, since the survey question could easily be read as asking about D3 style loot system. Which would be catastrophic.

Hence why I am saying, that the Yes and Yes if groups take up half of the people, in a question that could be read as D3 loot, tells me that they (the 9000, not the playerbase overall) would overwhelmingly vote in favor of Timed Allocation.
Just like they overwhelmingly vote yes to many other bigger changes.

1 Like

isent it more likly that the people said yes ONLY IF THER IS A TRADE OFF. just like the Qustion said? not that they thought about the 8xloot?

and they voted for 1 free respc:) yes they know what they talking about

1 Like

I think you have to create an account to post but it is open to everyone. Having said that, that poll did not require a reddit account to vote.