Let's push for an optional level cap

That would be the best alternative

I still think 800 is too low, but if there is an unlimited alternative, it isnt such a big deal

It also nerfs everyone

A lot of us care more about the possibility of constantly getting stronger than some leaderboards

I would actually bet most players dont care about leaderboards

But that is NOT how the current system works. You cant get a Season 29 character with uncapped Paragon, at all, SSF or not

8 Likes

After reading a lot of these threads the last few days, I’m coming around. I feel like the cap is nice, but it should be higher. Maybe 1200-1600? 800 is feeling a bit low now that I’ve had time to think about it.

cap should be optional. Then I don’t care what the cap is.

4 Likes

I’m not a botter and I’m annoyed with the paragon cap. I like getting progressively stronger and being able to see just how far I can push my characters and myself. IDC necessarily about the leaderboards. If you want pure leaderboards do SSF. If you want to be able to feel like you are progressing, play seasonal like normal. It’s not that complicated.

With drop rates as stupid low as always, relying on RNG to get you the perfect rolls on gear is stupid IMHO.

10 Likes

Hey Jaylynne,

Appreciate the feedback - Each time a player dives deeper into the fissure the item % goes up and up (To a fairly healthy amount in higher Torment levels) and you’ll also be able to acquire a better % for overall time spent vs. quality (Ancient/Primal) of items within the portals.

The goal is to offset the feeling of low drop rates and hopefully get you those advantageous rolls on your gear.

If you get a chance to test it out and don’t feel this way let us know please!

Also, we’re still looking into feedback in terms of paragon cap as we go through this next week for PTR!

Thanks again :metal:

18 Likes

My experience with the fissures is that they were stupid hard before set bonuses and after we ripped through them no problem. Not that great of a reward from them either.

4 Likes

That’s certainly not what I feel like is happening. It feels the same. Maybe some guaranteed primals would help?

The cap is in a good spot. We have had 28 sessons without a paragon point allocation cap. This will.be a nice seasonal change.

Posters on the forum are a small subset of players who are more vocal about the game. Even among us, most have a favorable view of the cap.

Psychologically, I do wonder if the cap is raised a smidgen to 1,000 paragon if more will be content. There is something about 4 digit numbers versus 3 digit numbers.

Of the 1,000 points, one could spend 400 on the main stat/movement speed tab.

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
Please keep this in mind:

1 Like

I posted some Feedback to most of the PTR changes. Maybe this is of interest to you.
PTR Feedback

In short regarding Visions.
→ It feels like the reward is a good amount of Bounty mats. If there is higher chance on Ancient/Primal it doesn’t feel like it. Please increase the Ancient/Primal chance.

In short regarding Paragon Cap:
→ 800 feels too low. On the way to fully augment ONE build and be ready to push you usually reach 1400, so maybe increase it.
→ if your goal is that people only grind up fast and are ready to push on an even playing field take somewhere between 1200-1600
→ if your goal is to limit the impact of botting but keep the feeling of constant improvement alive take a cap at 3000

2 Likes

hey Matthew Cederquist
for me as a player i dont like the paragon cap because I’m simply hitting that cap to fast and i like to play the season full out so if you must have a paragon cap then it will be nice to have it at 5000 or so. because it’s not something you get into right away I know a lot of people I play with have the same feeling for this I know we can get over it 5000 if we want but it just feels bad not to get any out of the level you have grinded for I hope this feedback can help you Sincerely Freddy

7 Likes

I’m upset. I’ve been playing for many years. Never botted.

S28 is the highest I’ve ever been in a season (4200-ish). Normally I get to around 2500-3000. But to remove the carrot from the end of the stick is just plain stupid.

10 Likes

bot or no boting it will still be the same people that will be #1 on leaderboards just because they’re better and I’m sorry I don’t want to call anyone bad but it’s just the truth

1 Like

New paragon ceiling arrived with higher attribute cap. If you play your cards right you will get 20-25% more dps output from it. This means if you fully augmented from Whispers, you will have around 14-15k main stat and when you maximized dps attributes your damage will feel like it is at 1500-1600 plvl range without boosting mainstat. Also on top of that 20-25% boost will also offer you almost double the amount of Area Damage, so basically your AD procs will be comparable to 5k plvl where you have around 35k main stat without even trying. The only downside is, when you completely focus on dps, you will fall short on sustain such as CdR% or RcR% and this is certain focus of trade-offs.

Tossing completely random numbers as a demand of new ceiling is not sane, as any given time developers can raise the bar as they see fit without needing your input. All they need to do is skimming through their records and look what has been achieved. Any phony youtube wannabe will be ignored in the process and they will focus on known good players who have proven their mettle in leaderboards legit before. If it is deserved, the paragon cap will not stay at 800 and developers clearly stated that it’s just a starter point at their S29 Preview Blog clearly. Any kind of split further from SSF is redundant. If developers decides that feedback swerves that way, it is not hard to restrict Paragon cap to SSF only, whether it is at the start of S29 or at its end.

If you “feel” that low paragon really cuts your Seasonal play short, then that is legit feedback. Yet, that also raise questions about if you really like the game or not. However, one also wonders what stops you at 2k or 3k plvl ceiling and why not go for 10k in a Season with no experience boost after the comfort we had at S28.

Really? Doesn’t seem like that to me.

11 Likes

Doesn’t seem like that to me either.

8 Likes

Cap of 800 sucks, unless the season is 1 week long… then it makes sense.

6 Likes

My observation is that you have a couple camps of players with some overlap in the middle.

On one side you have players that just want to improve their character and aren’t into true competition on leaderboards. The chase for paragon provides that once they reach their personal point of diminishing returns on gear vs time. Without something to provide means to improve, interest in playing is lost. Grinding keys and failing GRs without a return on character power isn’t for them.

On the other side you do have the players who can grind keys and go through GR pains without paragon increase because ladder number is more interesting that paragon number, and a paragon cap is motivational in that regard for an “even field”.

In the middle, overlap you have the players that grind both paragon and keys (normally in groups) because paragon advantage is part of the leaderboard chase.

I don’t know if it’s possible, but to me it seems that only having a paragon cap in SSF mode would be an option to consider.

4 Likes

But I bet there will be people complaining about it being too low even in SSF. That’s why it needs to be optional (with separate leaderboards).

1 Like