6 hours until destroyed leaderboard

Microsoft’s security on the Xbox is definitely not intact. Their non-season play is full of modded gear just like the other consoles. The big difference is that the Xbox modders won’t touch seasonal play as they know Microsoft will ban their accounts if they do try to put modded gear on the leaderboards.

Unlike Sony and Nintendo that don’t care about cheating of any kind, Microsoft does care and actively combats it by banning accounts. That’s why only the Xbox leaderboards are free of modded gear.

It’s because Microsoft does care about their customers unlike Sony that I’m going to buy a Xbox Series X when I can instead of a PS5 to upgrade from my PS4 Pro.

Someone already put modded gear on them a few seasons ago when console released on a tuesday as mistake. They were reported thousands of times yet their account was not banned.

I read that’s the case, but am not recalling if it’s been said how it got there.

As far as I recall seeing it’s not known to be impacting seasonal play on xbox , but I’m not sure it’s been published what the reason for that is either. (setting aside the s23 botched start where modded NS gear end up in season).

Bit of misinformation there.

XB360 has been hacked in terms of encryption keys and the reason why XB1 has modded gear in non season is due to the export of XB360 saves (modded) into XB1 via the D3 ingame built option.

XB1 is the only lastgen console not to have its encryption keys discovered and in fact the XB1 has two layers of these encryption keys thus you see no ability on XB1 to decrypt save files and edit them.

That is why XB1 seasonal characters on XB1 are free from modded gear.

PS4 and Switch have been hacked and there exists the ability to decrypt saves hence they can be edited and this is why you see modded Seasonal toons on those platforms.

MS, Nintendo and Sony do not ban your accounts for cheating, it is the game developer who does that and they can instruct the platform to ban your account but it rarely happens.

The console platform providers host the leaderboards but it is Blizard who have administrative control of them thus it is 100% on Blizzard to tidy up the leaderboards on Console…they have never done so yet.

2 Likes

Microsoft doesn’t ban cheaters modders on xbox either. IF you want to avoid cheaters you go to PC

Yes, this is probably more true than Sony, who only chases $$$$.

not quite true, you can report an account to Sony and they may ban it. Doesn’t necessarily need a 3rd party reporting and asking for a PSN ban.

yes, and this speaks volumes about Blizzard, doesn’t it…ignorant and incompetent and lazy.

you haven’t obviously heard of botters and map hacking…

Maybe looking for them.

Only if they breach Sony’s ToS…Sony will not ban you if you breach a game’s ToS unless instructed by the game developer.

yeah, good point. But AFAIK, using modded gear is a violation of Sony’s PSN TOS…

edit: reading the PSN Australian TOS:

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/legal/psn-terms-of-service/

it says to “obey the law” - "Do not infringe anyone’s intellectual property.
". In order to create modded gear, one must circumvent the security keys, aka “drm”. This is illegal in most countries, including Australia, UK and the US.

I’ll also note it says:

" Do not use any bugs, glitches, vulnerabilities or unintentional mechanics in Products or the PSN to get an advantage."

and this applies too:

" Do not do anything to bring the PSN or PlayStation into disrepute."

I’ll add:

“We take protection of our IP and the security of our Authorised Systems, PSN and Products seriously and pursue people who threaten them.”

and

“avoid any authentication, encryption or security measures;”

and for Jester:

“help anyone else to do any of these things.”

of course, this applies too:

Do not hack, crack, decrypt, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Authorised Systems, PSN or any Product or help anyone else to. This restriction applies to the fullest extent permitted under mandatory applicable local law."

If I had the money, I’d be suing Sony for failing to abide by their TOS. But alas, I do not have the money.

The reality is, these modders are breaking all of the above TOS rules. And yet, Sony has no reporting process in place unless that person is in your friends list. Funny that, eh?

It is clearly obvious that Sony is ONLY interested in collecting the money for their PSN sub. Once I can afford the new XBOX I’ll be telling Sony where they can shove their subscription. With utter glee.

Looks like a pretty sound case there DP. It appears their policy goes so far as to document it and stops short of enforcing it, as it presently stands.

All true Dave but Sony won’t ban you because they do not know about modded gear in D3 because it is not their game, it would take Blizzard to acknowledge that Sony’s ToS have been broken.

I’ve only ever seen Sony ban PSN accounts for modded gear in D3 when people were broadcasting the game and selling modded gear.

I picture some sleezy lawyer or firm put on those commericals like the boyscouts/vaping/cancer/etc - call us to get everything…

Here is the commerical…

Is your butt sore from cheaters wrecking your fun by claiming number 1 spots in leaderboards and there just isnt anyway humanly possible for you to beat them. Call us now for compensation you may be rightfully able to claim. Our hackers are standing by to assist your needs, i mean legal team to fight for your rights.

1 Like

:rofl: that’s some advertisement, I could see it. With plenty of people trying to jump on for a few dollars, after it all gets taken by the lawyers for “fees” everyone would walk away about $2-3 richer.

That’s where users reporting PSN accounts cheating with modded gear directly to Sony should be happening. These are PSN TOS and players have to abide by them irrespective of whether it’s directly using PSN infrastructure or a game on the PSN infrastructure. That there is no reporting mechanism put in place by Sony says an awful lot about Sony. They are NOT a nice company. I’ll remind people of the Sony DRM fiasco from 20 years ago. Google it.

all lawyers are sleazy lol…with that said, I would probably lose, simply because Sony makes their own TOS and they can, as the creator of the terms, change them at a whim to suit themselves. There is nothing illegal about it, but it is obviously immoral. The modern justice system doesn’t care about morality, it simply cares about $$$$$ and protecting business interests. This is why your ordinary person cannot afford to take legal action to protect their rightful interests.