5-8 Second Game Freeze

Hello,

My game will spontaneously freeze up for 5-10 seconds sometimes, generally when there is a high amount of activity happening at the time of freeze. Game play continues somewhere… because when the screen unfreezes for me, I am usually dead. This is the second Desktop I am having this issue on.

I am using a BRAND NEW… R12 Alienware CPU
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super

I realize my GPU card is a baseline card, so I do not run the video frame rate and resolution at Max settings. I set the framerate about middle of the road at 140. As I said before, this same issue was happening on an older Desktop as well so I am suspicious when it happens on a new desktop. I also ran the Scan and Repair option on the Blizzard App for this game. Does not fix the issue. Please Help

Longstanding bug.

There are different workarounds.

• Swap fmode.dll (no Sound)
  • Swap or delete msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll
  • Run the game on only one CPU core

fmode .bat file

fmode powershell script

Visual Studio dlls

CPU affinity shortcut

1 Like

I’m using this one. Music streaming is a must.

I replace the fmode file everytime I open Diablo 3. I have the auto update setting turned off, but the launcher won’t let me play until i update, and then I have to replace the file again. This is fine and it fixes the Freeze problem… but this is a pretty shiitt fix to a BIG problem with the game. Where is Blizzard to fix this?

1 Like

Blizzard don’t care, I guess we wait for Blizzard 2.0 team to build a new game :slight_smile:

“Now an alumni network, affectionately dubbed Blizzard 2.0 by some in the gaming community, has sprung up in Irvine, California, the same town where Blizzard has a sprawling campus. Hundreds of ex-employees, including the company’s co-founder and chief executive officer for decades, have spread out there across a half a dozen independent studios.”

2 Likes

Just started getting this problem on S24 game freeze and then crash all the time now, with a 5900x and 3080 card. this is ridiculous, and how "¤ %%! how to complete S24 journey and this grind achive when you die all the time ?! Note that only play HC

fix this blizz omfg it have been years of this ¤%"#.

Have same problem since new Patch. Freeze game for 10-20 sec! this is definitely problem with game or server.

Use one of the mentioned workarounds.

Well, I try to take HoTs file instead and the game works flawlessly, sad that this is not fixed…

Annoying that you have to do it every time you start the game, even when automatic updating is turned off

You could use the .bat file or the powershell script.

Do we have to perform all of these fixes?

I tried the .bat file fix and I still got 2 freezes in just a 70 GR.

No only one of them.
Is your game located at the same folder as in the script. If not, you have to adjust the path in the script.
Same applies to the second fmode file.

Is the sound off if you start the game with the script?

You can take a look at your D3Debug.txt and check If your freezes are related to the fmode.

FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms

1 Like

I was able to get the .bat file to properly load and disable fmodx64 but I’m not the greatest at finding erros in the text files. I’ll comb through.

My big issue with Diablo 3 as of the last month is just rubberbanding, delayed skills going off, animation, it feels like everything is delayed by a few seconds. Then when I get into big fights, the game will freeze and I’ll come back dead.

They don’t have the staff to fix such an error since all of the original programmers went elsewhere…at least you can log in…I have submitted 2 tickets wich were forced closed and treated like a 16 year old handling food at chillis. Unless you can get the masses to post about the same issue they won’t pull out their wallet. My account is 7 years invested and not a top priority in their eyes. Maybe If I was 2000 paragon forever Rhyyker it would be at the top of the list to be fixed…395002 on 3 different computers