4th Difficulty needed

I say we have only 2 difficulties.

1. Get rid of nightmare
  2. Increase hell difficulty

you kniow, i been playing this game a LONG time.
always thought that another difficulty would be nice.
i dont remeber that diff monster levels and mods…
but it would be nice to have something more difficult…
because at some point… even the hell bosses become wussies… smack smack boom crunch, done…

So YES, i think that would be nice to have, another option for difficulty.
though i had a stroke, and that makes it much harder for me…
but it would be nice to have even more to struggle through.

and YES… you play the game for DROPS…
that is what the game is all about…
not all god gear… just another 50% mf would be nice
have monsters you HAVE to take a team to.
if you split up. you are dead… stick together… you MIOGHT make it.

put it on the To-Do-List…

Like the rest of the posts here said, stop playing in practice mode and play Hardcore.

You’ll learn to be incredibly cautious, and just skip some areas and/or monsters completely.
For example, without the correct PD gear, you’ll never do Pindle/Nili if the map spawns vipers.

This word “need” that people keep misusing. Can we stop that please?

1 Like

True, “wanted” is a far better term. But, a new difficulty level that offered almost no “tangible” benefits besides the challenge? For a lot of 90-something level characters, that might be kinda intriguing. Especially since ladder has been gutted.

Hmmm… :wink:

Except a game that you clear at 2/3 the level cap does need to be harder…I mean the end game is grinding for gear…when the gear you had 35 levels ago was good enough to beat everything…you are literally grinding better gear for years so you can…oh yeah you could already do everything the 1st weekend.

Why stop at one more? We could add 16, maybe name them Torment I - XVI.

There is a 4th difficulty, it’s called hardcore.

i like the idea but without better drop chance , maybe more exp ,thats all

thats exactly why d3 failed, no. its called power creep

Like most failures, D3’s had many problems that caused its “failure,” albeit a failure that sold 30 million copies. Most game devs can only dream of having a failure like D3.

OTOH, playing ladder exclusive in my D2 time, you’d really reach a point of having several characters in the low level 90’s, but the choice of grinding out another level or two was less appealing than starting a new character who was filthy rich when born.

A 4th difficulty level could mean you get those 90+ characters a bit further in development. Especially if the player XP gain was small enough, the drop rates also small, and the death penalty much higher. There would still be incentive to play the level, but the slower movement in the game, as monsters have 50% more HP/dmg, would mean you’d make a lot more money in Hell, but perhaps a bit more XP in Uber Hell.

Only the true believers would show up to this new level.