3 requests regarding D4

Hi,

I’ve been a fan of D2 since its beginnings. To be honest, it’s the game I’ve enjoyed the most throughout my life. D3 was a disappointment especially when I think about the fact I spent 120$ on it. With the exciting news of D4 in the making, i can barely hold it together. The game looks GOOD. Here’s a few somewhat juvenile requests I present you guys :

• PURCHASE PRICE : The economy of video games today is very different from back in the days. 60$ Canadian for a game is quite expensive. Why not make it 10-20$ and get more money from skins and such? Like give a few more hair style and tattoos patterns to people ready to pay more for it, or give more skins for weapons or other stuff like wings etc. Expansions should be like 1-5$ to buy so it’s really cheap, people will pay it gladly and feel like they get a lot for their money.
  • DEVELOPMENT UPDATES : I know you want to share with us when you feel like you have enough content to do so, but again today, you know how we are… We all want the tiny details asap. So instead of giving quarterly reports, why not make it a weekly tiny report that will keep the hype around the game and that will satisfy our cravings.
  • DEMO ACCESSIBILITY : I know I’m a nobody but to me the Diablo series (especially D2) has been a somewhat meaningful part of my life. In this way, it’s kind of frustrating not to have access to the betas like ever. There might be good reasons for this but why not make the Beta available offline for everybody? We could play the demo while we wait for the game to be released. The Diablo games are important to us but only the “elite players” or the more dedicated people(?), get to have this privilege and only for a limited amount of time. Why not gratify every single member of your community by making him/her feel part of it (the community, I.e.: include us all), and grant access to the alpha, beta, and other versions? You can even combine that with a quick beta completion survey and ask questions to the whole community which would give you informations upon which to base your decisions.

Anyway, that’s it. I know I’m being demanding but take it as a compliment, I’m looking forward for D4.

Thanks a lot

Adjusted for inflation, video games themselves are quite… cheap. The profit margin at the AAA scale, all going well, entirely mitigates this, but game devs aren’t a class of their own exempt from inflation. The economy overall is different. We all get buggered for it. Rather than ‘heyy, can you cheapen it’, be greateful they aren’t trying to skim more money and hope the full price isn’t accompanied by aggressive monetization.

I believe in the old idea that you buy a game, you get the game, you can earn everything in the game. On that grounds what you say is economically infeasible. If it’s worth being called Diablo, it’s likely worth full price to most, and a discount to me. Juvenile indeed, I’m afraid. Basic economics make your proposal silly naivety.

Keeping up with the quarters and making them substantive would probably do more to provide lingering hype than keeping it all in mind by adding bits and pieces of live development when things go back and forth anyways, making those updates too detailed for their comfort.

• They probably don’t want it to be offline.
  • “It’s done when it’s done.” The old maxim isn’t as strong as it used to be over there, but I want to say D4 is appearing as their opportunity to not just get Diablo right, but their entire attitude across their franchises. They need to gain face. That’s gonna happen when they release a game, not piecemeal.
  • “Elite players”? Who are these people.
  • Don’t get me wrong, they ought to expose themselves to more feedback. But a flood from literally everyone ain’t the way to do it. Fewer competent people providing good feedback is much nicer to parse than every individual who has two unique things between them, a bum and an opinion.
    They will or they won’t on this, and there’s logic either way. Their sending out beta invites would indicate they have a plan and that it has very low chance of changing now.
1 Like