3 item switch configurations please

My amazon has recently constructed a devastating matriarchal spear. But, she’s designed as a bow/arrow and javelin/shield hybrid. There’s a hotkey to switch between her two main configurations. I was thinking it would be nice to have a third configuration slot so the heavy damage two-hander could be easily employed.

The W key could be used to cycle through all three settings. Perhaps shift+w could reverse the cycling direction. If the amazon prefers to stay with two configurations, she could leave the third tab empty and the W key would only cycle through the two configurations that have items.

This could work for other classes as well. Consider the barbarian with two weapons, a single two-hander, and a weapon/shield. A sorceress could have gear strengthening each of the spheres of fire, cold, and lightning. A paladin could have weapon/shield, low damage weapon for conversion and shield, and a ranged weapon - possibly a spear/shield set up.

1 Like

I would love a weapon switch for classic…

if you use three ways to play you will have massive problems in hell (even in nightmare) because of the lack of skillpoints you can put into the required Skills to make them work. (mostly, of course not for the sorceres or the necro as example)
You never can afford as much points as you need for your amazon to clean out hell with a bow (and skills) and the spears or javalins with skills. They barely are anough for one good Skill-Build.
Better make two Amazons. One for the bow and one for the Javalin or/and Spear. <3
Thats the way to play Diablo 2 :slight_smile:
besides that it is a balance thing with the space. not a big one of course.
this will not happen m8t ^^

did we have just one weapon slot in classic ? O.oit has been such a long time. cant remember.