2nd Primal doesnt always drop

Double Primals dont always drop. It happened a couple of times now with bounty chests which they sometimes double drops and sometimes they dont my crafted ones only give me 1 and it also happened in GR. Pretty sure it’s not just me

Search the forums before posting. Already answered a multitude of times.

6 Likes

This is NOT a bug.

Loot drop bonuses DO NOT apply to BOUNTY CACHES (Large Horadric Chests). Bounty Caches have FIXED loot. They DO NOT drop the double Primal items by way of the Altar of Rites Warning Seal (Final Seal).

If you got more the one Primal item from double Bounty Caches (Bountiful Seal), it was purely coincidental. You may have:

  1. Received one Bounty-specific Primal item from each of the two Chests.
  2. Received two Bounty-specific Primal items from one of the Chests. (On T7 or higher).
  3. Received one Bounty-specific Primal item and one random Primal item from either of the two Chests.
2 Likes

Correct.
The double drops do not apply to:
Bounty Caches
Crafted Items
Upgraded rares in the cube
Reforged legendaries in the cube

You will get them with:
regular loot drops from killing monsters
RG loot
Kadala

Correct. It happens to everyone. It is the way they designed it, so it is not a bug but a feature.

4 Likes

I experienced this bug recently. I read the description in the rites and I quote it: “When a primal item drops, a second primal random item drops as well”. It doesn’t say anything about caches, rifts or mimi-mimis. It’s crystal clear to me: you find one primal, you get a second one. No dudus.

I think Blizzard lost their cool when they did the primal item thing. It’s a pity: the last aspect of the game actually turns it completely boring. Hundreds of hours for a single piece of equipment (that it turns out to do not much except for superaffixes). And that thing where you can equip only one crafted from the last cube’s recipe. Talk about hate to the player, OMG.

It’s crystal clear that you don’t understand what Alexismad, Perusoe and others have explained. Yes, the descriptions from Blizzard aren’t always super detailed and completely clear. But it’s not a bug. It’s working as intended.

3 Likes

This just happened…

Crafting Aughild’s shoulders. First two batches of ten and then one batch of five. I already have ancient shoulders with 8% resource cost reduction but “only” 12% AD (having 105 AD in all with this setup. The second one dropped with Vit, res cost reduction, AD and Black Hole damage, which is rolled to Int. Not too bad :slightly_smiling_face:
(I’ll put in on when I have upgraded a whisper to 135… not that a 135 augment does a lot more damage than a 125 but still).

Later edit: I should have clarified above that the first two batches of ten Aughild’s were all salvaged and that the screenshot was exactly what showed up in my inventory when the crafting of the five came through. Back to back primals as said by Alexismad.

2 Likes

Ya, I have been using my enormous non-season resource pile to roll correctly rolled Primal Captains pieces during seasonal downtime. Have the belt and pants done for all 3 main stat. Working on boots, so I have that option instead of pants.

1 Like

I was so surprised by the “double” drop that when after looking at the first with two useless affixes and then seeing that the second had vitality as first primary affix I thought “darn that’s useless too”… it wasn’t until a later look that I discovered that it was perfect. Luckily I never salvage primals immediately but always put them in the stash first.

Another proof of my slow thinking is that my first thought was that “maybe crafted item can fall in the double category” - but then I would have gotten six shoulders when crafting five. I also remember players having had double primal drops from Kadala on rare occasions even before the Altar was introduced.

Holy :poop:!!! I now get what you are saying. You didn’t get a double drop, you got 2 crafted Primal in a row lol. I assume that is when you crafted the last 5 as that is what is in your inventory. 1/400 back to back is 1/160,000. Time for you to go buy a lottery ticket.

2 Likes

Maybe. Maybe not :smile: In the first GR run with the primal shoulder, now augmented, I got a (double) primal drop from the rift guardian. Two weapons, one of them a Grand Vizier! Alas apart from the damage range and intelligence it had 10% elite damage and 10% CDR… so not ideal. Can’t complain of course.

2 Likes