2.7.4 Akkhan Rework

Can you keep me updated? For i’ll be working still when PTR drops, probably. Thx!:kissing_heart:

Then ist the Akkhan-Set rework useless. Akkhan needs a damageboost from 2000% to 4000%+ or LoD is always stronger.

I don’t think Akkhan will have a power issue based on how I am interpreting the set. Which I am making a few assumptions at the moment, so we’ll see.

But if Avatars are indeed causing Judged enemies to trigger Condemn explosions, and those explosions are buffed by BOP/FW/A6 - there won’t be a question that Akkhan does more damage than LoD imo.

You’ll have several, if not more, Avatars causing these explosions, which add massive area damage potentially, and even good single target damage compared to original Condemn builds.

I think the only thing that might hold it back is if there is an ICD on Condemned enemies causing the explosions. That could potentially destroy the build, or at least make it very weak, depending on the ICD.

2 Likes

Or if the condemn procs dont have AD.

1 Like

So how is it? Does it work as expected? Is it any good? I’m still working I can’t play. :disappointed:

1 Like

I only took it into a rift, it felt slow. The A6 set bonus says 1500% too.

Whaaaat??? WTF? That wasn’t in the patch notes.:open_mouth:

A regular rift, like a T16 rift?

If it felt slow in a regular rift, even T16, that’s not good.

Reducing A6 to 1,500% is not ideal… but you’d still think it would wreck that difficulty.

4 Bowmen by themselves should be triggering as many condemns as a single Crusader with BoP’s legendary power give or take.

Makes me think the Condemn explosions aren’t being buffed somewhere.

Guess I’ll find out for myself in a couple of hours.

Condemn just isn’t doing enough damage. The gameplay is fun, if feeling a little like D2 necro, but even with 8 avatars, it still took me a couple minutes to grind through a GR100 guardian. Baleful Remnant doesn’t seem to be the way to go either. Switching out stone gauntlets for tasker and theo both didn’t feel like it was providing that much more damage, and also lowered defense tremendously.

I was leaning towards Unrelenting Phalanx myself for 2x the Archers.

I am going to assume the Avatars’ Condemn damage is missing a buff or multiple buffs from the various items.

May be BoP and Fayrader buff is not applied?

It does seem like the buffs are all applying actually.

I don’t have a fully decked out Condemn Sader anymore, but just using the same gear in LIVE vs PTR - LIVE’s damage was only slightly higher. The Condemns that is. And I’m guessing that’s due to 2,000% vs. 1,500% on A6 more than anything else.

I’m pretty sure Live is bugged. And the text change on PTR is the fix.

Perhaps the difference that you noticed is because of the Pet Damage bonuses you have equipped - though the pet gem doesn’t do anything for Condemn.

No… I wasn’t using pet damage bonuses when testing that part…

I was looking specifically at the Condemn damage.

Went from ~45b damage per Condemn cast in LIVE to about ~36b damage per Condemn cast in PTR.

• 1,500 is 75% of 2,000
  • 36 is 80% of 45

The numbers line up too closely to be a coincidence. They’re probably 75% on the dot in actuality, but I’m guesstimating based on numbers I see the most.

And Akkhan isn’t bugged in LIVE, it’s just an unannounced change in the PTR. Sadly it happens more often than it should.