2.7.1 PTR notes are up

Nothing specifically for Barbs.

DIABLO III PTR 2.7.1 | Preview Blog - Diablo III (diablo3.com)

2 Likes

Wow, that’s bare bones.

Kudos for Monks if they’re revamped set is strong, but the rest of it looks :face_vomiting:

I mean, a Season Theme that lets you find cool items that vanish at the end of the Season? Can’t wait to see the backlash on that one lol

3 Likes

So if you want the lasting ethereal transmogs, you have to play all…7…classes…

Only balance changes are nerfs to AoV and MotBC, rework of Inna’s. Surprised they’re letting firebird stay as-is. Also surprised they didn’t touch poor WD’s.

Basically it all hinges on if Ethereals are awesome or not.

2 Likes

Yeah. And poor DH, which is even worse off.

FACTS-DH is most popular class and has the lowest rank 1 clear of any class in the world. Not sure how that is ok…

3 Likes

The current approach to “balance” on the part of the devs amounts to shrugging at a wall, in the dark, at home.

3 Likes

Some really nice buffs to barbs and their items.
List

4 Likes

Yeah but I’m sure the new season items will be awesome… if a build has space for it :roll_eyes:

I think the poor Dev is outta his/her league.

2 Likes

Ethereals could be gonzo amazing. Imagine getting a 7800 dps blade of the tribes with a 50% damage bonus, a good barb passive and some wacky affix.

OR… which is more likely, some cringe worthy combo of trash.

The joy of RNG.

2 Likes

Sup fellas! Good to see couple familiar faces still around -_-

6 Likes

Barbs basically got stronger just from blizz nerfing nerco/sader.

3 Likes

Hey S4v! How you doing? Thinking about coming back for a bit or just popping by to say hi?

1 Like

Ha ha nah by now I’m just a stranger passing by :slight_smile: it’s been like 3 years or so since I’ve actually played, whole year before the “you guys don’t have phones” fiasco I was putting in maybe an hour a week, and after that memorable Blizzcon I went away.

I logged in couple weeks ago just to see if my is account still active, opened a rift and was - sadly - bored before I finished. I really lack inspiration to play D3. Not saying I will never play D3 again, is just hard to do so ever since I got hooked on that other game we don’t talk about around here.

Glad to see you and few others still around, super happy for those of you who still find Diablo 3 fun after all these years. I see you even passed me on paragon, I remember you with sub 2000 :slight_smile: Free on the other hand still slacking, his digits did not move an inch -_-

Really happy to see you around, this forum needs a “number guy” on duty, regardless of times.

Also, Leap is F+R+CoE, BoM is for them weaklings -_-

1 Like

Yep, I’m still here! And for whatever reason, I never seem to get tired of this game, at least not for very long, or at least not yet.

The paragon does keep going up! Albeit very slowly…

I dunno man, you’re pretty weak when you take CoE, then spend half your time running for your life and the other half being dead! :wink:

Glad you’re still enjoying it! You ever see anybody from the old days on this side, over on that side? I remember that Nubtro kind of was headed that way, haven’t seen him for quite a while now.

1 Like

Nubtro plays pretty much every league there, we are on different time zones (he is in EU I’m on East Coast) but we do chat here and there. He is one of very few people I know that got a Headhunter as natural drop, in Delirium league. He stayed a true Barb, theorycrafts and plays very Barbaric builds, slams, spins so on and so forth.

Siladil was off for good while (during COVID) but I see him back now, he doesn’t seem to be playing much though, pre-COVID he played way more. Mostly witch builds.

King Benjamin was the one that was telling me good things about that other game and asking me to give it a try seems MIA, I know he got more into stocks etc, that might have turned out to be a better hobby :slight_smile:

Damian aka Dmoney plays on and off, you might not even know this guy, he is from before your times. Very famous for harsh but on-point posts, constant conflict with MVP MissCheetah (dunno if she is still around, last time I seen her was in my “goodbye” thread on old forums, where she thanked me for years of forum work), Damian had to get a new account because of her.

Samir - he is an OG OG Barb - still plays, he was one of the first ones that gave that other game a fair trial (we talking circa 2015 when D3 had 100x the population) he fully switched around 2017, he is still playing, we bumped on each other on Reddit recently (out of all places).

Yeah, there is prolly more of them I don’t know of, we might never got in touch there as forums there are way less social than here.

(@It_That_Whispers if anyone wants to HMU in game)

3 Likes

Reading the names of all these OG takes me back. I look forward to a reunion of sort when D4 releases. That has a bigger draw for me than the actual game. :laughing:

1 Like

Nice hearing that a lot of the old names are still present over thataway! I wish all you guys all the best.

2 Likes

Bro, I know, but then I’d have to play the game, and who wants to bore himself that badly?

:rofl:

3 Likes

Yep, I hear ya loud and clear, I have a very nostalgic feelings about D3. A lot of special moments both in game and on forums. We’ll see who will show up for D4. Fully expecting closed beta invite -_-

Likewise, pretty heartwarming to jump here out of random and see so many familiar faces. Kind of miss the old forum endgame -_-

Haha you didn’t play much even when I was still active, and tbh I don’t blame you at all. I did the whole journey, from being a total noob, to take high spots in season and non season solo and groups, on like 5 classes. And after that there was very little left on the plate, looking at the Ptr notes now it doesn’t look like there is much of a change. But, I might get in game a bit, I want my son to play D3 a bit before he will be ready for some other games (can’t stand that nonsense he does in Roblox)

2 Likes

I still think WDs are worse off because DH at least gets a spot in meta due to zdps. WD just gets shunned throughout the entire game. I join games as a WD and people actually leave and the parties disband in full and I’m often left alone.