2.7.0: Adjusted teleport animation speed

Ah thanks! I mixed up the mechanics of archon v non archon in remembering. Edited my comment.

I made a bug report for the third teleport bug: Bug with the updated teleport animation: you get an extra teleport you shouldn't with a certain item/rune combination

2 Likes

Great find - this is really fun - wish there was a way to take more advantage in builds.

Enjoy it this season I guess since you reported it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Enjoying something this season… for me that’s quite the tall order. My current playtime is below 35h. I stopped with 600 paragon and Guardian unlocked. There is no real incentive to do anything else. Normally I would just delete my seasonal char and wait for S24, but I guess I’ll let it rot a while. There might be some bonus/buff coming :rofl:

Well I can understand but at least we had some fun with PTR and theorycrafting for a while.

And they even did that rare reverse-nerf for FB since we rioted :yum:

1 Like

From my experience Wormhole itself misbehaves a little now. The speed is really nice, but at times it acts so fast, that it causes issues. Don’t know how to describe it properly… it just so happens that both Wormhole teleports will be executed by a single button press if you hold the key even a tad too long. Now, that’s a minor issue if you have either Aetherwalker or FB4 in place (well, with Aetherwalker it drains your AP faster) but if you don’t use one of those or rely on Illusionist this can be rather annoying.

Yep. I’ve been noticing that too. I think that’s just a side effect of the faster animation.

I’ve seen the exact same thing with Archon Teleport in the past at high IAS (so Vyr’s with high stack counts) when using Cosmic Strand.

Although I think it’s a little worse now than it used to be. But it definitely used to happen before to Archon Teleport with Cosmic Strand, and now it’s happening with regular Teleport + Wormhole too. Probably because they sped up the animation.

Out of curiosity are you and Lexa running cherry mx black keys? I’m running clears and don’t really have this issue as much, even with the faster animation.

Granted, I’ve been preferring the double jump with holding down the teleport button for builds like FB for TXVI anyways.

It can be an issue if lag hits me though. No different than Vyr+Cosmic was in past seasons though. I tried cosmic with Vyr this season and it felt weird with the early season latency. I’ll have to try it again.

Side benefit to the Vyr AW setup is we can stack Chantodo faster with teleport casts. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nah, I have a Logitech keyboard (G513). Romer-G linear.

Might be latency related though, I get ~90 ms to the west coast servers (I can get 40-50 ms if I happen to get an east coast server game, but that’s hit or miss and the west coast servers seem to be what I get most of the time).

1 Like

The Wormhole one working with Aether when you’re out of arcane power is kinda busted.

If you’re talking about that EU A1 Halls corner skip - he had Crimson’s on as well as Astral Presence passive. He admitted he forget to change the passive so his regen was higher than they thought and the 2nd teleport was the reason it looked free anyway.

You can easily test this - just go to Act 1 fence behind the obelisk. Put your cursor in the middle of the AP bulb, which should overlay the woods, so you can watch the AP numbers. Equip AW and set the TP rune to WH and hold down the teleport key or numlock it. When AP drains all the way, you’ll see it tick up 4 or 5 times through 20’ish and TP then another TP when it’s halfway up again. It just looks like there’s no delay because of the 2nd TP.

Then do the same thing with SP rune and it will seem like a much longer delay but it’s really not - it’s just the 2nd TP of WH makes WH seem like it’s faster. Anything over 30% AP regen and 10 AP/s for WH is perma-TP but it’s the 2nd TP that allows the time for the regen for the next full TP.

1 Like

Vyr/Archon-Teleport seems to be broken too. Did anyone experience the same?

I just saw the arcane globe empty and him teleporting nonstop across the whole map back and forth the whole time but this makes sense now. Must’ve been some arcane in there just hard to see. Thx dude.

Yea, same here.
Someone had reported this about a week ago and got no words from DEV as of yet.

Okay now I see the double jumps. I’ve put together my VyrChant quick speed GR build (with AW)… I have calamity equipped but it acts like wormhole on occasion at high APS when holding down teleport, not every cast, but at least once per 2m.