2.6.8 PTR wizard changes - thoughts?

Two wizards have already cleared 145 with LoD. There is also a 135 clear with Hydra set in 7 min (6k paragon). Toughness is likely what will hold that build back as the dmg is insane.

With that being said, I’m playing around with it a little bit with suboptimal gear and I can’t honestly understand how this set made it past the drawing board. A very mechanically annoying set.

1 Like

I don’t see how the LoD Hydra is that good. The new multipliers give 25grifts worth of a damage increase so that means it should have at least cleared a 120 easily before, but I don’t remember ever seeing that

150 already cleared xD. Are you taking into account the various legendaries that can be slotted in to fit this build perfectly?

Yes, basically you can already run this build on live with LoD. The only new multipliers we got were damage increases to serpents and magistrate. It was tested on live before and didn’t get close to a 125 so I’m guessing something is majorly bugged

Which Hydra are they using?

One is using Frost (the 150 clear) and the other is using Mamoth (145 clear).

I’m sure there is a bug with LoD. With the same old build (without hydra), my top was GR117 in 13 min, and i made a GR120 in 8 min in PTR, at first try…

With the two damage multipliers on Magistrate + Serpent Sparker your build should damagewise do about 22-23 Greater Rift levels better.

It’s definitely not an issue with just LoD. Even the Hydra 6set does crazy dmg. Though defensively it’s horrible and probably why you don’t see it up as high.

Video of the GR150 clear on PTR 2.6.8 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWKRTMC19b8

Arcane Hydra, as written, should work with Unstabe Scepter.

Change my mind!

That means Magistrate is getting nerfed. Prob down to 300%. The 6 set is predictably bad, and the 2 piece basically irrelevant. It was pretty apparent LoD was going to be superior.

1 Like

Maybe the Sigil + Deathwish changes didn’t take properly and those buffs are being applied twice multiplicatively?

My napkin math says there’s no way it should be doing that much damage. Something is bugged.

EDIT: That might be the case?

Although SVR specifically references Arcane Torrent double-dipping, not hydras. Shrugs.

4 Likes

Just got in and picked up the new set… The set’s visual appearance looks like it belongs to the WD’s. The Green and tree limb motif, with the WoW flimsy halloween mask just doesn’t fit with the 4 elements and venom hydra was removed back in vanilla. It looks like it belongs to the WD’s as an alternative Arachy set graphic. We need sexy ice-blue motif (frost).

1 Like

Gotta admit I was hoping for the appearance to be similar to the demon hunter’s shadow set, but more serpentine-like.

1 Like

Right-on Obliv. The DH Shadow set is slick and has that snake-skin motif going on.

…And… of course the new set doesn’t function with Mammoth Hydra.
:angry:

I’m not sure we are getting any benefit from the 4p bonus or they have the toughness calculation out of whack?

• 19.4mill toughness with double unity in play. If I un-equip my unity (leave the follower’s unity equipped) it only goes down to 19.1mill toughness. Casting 2x arcane hydras (10 heads) has no effect on the toughness value in the inventory view.
  • If I un-equip 1 of the set items and then select RoRG in the cube the toughness value does not change in the inventory view.

Thought I’d link / share: Created a focused feedback for Typhon’s Veil and Hydra related items and builds.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/12175

Also a rough mechanics list below. A good start for anyone wanting to put together a build on the PTR.

Note the shielding issue is likely to be fixed, as well as the Channeling bug.

3 Likes

So is the legacy gem going to get this one nerfed or not :confused:

No, Deathwish and etched sigil are bugged and giving more damage than should

1 Like

I just hope that LoD channeling Hydra survives in some fashion. I don’t want to be able to do 150’s, but I think the playstyle looks sweet and I want it to be semi-competitive.

well considering how everyone on console is running the Tempest Rush POJ set and doing 130’s is my main reason. console doesnt loose Tempest Rush stacks like the PC did (not sure if they fixed this).