2.6.8 PTR wizard changes - thoughts?

Dude. Do you play the class? None of those combos would work. They all have opposing mechanics. Vyr doesn’t benefit from channeling spells or Hydras, and Archon requires the 6 piece set.

Honestly, we really don't get much this patch. I mean, a new set is awesome, Vyr for 4 seasons SUCKS, but I think I'd rather have significant tweaks on existing items. More variety!
1 Like

Reverse archon builds… with cube unleashed.

I can’t think of a single viable reverse archon build. Can you? I’d be more excited about Unstable, Trimumvirate, Aetherwalker, Furnace Shenanigans. Speed builds this season will be super fun.

We could even run LoD Triumvirate, Deathwish, Unstable, Etched builds now. THAT’s where it’s probably at.

Okay, but how is Bazooka even broken if wizards are right where they should be? I may be misremembering Rhykker going over the numbers but it sounded like wiz was fine. Blizzard balance logic makes me squeamish. I thought it was just a WoW issue lol…

Looked at the data again. And yeah this doesn’t make sense. Sure wizards seems strong hitting 130 GRs without 5k paragon in season, BUT the non season data is proof that without seasonal buffs, wizard is exactly where it should be, and they said that they don’t want to balance around seasonal buffs. The data + the ptr changes say otherwise. I need to just get the will to write my own game. I’m sick if dealing with balance teams. Game after game just forks over my favorite classes.

1 Like

I agree that we need significant improvements to multiple items and at a minimum Firebird set (I would love DMO improvements as well). We are getting full shaft/no lube (all Wiz channeling builds are neutered). The strongest (awkward by my tastes) meteor build is getting disabled.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has realized how powerful a LON channeling build spamming frozen orb endlessly with full multipliers is going to be. That’s where your head should be at. But the stupid Deathwish nerf might kill it.

LoN/LoD FO channeling with the nerfs to MoC, DW, Sigil? Stuck in place for 1 sec before all 3 of those are enabled?

1 Like

With cube unleashed next season that might be enough to fill the gaps of Firebird + Crimson. I don’t know if cube would be enough to make FB viable in any configuration. However, even if viable would it be fun at all. I don’t run Bazooka because I didn’t find it fun even though it was the highest damage meteor setup.

Seems like new set will be GG for high end groups and not great solo, which would be an okay trade off since Vyr’s is really good solo and not that great for high push groups.

Idk though, seems like with duration fall off and running ahead in the rift it will be hard enough to keep hydra going, why do we also need them to die by taking damage? A mechanic never seen in the game? Very strange.

I’m envisioning that penalty to be taken off, why should you ever have penalties like that on 6pcs for one specific skill? Seems awfully limiting.

You forget 2p bonus. This new set increases damage by 16,667%, not 10,000%. And 10 heads casting Frost Nova too, imagine the cc.

That's not the case. 2p says nothing about increasing damage. Just the amount of heads for the 4p and 6p

Edit: Correction, I was wrong

Each head deals separate damage, like how it always works. More head means more damage. In this case, another 2/3 increase in total. I assume you haven’t touch Hydra skill for so long you forget how it works.

1 Like

keikakujin is correct, this is an entirely new mechanic here increasing the heads is another base multiplier because each head deals more damage. Pretty cool way to do it instead of just boring flat damage %'s on things, more of this please Blizzard! I can’t wait to see how that looks graphically lol. 5 heads bb!

Will ES/DW/mantle of channeling be needed with the new set? If so, that could negatively affect the build, given a possible 1-second delay to channeling.

66%! The problem is the inconsistent nature, can we keep the buff maxed? Can we facetank while Hydras kill stuff?

1 Like

Yah I can’t see any good coming out of that, really that just lowers its solo potential. But again, we already have a great face tank solo set in Vyr’s so maybe this is a good balance out?

We’ll definitely have to see how it plays out. Idk though, can’t Vyr’s easily hit those numbers? Then all that attack speed definitely benefits hydra more than 66%? With seasonal theme I’d think Vyr’s would probably just own this set. You double duration of hydra, you don’t have to worry about recasting in archon form, nor do you have to worry about hydra heads dying?

Probably needs to be 1500% per then, we’ll see.

1 Like

please replace hydra with mirror image and increase % damage .Add a few legendaries to support the set then it will be great

1 Like

please add diamond skin to set as well

please increase % damage on Etched Sigil ,Deathwish to conpensate for the delay or else other sets will weaken

I see that now. My next question then. Do arcane hydras proc Area Damage?