2.6.8 ptr so unfair for necros

Sorry to disturb, but as a CN player I can’t find a way to post or reply in General Discussion and I really need somewhere to vent my frustration. This is my first post and probably my last one.
If my memory serves me right, in the latest balance blog post I remember necro and DH are crazily underperforming, way behind other classes, by every metric, according to their OWN data.
This is not about ‘stop complaining and see how long those barbs have endured’
This is not about ‘easy fix comes first and we got 3 super smashing new sets so what are you whining about?’
This is about making a big deal about the balance like they really cared, and still bumping into the very same rock like nothing is there.
If they really think it ain’t right for barbs to wait that long, then why let the same thing happen again on necro and DH?
I know balancing can be complicated, but it is not rocket science either, it is not ‘new set or nothing’ binary choice, a new item that buffs certain skills should do. But they didn’t bother.
I’m done with this game. Someone please ban me before I start spouting words.

4 Likes

The plan for 2.6.8 was probably set in motion before the data was fully analyzed, so the DH and Necro were probably last on the block to receive attention. Barbs waited a lot longer than Necros for significant buffs.

As far as season 20 goes, Necros have a very good shot at being the trash clearer for 4-man GR meta with the nerf to bazooka wizard. You can have Shadowhook, Nayr’s, Scythe of the Cycle and Bloodtide all incorporated into a poison nova build. Plus it can have Haunted Visions for extra casts of Nova from the Simulacrum(s).

3 Likes

you did forget about the insane weapons necro have? they can stack 3/4 weapons… its getting the most out of the seasonal theme…

That leaves us with long forgotten DH. I know barbs cry alot. When have we played DH in a meta group i donot recall. Maybe 10 seasons ago. Barbs were in the party forever. They didnot actualy need that big buffs. They have the ignore pain and ancient spear no1 can compete with these. DH has been literally ignored forever. Barb had no right to het that whirlwind they had no right to get new set. I know when the patch comes DH will still not be in the party. I feel like blizzard is picking classes and just ignoring some classes.

For christ sake 2 years ago a trash killer and a tank DH was introduced in WoW. why cant you go parallel with that. Nevalistis and devs must play DH more often and not just for bounties for high gr pushing.

someone will revive necro… just wait and see… maybe a wizard would… or not.

The main issue for necromancer’s balance is that virtually all secondary base skills and runes do laughable damage. So you may ask, How does even get high rift clears with such laughable skills? A legendary scythe that boosts ALL your damage when you apply curses nearly doubles and triples damage everything. Without the item, your like half a class that would have trouble clearing hardcore expert. With it, you can start to actually compete on torments somewhat 1-16 and rifts. That’s basically why average clear is pretty low because the other primary’s are noob traps. When you get to sets, you can make some of laughable damage skills like 100% bone armor into 1000% spell and you can build summoner, corpses builds etc. that have spell and kit synergy.

In my opinion, They need improve most of secondary skill runes for necromancer and maybe even buff damage. They need buff golem and its corresponding runes, invent set for golem and do same for Simulacrum. It would also be nice to look at the mastery because most of them for necromancer are either defense or somewhat random bonuses that make little difference in gameplay. you can just compare wizard’s vast choices and necromancer’s very small set of viable ones.

1 Like

Last time I checked a Necro cleared 150 in season 19 using the seasonal theme…

I think they are going to be alright in season 20 as well…

Bone spear 2-3 2handers in the cube?!

You can’t tell me that a Nayr’s, Pest, Scythe of the Cycle, spike, krysbin, coe combo using Bone Spear isn’t gonna do some clearing…

Or sub spike for blood tide and create and switch Pest for a LoD set up and get a pretty devastating trash clearer…

On top of trag or SoC in the hand?!

Up to a 5 ring combinations?!

4 amulet combos?

Sets and LoD builds that can mix and match any of those combos?!

Necro is gonna be super strong in groups and solo in season 20

And in 3 months in season we will get a new set with a fear aspect…

I understand what you say about 150 clear. But that’s not the average. Their own data shows gr 120 less as the average. Still. No love for the necro. I admire your positive attitude, but it doesn’t change the fact that they aren’t an example of competence hehe

What? Necros are ABSOLUTE GODS with the new season, just wait a little while longer and then enjoy being the most powerful trash killer AND rgk for 4 man meta, as well as LoD ratruns being completely insane.

I’ll be making at least 1 or 2 necros this season, and prob either monk or barb for support/solo farming.

Dominating the xp meta, and if no buffs are made to WD or Wiz, also dominating 2 meta spots for GR push seems like adequate compensation for being weaker solo, yes? :man_shrugging:

Yeah… ppl r optimistic… but I get what you’re saying. It isn’t just about being powerful. It’s about diversity and reliability. I agree with you. They say non seasonal data will be the one used for balancing and do nothing. Then ppl praise the season theme, which doesn’t help if you’re not playing season.
But it’s always been like that. Just be patient and wait for the insane buff for necro whenever they decide to go for it