[2.6.10 PTR] Wizard Feedback

Might work for Tal Rasha as well since the set has room for it, even without the cube or RoRG. Admittedly, the usefulness strongly depends on whether and how they buff or change that set in the future.

The following bubble should be part of Delsere set. Imo it’s a bad idea to set this power in a helm that offers so little.

1 Like

This is the #1 main problem with the change. If a top build comes out that requires this legacy item then newer players literally can’t compete because an item they need is unavailable for them.

IF Blizzard doesn’t listen to reason and keeps the change to Etched Sigil then all previous ones need to change with it. Yes this sucks big time and it isn’t fair any way you cut it, but changing the old version is the only way to keep literal balance between those that currently don’t have the item and those that have a good one already.

My humble opinion:
1- changing the channeling orb into only cast energy twister just killd tal rasha and damaged vir build ( firebird already dead so… )
2- arcane orb need a solid damage mutiplier to be effective…
3-Are we going back to that lame build of energy twister to cast twister against the walls and use bugs to deal damage? really? again?
4- the hidra set NEED more damage, it improved but still far from the other classes, and some kind of mobility buff on the set would not harm at all, like everytime a hidra head dies you get teleport cooldown reset or gain move speed based on active hidra heads, something to catch the other classes during the gr’s.

I think the #1 problem with the change to ES was how BAD that change it. It’s not even useable now. It’s gone from the only decent Wiz source to…ET; pass.

3 Likes

Hm… Etched Sigil becoming a Twister item rubs me wrong, but if they are dead set on killing off Etched Sigil and make it Channel + ET, then, what if ETched Sigil does something like this:

While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate and Ray of Frost, you summon three Energy Twisters every second and the Twisters spin around you, hunting down targets and gaining momentum. Every second of channeling increases the damage of Energy Twisters and channeling skills by XXX%, stacking up to 5 times. Breaking the channel detonates all Twisters in place, dealing XXXX% weapon damage per stack of momentum over YY yards.

The general idea is that Twisters swirl around you like Blessed Hammers, but they will follow targets within range. Momentum would increase the damage and move speed of all Twisters, so that they can follow enemies and shred them to pieces. Number of concurrent Twisters capped somewhere to avoid overkill.

I cannot point out enough, I loathe the change to Etched Sigil.

6 Likes

You, me, and plenty of other wizards despise etched sigil’s change.

8 Likes

I agree the ES change is terrible, but if it isn’t reverted this is a really great idea. It’s a shame there isn’t people like you making the patch changes. The game would be magnitudes better. Instead there’s probably 1 developer spending a few hours looking at number tweaks over the course of 3 months. How many hours do you think were wasted on that new season theme?

Sounds like Spirit Barrage to me!
But hey, that works well and this could be a new fresh take on that mechanism. :+1:

DMO Twister on the PTR is not really a build. It’s a disaster.

Channel doesnt synergize with DMO at all.

twisters traveling in a straight line is worse than the standard skill effect (which is bad enough already, especially since twisters can randomly disappear)
twisters causing lag especially when spread out. let us stack them without the need of a corner.

Yeah I haven’t tried it on PTR but I’ve tried it in the past and DMO channel twisters is awful to play.

Hadn’t really thought about that until now, but Etched Sigil being Twister specific makes DMO twisters extremely undesirable to play. “Hooray, let’s make a twister-specific item that doesn’t really work with the twister-specific set!”

LoD channel twisters is way more enjoyable and straightforward to play. There’s a 130 clear with LoD twisters now on PTR (8k paragon, but still).

1 Like

Not up on the build, but this is the difference between DMO’s awful mechanics. Casting Slow time is just tedious. If Slow Time surrounded you, it would be so much more fluid.

And the 2 piece is kind of stupid, too. Just another one of Wizard’s bad set design. I wonder, if they came back now, knowing what they know now (but told then), would they do better?

It’s hard not to be bitter. Even with this patch. They promised a beanstalk and delivers beans.

1 Like

But then everyone would just use Raging Storm instead of WW but that’s okay because at least that fixes a huge issue because ‘travels in a straight line’ is a bad mechanic that really doesn’t do anything advantageous.

There is a legendary combo that makes that pretty much mandatory. Old and new Etched Sigil stack. If you use them with Twister as the only proc’able skill, then you get two overlapping twisters.

It is weak as all hell since you lose out on the damage from Valthek’s, but it is amusing to see only large twisters.

1 Like

#BringBackCriticalMass

1 Like

Raging storm also works with Area damage, that’s the main thing.

They all do, but the difference is Raging storm can combine with an Etched Sigil channeled Raging storm (that doesn’t benefit from AD) and the combined one will have AD, which is a huge advantage.

But like I said I support the idea because the original affix is useless.

100% agree. This would have been a much better place to have a general damage buff. This way it would increase Signature spells as well as give an option for other builds to use the weapon. Say, 20% to all damage per stack and it doesn’t work with all build since you have to squeeze the SS in there.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at. But we’ve been down this road before, we’ll get no changes, and the patch will more or less go live as it is.

1 Like

I would gladly give up all the wizard changes in this patch just to keep ETCHED SIGIL the way it is on live.

3 Likes