[2.6.10 PTR] Wizard Feedback

@ Cratic Chantodo’s 20 stacks is a chore. This should be reduced to 5-10 stacks and of course edit the damage to reflect the changes… ie 5 stacks (4 times damage) or 10 stacks (2 times damage). This would make the build feel a lot more smooth.

2 Likes

I would prefer increasing the weapon damage % values for runes other than Frozen Orb, mostly since we’re already putting in a lot of effort to balance around FO.

However, I’m not opposed to decreasing or tuning the shard/explosion damage differently for FO. I would prefer it be given in tandem with more item multiplier for Arcane orb though, so that it doesn’t feel like a nerf to Frozen orb based builds. Something like “Hey, we decreased FO weapon damage values by 20%, but also increased item multiplier by 20%”, for example. That would make me feel better about a weapon damage value decrease.

1 Like

Part of my suggestion regarding Chantodo is number of stacks needed be reduced while having the damage scaled up.

Vyr’s Amazing Arcana :

• 2 piece bonus:
    • For every 10 archon stacks gained, reduce the remaining cooldown of Archon by 10%. Archon gains effects of all Runes.
  • 4 piece bonus:
    • Archon kill stacks also increase Attack Speed, Armor and Resistances by 1% per stack.
  • 6 piece bonus:
    • Gain one Archon stack per hit or per tick of damage of any Archon ability. Archon stacks also reduce damage taken by 0.15% each and their damage bonus increases to 100% per stack. Increase the damage of all Archon abilities by 25% per Archon Stack.

Chantodo’s Resolve :

• Note: Firstly, the nerf should be reverted.
  • 2 piece bonus:
    • Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing 8000% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards. This damage scales with attack speed.
    • Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 8000% weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 10 times. For each stack, reduce all of your damage (except for Wave of Destruction) by 7.5% while in Archon form.
3 Likes

With the number I provided, where Arcane Orb and all its runes would get buffed by the same amount that FO got buffed 3 years ago, do you think that these numbers are reasonable to go live, or that they are either too high or oo low?

Frozen Orb was buffed by a factor of 2.4 multiplier, and applying this factor of 2.4 also on the other runes, you get:

• 1.050% - 1.100% Weapon Damage on the Base Skill
  • 1.680% - 1.760% Weapon Damage for Obliteration
  • ~635% Weapon Damage for Arcane Orbit
  • 840% Weapon Damage for Spark
  • 530% Weapon Damage for the Spark Orb, and 1.760% Weapon Damage over 5 seconds from the Fire Trail

Too high? Too low? Perfect? Reasonable?

Ty!

Will you accept 1.5 hours solo wizard to 70 (under season start conditions) instead of 1.0 hours?

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is encouraging or not. “Feedback is still being collected” could easily be read as “Feedback won’t be implemented yet.”

Anyway, I’m out there sounding the alarm on the Wizard changes.

1 Like

Tested in a Speed GR setting Vyr Chantodo with Zodiac, a few GR104 runs.

Most of the time, was able to reset. There were one or two instances where the Shadow clones killed off a few of my trash enemies, and this lowered Chantodo stack gain some minor amount (maybe 1-3 stacks), but I was always able to get back into archon.

I think this is mostly an issue for lower speed GRs (maybe sub 90 solos) and such. I’ve edited my feedback.

I don’t think it’s as big of an issue any longer, seeing as they don’t deal huge amounts of damage yet at the higher end of GRs, but definitely still leaves sour taste when it happens at these Sub 110 and Sub 90 levels of GR.

Definitely destroys the capability of Nephalem rifting with Zodiac moreso than any other build. As noted before, at least we have other builds options to choose from for Vyrchant, if preferred. Not sure if I’ll swap to a different variation there as yet.

Clone kills do add to swami / archon / vyr 6 stack count.

1 Like

Thanks for the testing Cratic. Truth be told I rarely test the season side of ptr, mostly because I’m too lazy to make a new character for season unless it’s live. So the testing and confirmation is truly much appreciated!

Since that’s the case I’ll have to avoid shrines while farming nephalem rifts, that is unless I’m farming death breaths. Truth be told, I’ll have to think about what Nephalem/Bounty speed build to go with for season 22. Channeling meteor was usually my go to choice, but we know that’s no longer an option…

That’s definitely good. Though it’d be awesome if the clones also added to our chantodo stack count.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Maybe “destroys the capability” is a bit harsh. It’s RNG at the nephalem rifting level, and it also depends on which clone you get, what spell they cast first.

This is why I’m still on the fence about running my normal nephalem setup for Vyr; it’s so much fun, and really efficient under normal circumstances.

It’s not every rift that I had issues, but every few rifts (maybe 1 out of every 4) with clicking shrines/pylons I’d have one Clone that’d cause an issue, kill targets early, preventing Zodiac for one cycle.

I think it’s still more efficient to run nems/click the pylons in Nephalems. Perhaps that’s the worst part; being stuck dealing with it.

All it takes is one occurrence to bring down the efficiency of the build.

That said, I like to think I move pretty quick compared to a lot of players, having practiced more. The slower you move / teleport, the more issues you’ll have with Clones killing Density, as they’ll get to it before you can reset.

I’d generally recommend most people use In-Geom or Messerschmidt’s for sub-90 Vyr’s speeds anyway, so shouldn’t be a big issue? Guess if you want to run Aether Walker for consistency with teleports, that’s probably where it would hurt the most. I tend to use Aether Walker for 100+ (and earlier season 90-100) and Messerschmidt’s for anything below that where you can get away with less than 15-20 stacks.

I’m not sure yet if I really wanna roll a wizard next season, but that clone / nephalem issue would probably change the way I play them.
I already dislike like it when you get BIG wide maps with NO mobs (shrouded moors in nephalems…) and your archon falls off.

• no mobs to reset
  • no mobility to change floors fast

with the added inconvenience youre mentioning I think it’s better off completely skipping on Vyrs during nephalems.
Probably Tal FO with added Crimson and Aether Walker will be an alternative that is capable for these kind of tasks, including Bounties (that’s at least during Season 22)
something like this:
https://ptr.d3planner.com/878206812

If we don’t use Tals for easy content then we could as well call it as obsolete as FB :wink:

…well, it is nearly as obsolete as Firebirds. What Tal Rasha can do, LoD can do better - more or less. I mean what specific mechanic does TR add that cannot be done with LoD? Auto Meteors… four every 8 seconds… plus a third legendary gem instead of LoD. And for that you have to do more (= juggle skills), deal less and take more damage.
I’d say it is a useless set. The only plus Tal Rasha has in its favour is that it works at full power without having all ancient gear and a specific gem (LoD) leveled to 99 first. Apart from that it’s way more annoying and less rewarding. Not quite on the level of Firebirds, because the damage is better (obviously) but still…

it works to include other secondary sets like crimson in my example. that’s why I would prefer it over LoD in that particular case.
getting similar (over even better) results with little to no time gearing up compared to an optimized LoD speed build.

Otherwise you’re completely right of course.

Well if they make Tal-Rasha’s auto meteor effect succeptible to cdr (as we have stated before), add an addtional damage modifier to Tal-Rasha’s 6 piece bonus that affects only meteor, make the 4 piece bonus refreshable (or just change it to raw damage reduction instead of increased resistance) just as the damage bonus offered by the 6 piece bonus, and give smoldering core the following effect:

The Smoldering Core:

Increase the size of meteor. Meteor deals 400-450% more damage.

I think that would be a start to greatly help Tal-Rasha.

1 Like

Meteor already uses a 2hand in cube. Smoldering core is a bad choice.
1.Take whichever 1hand and give it a meteor % bonus and a effect like greater area or double meteors
2. Give a % bonus to an offhand now that etched is dead
3. Make tal meteor only with a flat dr bonus on 4 piece and a X % bonus on 6 pieces.

That’s a meteor build. Firebird:

1. OoID increases explosive blast by X and keeps dr
  2. Woh as is. Make a 2h for cube with increased range and % for explosive blast
  3. Firebird: connect dr 4p and bonus to fire skills 6p with casting fire skills. Make sure that it doesn’t benefit meteor as much as Tal

Dmo is static it can become our channeling twisters set with a 6 piece bonus being tied with channeling instead of bubbles.

Orb and primary skills become LoD builds with supportive legendaries.

Can literally be done in one patch. No complex mechanics, guarantees unique use of every set

1 Like

Making the effect a one-handed weapon would just enable you to use all of them, at least having it as a 2handed like smoldering core means that you choose between smoldering core (more aoe and damage) or the grand vizier (less damage but meteor rcr meaning more meteor casts).

As for source, they could just increase the meteor multiplier on Tal-Rasha’s orb, but keep the multiplier as a non-cubable effect.

Firebird requires either a full revamp or simplification.

Why would we want competition? In that case unavoidably one item will emerge as the best, massive copy/paste of builds will follow.

Sure that works and opens the amulet for travelers or squirt

I agree. A simple cast of a fire skill for 8 sec DR and a flat bonus to fire skills is as simple as possible

1 Like

I really don’t want any more Meteor weapons. None. Period! At least as long as that eyesore Aetherwalker is our only way to get high mobility for non-archon wizards. Or unless they allow wizards to use 2H staves and still equip a source. If anything a Meteor Source. Put it on TR orb, that thing is essentially useless anyway now.

There will be copy/paste builds regardless. At least if there’s two different weapons, there’d be a distinction between builds. If you opt for a build using auto cast meteors (in this case the Tal-Rasha set), then smoldering core would be your choice. On the other hand, if you opt for a build that has you manually casting meteors, then The Grand VIzier would be your go-to option.

But honestly, that’s mostly just me like having different distinctive choices.

No arguements here.

Meteor weapons or no, it doesn’t change the fact that our teleport and/or aether walker needs some attention.

Yes, I’ve already suggested upping Tal-Rasha’s source meteor multiplier and keeping it a non-legendary effect (so in other words: non-cubable).

adding a lingering dmg buff to AW after teleporting (~5 sec ~200%) would open up alot of builds and especially helping the wiz with speed farming.
should only work with teleport NOT archon teleport

Adding such a multiplier should get adjusted that way that it still would be an option to push with, but you would have to sacrifice another (higher) multiplier to be more agile and make up for it that way.

well one can dream: changing Smoldering Core to be a 1 hand weapon with a 250-300% multiplier to Meteor.
Now you could speedfarm with Meteor using AW and use SC for pushing, but you wouldnt be completely locked in.

those thoughts are too crazy and out of reach unfortunately, bigger issue in my mind is fixing the teleport skill itself. wiz really got to carry the burden of the op D2 teleport skill ;(

2 Likes