24 Hour Launch Day Marathon (You HAVE To)

I don’t think ill be able to just sit down and play for a few hours… not even a day. I think this is one of those times, even as an adult, that its clearly time to pull an all-nighter. Mates or not, SP or NL.

https://c.tenor.com/YmYYTz-cW7sAAAAC/memes-just-do-it.gif

Idc what anyones low expecations are. I WILL experience that same magical feeling i did as a teenager. You know how i know? The Beta gave me the itch again. So badly i feel like im jonsin’ for another hit like its her0in and can’t think of anything else. TWO WEEKS ONE DAY! :sparkling_heart: :revolving_hearts: :partying_face: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops:

5 Likes

I’m going to play pretty late, but there’s no chance for me.

You younger folks can help an old(ish) man when I wake up lol.

2 Likes

I’ll be doing late but gotta work first on Thursday but still wondering what actual time you can play on 9/23…

I’ll probably just play for a couple of hours like I have been with the original game. I’m to old to marathon run. If it were 20 years ago, that’d be a whole different story.

jeeeeebus guys. Im getting buzzkill overload.

Most of us are 30-40ish. We can do an all nighter ONE time for Diablos sake! you damn blasphemous heathens!

2 Likes

I just can’t do it captain! I don’t have the power!

I could not even pull an all nighter when I was young, much less now! Finals nights in Uni would end up leaving me with a horrible headache and sick to my stomach from lack of sleep. I also hallucinate if I drive when that tired. No thanks.

I will stretch, eat real food, and sleep as needed. The chars won’t go poof anymore and will wait for me.

1 Like

Haha, like I said, work then right home to play until I pass out, maybe 4-5am next day?

1 Like

Still will work on Thursday and Friday but I plan to play quite a bit Thur - Sat and wife (+ kids) are cool with me having that time to myself, lol

1 Like

Ohhh yeah! Can’t wait! Started playing Diablo when I was 14, I’m now 34. I will ask my boss if I can take Friday off, I’ll probably play until 2-3 AM after that it will be hard to stay awake! LOL But Friday morning 7 AM i’ll be back at it!

2 Likes

I am surprisingly off on launch day (can’t believe my good fortune there), but have an early morning shift on Friday before having the weekend off. I’ll be mostly starting the first day with my dad, then would like to be Act 2-3 NM by end of Sunday. I’m going to tackle a moderate pace. I’m usually a bed by Midnight kind of guy, though been getting stuck more early morning shifts, so bed has shifted to 10 pm.

Be careful though for those marathoners, I remember seeing news stories of people that died in the first week of Diablo 3 launch for not taking care of themselves.

I don’t want to rain on your parade but not a lot of point grinding like that non ladder.

New here? New to Diablo or video games in general? you do it because ITS FUN. lmao. :man_facepalming: . “grinding” isn’t ever a term i would use for Diablo play, i actually enjoy every part of this game.

1 Like

Ill definitely be playing all day till like 2- 3 am but will go sleep for 6-7 hours because when i wake and bake it will be like new again lol.

1 Like

I’m going for 30 hour marathon :wink:
Have both Thursday and Friday off - so sleeping 10 hours, taking a shower and something to eat - and then ready for launch and 30 hours of pure enjoyment! (hopefully without any major setbacks with rollbacks, game crashes and servers down :pray: )

1 Like

hm, I don’t put in more than a few hours at a time anymore unless there is a reason like racing on ladder for instance and nowadays I wouldn’t sacrifice exercise food work or anything else for a video game.

Its not because I’m too old now more of a personal choice I suppose. I’ve been that way in the past and it was not worth it.

https://c.tenor.com/qkY03OWbhWAAAAAM/my-man-denzel.gif

EXACTLY. 30 hours of Pure unbridled, unimaginable, overwhelming enjoyment. :partying_face: :raised_hands:

:roll_eyes: Sacrifice? You aren’t “sacrificing” anything debby downer. You’re delusional and referring to video games like they aren’t pure enjoyment. it must be a real hoot playing with you in games.

1 Like

Debby downer? :smiley:

Ok settle down there. Let me try to translate it to a language you speak.

Here for a good time not for a long time.

You’ll never know. I’ll just be a name on the leader board you see overtake you after you burn out on day1 and sleep for a week lol