21:9 Resolution Discussion Compilation

He he im faster :slight_smile: its because i have Ultrawide ^^ lol

2 Likes

i have a samsung odyssey G9 32:9 :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh lol. That is the proof. Ultrawide gives you no advantage
Btw, nice a samsung odyssey G9… great screen love it.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember they saying 21:9 would be supported… Sucks at the moment they removed it, but honestly during development things change, for the better or worse… I don’t think it’s a fair point to put “hey, you said it back then, now you’re stuck with it”. I think it’s already covered in the “The game is being sold and advertised with support for modern screen resolutions” which is by far a worse situation

What they need is to explain why, at the moment, this is happening. They owe this to everybody.

3 Likes

ye me to the first one i got had dead pixlels but the store did let me swap it for a new one at no cost for me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lol
240Hz
NVIDIA® G-SYNC®
Resolution: DQHD (5.120 x 1.440)
You need a Monster of Graphics Card to power this screen.
I only have an MSI Optix MAG341CQ with an RTX 3070. Runs great but your Monitor is a Monster. How much do you pay for? I payed under 400 €.

Yea Lito… i hope Blizzard write something. Its time for a Blue Post.

when i got it i payed like 1100 € for it and that was in feb this year and mostly i did buy it coz D2R was going to have ultrawide support. sadly due to the gpu market im stuck with my GTX1060 still tho

Oh my God this is Bad. I know your Pain. It is very difficult to get a Graphics Card today. I hope the Prices are getting lower near Christmas.

Good luck with this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

i hope so i can wait hehe i still can play titles assassin’s creed odyssey 5120x1440 at medium setting so i do have some games to play while i wait :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah i think alot of Games work with the 1060. Not with Max Details but with some. If the waiting takes to long you can always play Diablo2 with 2 great Black bars lol. Blizzard i hate you. ^^ I hope for you Friend the Prices getting down fast. I get my RTX3070 for 630 € not cheap but ok. Until you have your graphics card, there will be the ultrawide fix for diablo. I keep my fingers crossed

1 Like

Jesus i cant imagine a pain runing 1060 on such monitor if 3070 is problem to get buy yourself 2070 super in real life it will be like 10-20 fps diference and u save some money on GPU and energy it uses

if the price wont drop in the near future i might even wait until next gen gpu come on the market. and buy a used 3090 instead :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I use a 34’ 2560x1080 resolution screen to go easier on my fairly modest 1660ti =) My rig is kinda old, maybe 5years old, the screen and the graphics card were the last updates to it

Im VERY skeptical to new tech, remember those 3D TVs that you had to sometimes use googles? I looked at that crap and said “this is never gonna be a thing” and I was right

With ultrawide, at the first moments I thought the same. But then I decided to give it a go, geez, I can’t go back to 16:9 now. It is soooooo much better. If I guy like me liked it that much, I truly believe 21:9 have it’s chances in the future.

2 Likes

Grim Reaper: Buying a graphics card at the moment is really horror. In an emergency, just wait for the next generation. I do not understand anyway why it takes so long with the prices. Actually, they should slowly sink again. Corona is also slowly declining.

Lito: Felt the same way. At first I thought it was just another fashion stunt, but when I first used it myself, it really convinced me. The only thing that annoys are games that still don’t support it properly, but luckily they are getting fewer and fewer.

Yeah, when you are forced back to 16:9 you just go full “NOooooooooooOOOoooOOooO” lol its so bad

I feel nowdays at least on PC not supporting 21:9 is the exception. Most games that don’t are straight console ports, and even those are getting fewer and fewer. Thank god

3 Likes

Yes, that is like looking through a window where the curtain is half closed.
Really bad to get used to 16:9 again if you ever used Ultrawide.

So Guys thanks for the nice talk. I’m going to have something to eat.

Ultrawide Testing Alpha Video Diablo 2

To sum it up:
Ultra-wide - looks nicer
16:9 - doesn’t interfere with game mechanics

2 Likes