2 out of 7 classes are getting love!?

Some classes seem to need only easy fixes. I like the crusader and can really tear into groups I think better than the wiz. When the groups get low, like less than 5, then my damage goes into the toilet. The single damage item has way to low of
damage stat on it. That should be fixed so can kill single and small groups like the wiz. Then look out wizard, the crusader is coming to take over your top spot.

bigger question should be where to put all these new sets and items that support it;which could be solved by each item only taking 1 slot instead of two.

Just going to reiterate two major problems here:

1. Not all classes getting their new set sucks, especially for those last in line.
  2. Seasons continuing to delay the release of content is, has, and continues to remain a problem.

Personally, I don’t care if Blizzard ferried the game off the classics team, the janitor, or the guy who delivered their catering. They’re not putting the attention required into the game to satisfy players. No one likes feeling left out. No one wants underwhelming changes. As a multi-billion dollar AAA studio, they have zero excuse for such poor upkeep at this point. And no amount of micro-transaction justification attempt from apologists will cut it, either.

People going to Blizzcon need to be angry. Not just about politics, D:I, or maybe learning that D4 is still years away, but rather in how poorly they have treated D3 players. Because in seeing they can get away with it here, they’ll do it again in their other games.

looks like nobody like this thread.

1. Nev explained in some blue post that they have limited resources. Currently, D3 is in maintenance mode (by classic game team). They can’t bring us 7 sets in this 3 months time limit.

2. They also have to design season mode. New seasonal buff sames more effective than balance change. This will take a lot of dev resources.

3. Another reason, they gonna annouce d4 this year. We have to wait 1-2 years for D4. In the mean time, 7 new sets fill the 1 year gap. Besides new sets, I guess there will be other new content for d3 before d4 release. Just like what 2k did for borderlands 3.

I mean, at this point, why complain? We’ve gotten near 3 expansions worth of content and only had to pay for one (and the Necro DLC). That’s pretty good for a now 7 year old game. I still get shocked when I see plans of any changes at all, I’m not going to complain that I have to wait a few months for them.

5 Likes

This is pretty good summary as to why. We really had two approaches we could have taken to bringing new stuff to the game:

• Release smaller patches that have something for everyone
  • Release larger, more focused (and ideally better balanced) patches for 1-2 classes at a time

We’ve opted for the latter because we think it makes a lot more sense on a lot of levels; we can focus on a particular art style, gameplay is more consolidated, and we’re at less risk of breaking more things at a time while we work. We knew this approach could be divisive, which is why we called it out in the blog from August. We didn’t want it to be a surprise.

Class Sets in Diablo III greatly impact skills and gameplay style. Each needs room to breathe (and be thoroughly tested) as they’re implemented. And if we need to make changes to the ones we’re adding after your feedback, we need time to do that, too.

Trying to juggle seven all at once was just outside scope, especially as supplemental Legendary powers need attention too. I won’t pretend we’re going to get it all right, but pacing ourselves accordingly makes that at least a little more likely. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

3 of 7, and please those 3 need love asap, don’t make them wait any longer! The past 8 or so seasons have been dominated by ranged in the dps game. Let the melee’s finally have their time to shine!

I for one can’t wait to play Barb again, it’s literally been like 4 years since I have.

2 Likes

It would be great if the new set for crusader had a seventh piece (Bracers), so it could be mixed with Akkhan (5AoV+3AoA+RoRG)

in the last 3 seasons i have played wirlwind barb and have gotten to endgame contact without difficulty. i do not understand why people say barbs are weak. i am also thrilled about the new item for barbs.

Play some of the other classes and you’ll understand.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely give the Aegis of Valor set a try, but please considering adjusting it (especially the 4 piece set effect). As it seems right now, it offers little mechanic or gameplay style changes; in fact it wouldn’t be much of a stretch to call it a glorified legendary power rather than a set. There are some interesting ideas on the forums that I’m sure if used would definitely improve it.

You were okay with WW Barb topping out at 119 whilst Chants was 140? If you were then you really don’t understand how much of a power gap that truly is. 20 GR’s is absolutely massive, about 8x to be around exact.

Now I will say, I do not advocate every build be up there with Vyr/Chants. Chants should still do much more burst damage, while WW/Rend would be your mobile DoTT. They play differently. But just to take a look at the numbers here:

Chants was 4,000% WD x 5 APS (the outlier) x 20 (Chant stack) x Vyrs (which on average was about 200, 400 in extreme high end cases). Before any jewelry buffs that’s about 80M weapon damage, absolute insanity for a free skill you don’t cast. Being as it’s a proc it doesn’t have AD so it loses a 4-5x advantage in a lot of situations, which didn’t even matter outside Starpact meta to every other wizard build with that kind of insane damage.

Now let’s look at Rend. 1100 WD x 6 (2pc Wastes) x 3.5 (new lamentation) x 4 (4pc Wastes) x 101 (6pc Waste) x 5 again (5 seconds become 1 Ambo’s Pride). Just under 500k WD.

However if that 500k also gets effected by AS and then possibly Area damage, that will turn it into 5M weapon damage a tick, every tick in large mob scenarios. Even if you add in WW damage it’s really not much more.

So as you can see Vyr/Chants is still miles ahead pre-nerf that is. Even if they were to take the AS scaling away completely it would still outdo Rend by a lot. Lamentation might even need further buffing, to 5-6x Rend mod.

1 Like

In terms of playing under GR100 or only up to T16 it is not as noticeable. Go above that and the difference is very noticeable.

I think every Barbarian-lover is looking forward to it.

2 Likes

What are you blathering?

Great to have new sets but Crusader one needs some adjustments. Look at the the other sets. They provide several skills to play around. Not all skills in Might of the Earth or Delsere’s Magnum Opus find their way to the leaderboards but they provide an important illusion of choices which is very important for arpgs. And in addition, it’s fun to make fun builds sometimes. Not everyone competes for the no. 1 spot.

With a set focusing completely on one skill, we have very limited gear options and set feels like 10 piece set. With once in a life time opportunity with new sets, I hope the sets wouldn’t force the player to only a certain supporting legendaries.

Please consider adding other skills to set, too. Thank you for all the hard work!

Are there any plans to fix near-garbage runes for skills in the game?

There are runes that dominate in almost ANY aspect of the game.

The best example i want to give is SSS with 14sec cooldown rune. (Sustained attack - physical)
Any other choice is pure garbage and doesnt make sense damage&utility-wise.

Are there any plans to fix the CORE problems?

Damage multiplier to sets/items doesnt give any variety if you you have runes that outpferforms other runes by x1,5 or x3.

1. Classwide item changes
  2. Classwide skill/passive changes
  3. Classwide release of new sets + slight item adjustments

Thats why i listed my thoughts. (order doesnt matter)

These are problems, the sets are a nice feature and currently not a problem, but they will just further increase the gap between good and bad runes.

Make Multishot viable again? Increase Set bonus part to 500% dmg per descipline?
NO
Maybe, change the runes and their outcome!

Variety comes from the combination of DIFFERENT skills and ELEMENTS, not just by min maxing that global skill.

I would rather see a complete “number tweeak” than 7 sets that just buff the top-choice in that skill.

DH cold grenades?
Fire Impale?
Lightning Multishot?
Lightning Cluster Arrow?
Cold Vengance?

Any plans to fight against the core problems of the non existing variety?

Crusader set to at least add heaven fury.

Also DR that build up are bad, especially if the build up cap at DR level similar to others that are far easier, like UE.

Because laziness.
(btw this is not a 20 chars min post mind you)
I’m just a rebel

3 out of 7 since they fixed wastes set

“step by step”
– new kids on the block