2.6.8 Buff Requests - Crusader Community collection

We should start making a list for all the buff requests. Just post which changes you wanna see in the upcoming patch. I know we just got a set, but literally nothing else was changed except Darklight. The devs talked about „balancing passes“ for each class but Im not sure we saw it for the sader. More so for the barb, actually.

I ll just go through different sets and add some buff suggestions. I think 140 GR solo will be the new solo limit that a maximally geared player with high paragon in d3 should reach.

Aegis of Valor
-FoH should be dealing meaningful damage. I think the best build for this is using HF on cooldown and then spam FoH meanwhile. I think this is what the devs actually wanted.
-Add FoH to 2pc damage bonus (just vice versa; triggered by HF)
-buff khasetts belt to 500-600%

I think this should make spamming foh during HF duration (ray) deal equal damage. We could go Holy & Lightning and gain 2 Coe cycles.

Roland‘s Legacy
-theres no way around fixing the ias bug with SB. This must be fixed.
-remove damage limitation on Drakon‘s Lesson & buff its damage to 600%
-add 700-800% damage to Piro Marella
-establish item giving us the Shield Cross rune for AoE (rework the bugged flail which is bad anyway?)

Sweep:
-make Denial not dependant on mob amount. Just make it stack and buff each steack to 50% (250% total)
-buff Golden flense to something really high, 800-900%

Invoker:
-make 2pc work with 6pc
OR
-remove 6pc‘ „first enemy hit“

Hammerdin:
-minor multiplier buffs (your suggestions?)

Akkhan:
-nerf condemn weapon and shield
-buff akkhan to 10.000%

11 Likes

Great suggestions, my only concern would be nerfing the Condem weapons. It doesn’t need to happen; blessed shield is better for pushing with LOD/LON than an Akkhan Condemn or LoN/LoD Condemn. I’d suggest buffing everything around the condemn weapons, including gryfalcons and jekang board. Reason condemn weapon multipliers are so strong is because there is no single target boost in that setup. Hammerdin has bracers, as does blessed shield.

Denial could go to 500, 100 per and I love your idea about it stacking on one target. Solves the single target issue you eventually run into. If they can fix shield bash it would be amazing if the skill were to generate wrath similar to how FoTH works with AoV. This would change the playstyle so Kik should probably weigh in on how good an idea that would be mechanically.

2 Likes

i was really hoping this was a set that would finally throw Smite a bone. :confused:

I don’t see why it can’t be added to the 2 pc and 4pc. Or maybe it could gain all runes on the 2pc?

I started a thread a few days ago on the general forums, in hopes of getting more visability.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/crusader-suggestion-for-future-patches/8432

While we are not always in the same line of how to buff the crusader, we’re always striving towards the same end result.

One of the things we would not agree on is the build identity, what makes the build unique. Changing Sweep to not require multiple enemies to achieve maxiumum power, changing the invoker to to straight up aoe by just hitting with either punish (or slash depending on what route you go) or having Shield bash using only the shield cross rune (because I kinda got that you dislike the shield glare mechanic). All of this sort of leads to all build being more or less the same, from my perspective anyway.

Just some keynotes from my suggestion thread:

Fixing the SB bug is good , but we could go with out it for a while if the time to fix it would be so long. Until then we could buff the damage to atleast have some SB gameplay to run with. I still believe the damage portion of the bracers can be decoupled from the wrath return mechanic, thus giving some more versatility to rune choice. But, I also believe that you shouldn’t force shield cross on players if they dont want it, because currently it stacks per enemy hit, not a total of damage , meaning shield cross destroys the shield glare playstyle, which I like.

On sweep attack I suggested to add gathering sweep to denial, so you gain a gathering mechanic when attacking. Still keeping the aoe style of the build as a core. It defines how you always pull along enemies to always keep up your damage buff.

On invoker, I wanted to shift some damage around, essentially 6-piece now gives 3000% increased thorns (multiplicative with the 2-piece), also having punish or slash do 500% of your thorns as extra damage. Basically shifting the damage you you play the Akk6+inv2 combo, but a more refined version of it. It’s still as strong as it currently is, but enemies now are subjected to the aoe thorns damage (and the vo’tayias spiker shield), also items like sanguine bracers play a bigger role.

With akkhan, dont nerf condemn, just buff akkhan to 5000%, and buff blessed shield sligthly (akkhan’s leniency 35-40% > 50-60%), with it, both builds come closer to the 140 mark.

But, that are just my thoughts on it.

i like all the ideas here, AoV to me should definitely be fiat of the heavens based for damage. with hf as a supplimental dmg dealer and buffer of the foh skill.

for invokers i like the single target aspect of this set however for aoe i think something to bring forth bombardment as the main aoe dmg dealer such a big skill with potential should do more than reduce dmg by 50% in this set. so adding dmg to the belt of the trove aswell as mortal drama or hack and voltiris spiker etc. would be great and nake these thorns focused items work in the build.

Since LoD gem added - i’m a fan of LoD BS. As every player can mention - the build not looks completed by gear. Here no specific (only for Crusaders) pauldrons and pants (everyone uses SLW pants). As result we can’t maintain Akarats Champion fulltime. And in general - build so weak against single target.
So i expect some new gear in future for this build.

Also i waiting like a mad when they BUMP Invoker! This can be the best buld in the game. Let make it viable!

Yea, let’s buff crusaders more co they can do 150 in first 3 days of season release

1 Like

shut up! Meg.

:speak_no_evil:

I would love to see falling sword as nuke skill in hammerdin build.

Is there a vacuum between your ears?

2 Likes

Sweep stacking damage on one or multiple enemies isn’t build identity, it’s mechanics. The build identity wouldn’t change but it would change the balance of single target/aoe damage. Same with Invoker, same with shield bash.

We as a community need to push for better balance between Aoe and St. This is what makes AoV and Wrath of the wastes so fun and popular. Gone are the days where I get a rift Guardian up in 7-8 min only to fail because no single target. Not being able to deal with trash makes the reverse true for Invoker which is a huge drawback to the set. Used to be that any suggestions about adding Aoe to Invoker generated a fight, thankfully that seems to have changed.

Shield bash is going to need extensive work. If it’s a choice between buffing everything around AoV and fixing bash, buff everything and address bash after. For those of you who don’t know, bash animation with added speed from Roland creates a problem with the game engine. Fast and dirty fix is removing added speed to bash on the set and buffing raw damage accordingly. I say dirty because it could be that sweep would end up getting both damage buff and attack speed depending on coding and the engines ability to differentiate.

2 Likes

Why I said build identity was not that I would neglect aoe for builds like invoker or shield bash. It was more how having invoker hitting everything in an area around you or shield cross rune doing it. They would end up so similar that there would be little separating them.

Sweep is a cone forward, but in short, it’s a high attackspeed build that is mainly focused on aoe.

What I was suggesting was improving the builds, without creating similar builds. Invoker would recieve its aoe from returning damage through pure thorns, it would play like akk+inv build, but is better optimized, and much better single target damage. It could utilize all the thorns items to some extent. While it mainly is used for hunting rares, it would decimate monsters coming too close.

Sweep retains the aoe focus, much like hammerdin, it needs mobs to enhance its abilities, much of its power should be control which sweep has always been good at. It’s fine to have a weakness if it’s only a minor one.

And shield bash, I like to keep the shield glare burst for one major reason, it works much better for speed builds. And why is that good?, well first off we don’t really have a good one to begin with. Arguebly blessed shield variants with some support, but not a good solo one. The shield glare burst fixes that, hit with a few bashes, pop shield glare, dash to the next group. That is great for us, it’s exactly what we need. But shield cross comes with a cost, it’s slower, it hits fewer enemies, the shield glares hit for nothing (not only due to drakons, but the mechanic around shield glare). While it could see a push build with only shield cross spamming, it would loose some of its charm. What I still would like to stress on, we get some buffs for the build now, even if they don’t fix the bug, because we don’t know how long it would take to see that bug fix.

So you see my friend, there’s never a question on the main issues, but you can fix them without turning all builds into a very similar one, all deal with aoe in their own way.

Sweep is a 280 or 300 degree attack, not a cone. Walkingtall’s suggestion wouldn’t make sweep attack a single target build or change identity. Seems like you’re grasping at straws here because hammers, condemn, Rolands all have the same identity right now; at a very general level. Decent Aoe and poor single target. Changing Denial to stack on one target wouldn’t change that identity it would just make the build less fishy on rg. If we were to add a bracer to fix single target that would be homogeneous. Neither Walkin or myself has suggested that full Wrath should be returned for one enemy hit (golden flense) for example. I think you’re making too much of this to be honest. My suggestion would be to play each of the sets like I did recently to experience this for yourself.

I still play all of these sets, your worries are needless unless you over generalise how they function. Roland condemn hammers and bs all play wildly different. Adding a single target improvement wouldn’t make Roland suddenly swap identities. Much the same as your or Walkin suggestion for Invoker wouldn’t change the identity of the build.

Being weak on RG isn’t a minor thing 135-140. Its even more major north of 140.

1 Like

Yeah, english isn’t my main language, so for the lack of a better word. Arc maybe?, is that better to use? It’s not a full circle anyway was what I was getting at.

Well, a little, changing the hit required to stacking hit does change the mentality of it a bit. The difficulty of the build was managing density, moving mobs around to achieve maximum power. Changing that aspect of the build doesn’t take away that playstyle completely, but it does change the way you look at the lone rare, should I finish it off, or move on.

Maybe, but I also think that sweep is a stable build already, thus, the big thing it needs are changes to the damage output. The big issues it had kinda got taken away with the introduction of captain crimson,it doesn’t suffer from toughness issues, resource management is pretty good now, overall, it’s a good build.

Well, from my perspective walkin doesn’t like shield glare at all, and would probably do away with it if he could. Adding shield cross to being autocast is also something he’s been very vocal about, for a long time. And while I don’t want to take away that from him, I also hope that he won’t take the stuff I like away from me. This is why I suggested a compromise, remove the limit on drakons, but don’t add shield glare as a must, then you can choose yourself, spam shield cross, or pound+shield glare.

Why invoker comes into play is that the suggestions he put forth, turns invoker into a quite similar build to the shield cross build he’s suggesting, they would be extremely similar, besides what gear you wear. Sort of the same area of effect, the same playstyle.

Obviously I’m over analyzing things, but atleast we’re having a healthy discussion with it.

Well, if it was implemented well I’d be okay with it. Did you ever run Rolands SB in some speed GRs or T16s? (By speed GRs im talking GR 70-80 since the build is not only itemwise broken but also game mechanically)

Having this much IAS and then casting the super slow animation of shield glare, it just doesn’t feel right. It almost feels like you could get 5 Bashs in during the casting animation lol.

Either remove the SG animation or just change FotAscended. IMO. Make it castable while walking etc, just like Monk’s Blinding Flash or Barb’s Ignore Pain or even Iron Skin. But guys, I guess D4 is live before we see Shield Bash actually working as intended. I mean… it only been 5 years.

1 Like

I did run a lot of t16s with sb, and it felt fine actually, yes there’s a stop when popping shield glare, but then you clear the screen with it aswell, as long as the hit feels impactful, that animation is not a problem. But I also said in my suggestion thread that if that animation is not feeling that impactful, then maybe they should change it to 8-10 stacks or something, so you dont have to cast shield glare every 1-2 seconds.

Then you’d have a really powerful burst, clearing the screen, then you’d move onto the next group, a really nice setup for speed rifting.

Actually I wish Shield Bash was like the very first iteration again (although bugged lol):

This post is kinda old, but I liked it and answered because I am personally like idea of buffing akkhan and I came here to ask Blizzard buff it to 9000%. But looks like over people on forum is not very entusiastic about this idea. A bit sad…

1 Like

Un-nerf blessed shield!
Redo the loot tables so blessed shield drops aren’t uber rare.
Take out or change a lot of our garbage crusader specific drops.

2 Likes

In fact, I would very much like Akkhan to receive buffs. Not only Akkhan, but Rolland and Seeker of The Light need balance adjustments.

Seeker of The Light:
Must go to ~ 32,000%

Roland:
Must go to 40,000%

Invoker completed 138 with 13m at 10k paragon. Your potential must be at least 139. Then it should go to 20,000%.