2.6.7 Deserved a Longer PTR Process

It’s a really interesting choice of words. ‘Should not’? Why not ‘Angels will no longer one-shot Rift Guardians’?

The prevarication on whether or not they will one-shot RGs does absolutely nothing to instil confidence.

1 Like

No clue anymore, but I am hoping 3.9 blows me away for PoE so I have something to distract me from the heartbreak that was Rend Barb…

Sader already doing GR140 with the new set btw…sounds legit… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I wish it was just 140. A streamer has already cleared a 145 in the European region, and is, as I type this, attempting a 150 solo on his stream.

2 Likes

He is the one that got Barb nerfed doing the 140 isnt he…

3 Likes

Former dev are extremely Cautious about buff nerf.

Current dev are just the opposite. There is a long way to go.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s quite fair to point the finger of blame solely at him, but yes, he is the individual who cleared a 140 with WW Barb in the PTR.

He responded to some of the criticism he faced here:

1 Like

Because of the coming holidays, maybe? Though it was never confirmed in any way, I think I experienced something similar in HS a year, or two, ago; patch/card nerfs in an unusual date compare to other expansion.

Something like, thanksgiving holidays, then Christmas, then soon after New Year.

1 Like

Yah they’re just going ham and praying, really concerning.

They’ll likely just label this as a ‘bug fix’ and not a balance thing before S19 goes live.

I bet this will be a “tiny little tweak”. :wink:

NS as a real ptr…cur dev are…u know…lol.

Ahh.

I see S19 is definitely not starting this Friday. So I’m assuming there will be some leaderboard resets and patch changes.

Crusader seems to be fine… Thanks god Barbs got nerfed… I was totally not looking forward to play Barb next season after having no fun at all with it on the PTR… But we heard this story all the time over the past days already…
We should just be glad and thankful that Blizzard is hearing us and giving us exactly what we asked for.
< /sarcasm>

Wiz and barb nerfed because they reached 140GR, but new Sader build is 140 at 4300 plvl!!!
Why can’t every build be at that power level? ugh.
Remember the guy who hit 140 with barb was 10K plvl, and that was OP! Had to nerf! Had to nerf or game would be broke!
For the second season in a row, I’m not playing.

3 Likes

European zone - Heavens Fury build cleared GR145 in 14:10 @ 10,800 plvl.

Talk about balance!!!

2 Likes

So much this. Blizzard literally just shot themselves in the foot with the crappy response to barbarian nerf. It’s like they literally don’t want barbarian to ever be near the top. Especially if they let this crusader change go into season.

Blizzard continuously chooses to change things without proper testing because they prefer a deadline. Nev literally said this and now we are in a situation with thousands of people passed off because of the unfair barbarian nerf. Not only this, but blizzard then threw more wood on the fire by drastically overshooting the crusader buff. Like 10 fold.

We NEED proper testing for any major change. You change things and then you test things. That’s how it’s supposed to be. This 1week ptr, make changes and go live thing doesn’t work. It’s been done for the past few seasons and it seriously sucks.

I don’t even play barbarian and I feel extremely bad for them. They have been dumpster fired on and left in the dust.

4 Likes

According to Nev, they can’t do another patch change because it would be too much work and push the season start date back. /Rolls eyes

If crusader goes live in seasons like this then barbarians will riot.

If blizzard nerfs crusader without buffing barbarian then they are a liar and barbarians riot. Gg blizz, learn how to do actual testing

1 Like

That’s how Chant patch was rushed exactly like this, and then they did nerfed it after a damn heap of time, lying to us about some kind of “bug” they suprisingly found (after a months of changes like these being LIVE, rofl), but we know that wasn’t a bug, but a consequence of a 1 week short ptr cycle.

3 Likes

PTR non-seasonal, I did a GR123 in under 13 minutes.
Live non-seasonal, I barely managed a GR110 with 20 seconds left.
As if it needed confirming, the WW/Rend build is completely gutted.

2 Likes

Yup, and instead of letting barbarian feel strong like they did with the love classes of d3, they decided to nerf the build back into being meh.

and almost cleared. it’s just a matter of time of fishing.

Yeah well, one thing you can never accuse Blizz devs of being is “intelligent”.

I guess their gear keeps rolling with no main stat…

2 Likes