+15% Bombardment Damage

Quick question: does a 15% bonus to Bombarment damage increase Thorns damage as well, if Barrels of Spikes rune is used?

Or does it just add 15% to the Bombardment’s 2850% weapon damage only?

Yes it will increase both thorns and barrel explosion damage done by bombardment.

2 Likes

Fantastic.

Thank you.

Yes, since the thorns damage is dealt directly by the skill, the skill damage affixes do increase the thorns damage too. This is not similar case like Invoker where the fixed amount of thorns is applied to a primary skill.

As such the damage buffs from the updated Belt of the Trove and Mortal Drama should significantly buff thorns as well. I want to test how the LoD Bomb build could work on the PTR.

1 Like

I wonder if Iron Skin w/Reflective Skin rune will stack additively or multiplicatively with the new Belt of the Trove and Mortal Drama bonuses?

Based on your explanation, it seems to be a multiplicative buff…which would be very nice.

Reflective Skin is very strong if you play LoD Bombardment, but it’s not that good if you plan to use Invoker because the 300% additional thorns stack additively with Invoker 2p bonus.

The new items are all likely to be separate multipliers.

2 Likes

Iron Skin with the Thorns rune increases your baseline Thorns damage. Thus, it stacks multiplicatively with the two buffed Bombardment items, which also stack multiplicatively with each other.

However, do note that the Iron Skin Thorns rune stacks additively with the stacks provided from Invoker’s 2 piece stacking bonus. Thus, if you are using Invoker’s 2 piece bonus, Iron Skin’s Reflective Skin rune is not all that effective at increasing damage (Rather then a 300% damage increase seen with LoD builds, it’s simply an extra “stack” for Invokers, and as you can get up to 25 stacks, it can be less then a 5% damage increase for Invoker builds)

3 Likes

An extra note - If damage on an item is in blue text (Such as the +15% bonus to skills found on chest, boots, pants, belt, and shoulders, and occaisonally on other pieces), then it stacks additively with other blue text. Anything in orange text stacks multiplicatively.

2 Likes

That’s not how it works because there are legendary powers in DIBS (Damage Increased By Skills) category which includes the skills bonuses under primary affixes.

For example Strongarm Bracers and DH’s Odyssey’s End effects are both DIBS.

After a brief test I have to say LoD Bomb is nuclear grade. With poorly rolled ancients I was able to clear GR100 in 5 min and I was even trying.

With Akkhan thorns bomb crusader (with invoker 2p), I did 140 in 10mins first try.
Then I tried 150 and made a boss in 11 minutes. Took 6 minutes to kill the boss, but that was a bad boss with no pylon. I also got Orlash with 2minutes and a channeling. I misplayed so I failed it, but it would have been a clear.

@Blizzard, the build should be nerfed by 8 to 10 tiers to be in line with AoV.