1000 kill streak

What’s the easiest way to get the S19 1000 kill streak? Can it be done solo or do you need a group? I’m playing WW Barb.

1 Like

I have always done it in a group. Probably possible solo but more difficult to keep the streak…

1 Like

Edit: Cow level
Of course it’s the Not Cow level.
But beware the Uber Diablo.
It took me a long time to kill.
Used a WW Barb, needed to stay ranged, never standing still and avoid his spells.

2 Likes

Not the Cow Level. Go for the Cow King’s mob first (don’t stop to pick up loot) then just keep killing and do not stop, keep the streak going.

3 Likes

For solo, Cow Level, of course. But there are 2 types regarding mob density.
First is typical, with about 620 mobs in total. The 2nd one is about 1050. Just keep killing going in spiral and try to kill them ALL, including central event (about 150 mobs). You have a reserve of about 50 mobs, but it is not a big one.
Barb will die several times even with dodge and Gogok. Don’t do that in HC.
I found killing it with monk with Serenity much faster, 0 deaths. Of course, huge dodge helps as well.
But, except for some personal satisfaction, loot is horribly idiotic. So bad, so lame, few organs mostly and only rarely few cache material. So bad implementation for so annoying achievements for classes that have no total dmg immunity.

3 Likes

Thanks for your help…

I use the area that leads up to fighting Adria. I’ll run from the waypoint to the stairs that lead to her which should spawn a bunch of the little buggers. Then I just run back the way I came.

1 Like

In addition to everyone’s advice about using Not The Cow Level, make it easier by also equipping or cubing Nemesis Bracers, as you’ll get 4-5 extra mobs from each pylon in there (and there are quite a lot in there). That’ll easily get you over the 1000 (I think I’ve managed over 1100 that way before) but be prepared to die, a lot, as the UberDiablo has resistances to all elements, has 1-shot mechanics in melee and range, and a very large health pool.

1 Like

OK, I didn’t use Nems first try.

This used to be my fave spot for the Avarice conquest…but with the right GF gear stacked you can do it on almost any open map.

I tried the NTCL for the 1000 kills and got to 990 before i lost track of a mob and it dropped…

1 Like

The easiest way is the challenge rift (training area). Just kill the big training group over and over 'til Diablo appears.

1 Like

Really?? With those wonky builds you’re gonna take on Uber Diablo??

Yeah, just tried it, worked perfectly. Killed Diablo in a few seconds, too.
Thanks a lot!

now i’m intrigued…will give it a go tonight!

He basically just shows up, surrounds you with a pentagram made of fire chains and then dies. He doesn’t drop anything or anything like that because of how challenge rifts works.

Basically it’s just something to do to see what he looks like. I thought it was pretty cool despite all that.

Thanks, huertgenwald.

LOL - so basically pointless to do this way unless you just want the visual.

thanks Idolis!

Well, it’s not like he drops much if you do it anywhere else, e.g. a couple of bounty materials or one of each uber machine. Hell, there’s not even a Feat of Strength achievement for killing it. Unless it’s for seeing the visual, it’s not worth the trouble.

2 Likes

I tried 5x times not the cow level this way but always it’s missing 30-70 cows so i gave up to kill diablo on this season lol

1 Like

As others have said it’s not really worth the effort unless you like large repair bills. I did it once and that was more than enough. I went into Not the Cow Level many times after that (usually helping newer players get some loot) and actually went out of my way to avoid him.

I just add a link to my post in console D3 forum here:

1 Like