10 WD GR 150, 3 Crusaders GR 150 in Non-Season

I am not sure. You can check Blizzard’s blog.

Only accounts that have solo cleared a 150 rift with out the pandemonium buff should be able to ask for a nerf.

Until you can do it it’s not OP.

Blizzard nerfed crusaders and thorn necromancers and wizards in patch 2.6.7, 2.6.7a, and/or 2.6.8. I think that their ideas on balance are different. You can read their game balance blog post for more details.

What i am saying is not to follow it like bible its general rule of thumb only. Blizzard probably still semi unclear exactly what they want.

1 Like

I know. I thought Blizzard was going to do something based on their statements but was wrong.

They didn’t nerf AoV they addressed an animation canceling issue and put a cap on an endless stacking mechanism that did not jive with their new set.

They didn’t nerf Thorns they put a limit on a endless stacking mechanism that led to a play style they never really intended. (I ranked in this build in S17 and 18)

They didn’t nerf wizard as they closed the window on item interactions and animation windows which led to macro use and Vyrs for a attack speed bonus that they were iffy on when they introduced it.

The new play styles are not OP because of endless stacking items or animation timing. That’s the difference.

WW Rend is working as intended, SB is working as intended, AoV is working as intended.

Hydra is a bit janky I’ll give you that and it’s a shame that they killed LoD version out of the gate, but don’t bring someone else’s good time down because of others broken toys.

The only classes hardcore fans that has any room to cry is DH… poor bastards.

3 Likes

People still using the high paragon arguement? Do the math and understand that the difference between 5k para and 10k para is not nearly as big as you might believe. It obviously has a big impact, but it does not propel a build to clear 15 rifts higher. Use D3planner and educate yourselves please so you can all stop parroting that tired weak arguement.

Say Blizzard actually turned crazy and tried to balance according to that flawed data they presented way back, 130 rift with 5k para. Add another 10k para on that and the clear won’t be anywhere close to 147. It won’t even be close to 140. Alas, they were using all sorts of terrible clears in their data so obviously it wasn’t close to actually representing what 5k para can achieve. It was more of a mean performance based on questionable variables. Regardless, if they are aiming to balance the builds accordingly then 147 is too strong compared to the rest. If instead all they want is to make WDs OP for this season then they hit the sweet spot.

3 Likes

But note that he has every piece of gear Augmented with a 150 stone, and every piece of gear is Ancient or Primal. Primals include weapon, off-hand, Endless Walk set, and gloves. Though he pulled his gems from his gear, I’m sure those are rank 150 as well.
https://kr.diablo3.com/ko/profile/Lymph-1804/hero/79716301
So…what’s the point you’re trying to make?

And, is that how where classifying players now? Under or over 10,000 Paragon?

I’m still trying to get a Demon Hunter GR100 clear while I’m under P1000.

You guys need to let go of the envy, do a little objective observational research, and draw some conclusions based on a realistic point of perspective.

2 Likes

That the build is too strong? Cut his mainstat in half and he will clear 142-143. Especially since 147 is not the ceiling with his current gear/para.

1 Like

My point is simple. All builds that have cleared GR 147 no matter the paragon level, the augments, the legendary gem levels have been nerfed. WD have cleared this in less than a week after the patch dropped.

For two classes in the past, there was a grand total of 1 player for each class (necro and wizard) that cleared GR 147 or better and yet both builds were nerfed. They may change their mind but the writing may be on the wall.

Perhaps…

But if Blizzard makes changes to gear based on the performance of a guy that’s over 10,000 Paragon, I think they’d be making a mistake.

At this late stage of the game I can’t tell you what the mean Paragon level is, but let’s say it’s 5000. So Blizzard should take a look at the performance of all P5000 characters, and make changes based on that, not the exceptional and attention-grabbing outliers.

1 Like

Please see here:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23290575/[d3]-developer-insights-balancing-class-set-design-1-28-2020

How utterly tiresome, all this balance, nerf discussion has become.
Some of you state the 5k Paragon/gr130 goal and then you present a high GR clear made by someone with 10k+ paragon…

1 Like

There is a correlation between top clears and 5k paragon clears. This early data with top clears gives insights into how well a build can perform. The data will continue to mature. Prior experience demonstrates how early top clears will increase with time.

Statistics have populations, and outliers.
Stop taking extreme results as the mainstream.
Anyway it feels like many of us waste our words and time.

3 Likes

WD leave it as it is, otherwise in 4 players no one kills 150gr, as it will not be anything !!! All the characters I would leave, I just drag dh, necro and wizard on solo. And the possibility that 150gr could kill more characters.

1 Like

Top clears are definitely not mainstream. By definition, they are the top clears. These clears gives one an idea about the top potential of a build with presumably exceptionally well-geared character with high paragon can achieve typically with fishing.

If you look at Blizzard’s non-season 5K paragon tables, most classes make sense. In era 12, crusaders were the strongest class at the top and 5K. DH and necromancers were the 2 worst.

2 Likes

Good to see that you fully understand what others write. Yes I am being sarcastic.

Nevalistis
It’s more that Phantasm (specifically) is treated as a pet, which wasn’t really ever intended, but also isn’t something we intend to change. As always, we’ll keep an eye on odd interactions and make changes if something goes bananas. :slight_smile:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/ptr-starts-26-and-additional-thoughts/11817/96

Just remind u that wd was so bad like last 5-10 seasons - its ok for u that some classes was on top and disbalanced just remember necro when it released and wd was so back on every season… So let ppl that like wd or ppl that main wd or ppl that just wanna try wd - just let them have fun this time man - why u not whine about other disbalanced classes on another prev seasons - or u created topics about it just give me link pls.

5 Likes