10 Skeleton warriors and 16 Revives

This is what the Necromancer is supposed to feel like… to this day, I don’t know why the D3 Necro is so not a pet class, the WD does a better job in regards to pets and even that is far from running around with an army.

2 Likes

I think it’s simply due to D3 being very focused on action. Letting your minions do the job for you is basically the opposite of action, and they definitely didn’t want that in D3.

1 Like

And that is one of the big problems with D3, no variety. I know the ADD, enery drink pounding generation loses focus if they aren’t hitting every button every 3 seconds, but there are still some of us that enjoy a lazy pet build once in a while.

1 Like

Look at this proposal

Its all backwards here. The most succesful and popular summoned pet class is… the Monk :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Both Necromancer and WD in D3 are capable of running around with a lot of minions, the real issue is those minions don’t perform at the level players would consider them viable.

5 Likes

It pains me to say it, but the PoE minionmancer puts the D3 one to shame :frowning:

I agree. I really liked D2’s melee and mage skeleton army. I wasn’t as much of a fan of the resurrected mobs, because if you intend to have a lot of them you need to be constantly resurrecting monsters, but at least they did have some efficiency.

2 Likes

None of your “proposals” have ever been popular. Take a hint.

I prefer to take my ink.

Not really. I would prefer lesser number of minions but stronger.

As for WD, isn’t that he has like 1 big dog and 3 small gargantuan in the late game build, which it lesser than Necromancer who has 7 skeleton warriors? Or I missing something here?

I mean, if you counts fetish as a part of minions, then you should included skeleton mages as well for Necromancer as you can summon 10 of them easily, which make that Necromancer has 17 minions fighting for him.

But just a poster said in this thread, it is that minion build is just not viable in higher level play.