šŸ˜ˆ Diablo 4 Should Be It's Own Game (With Elements Of All Diablo's) D4 ā‰  D3 or D2

They could make the power coefficients small like in BL with their max level progression. They could reduce the the number of power categories, they could make it 100% cosmetic, they could randomize the categories like BL. There are tons of ways to keep do it and keep it interesting.

Google FIN-2013-G001

I suppose it was just coincidence that the auction house closed down exactly 1 year after this was issued.

Iā€™m sure you will come up with another mental gymnastics routine to ignore such logical reasoning.

No but you gave a source and this is the first Iā€™ve seen of this. I would still like to see numbers one how much people made off the RMAH vs how much was made on off site sellers from D2. Iā€™ve seen plenty of people here commenting that many made livings off selling items which I am in doubt of.

YouTube is littered videos showing people making a living off of the RMAH. One Echoing Fury sold for nearly $10,000 USD. Iā€™d say that would indicate that anyone flipping items on the auction houses and/or botting could make a living from it.

thats the deathblow to ever having a RMAH, easy;
-now we can talk ingame trading: ok, iā€™m against any form of it.

And there are plenty of stories of people selling D2 items for up to $5k . My point is I doubt it was as widespread as some here believe. I never claimed items didnā€™t sell high or no one made a lot, just it wasnā€™t significant.

You got a source on that?

Google I made $5k over 3 months on selling D2 items.

And my bad it was $5k on multiple items, but still it was well known players were selling rare items for good money on ebay and other non official sites.

Even though you no doubt had players that made a lot of money off of it. But Blizz didnā€™t get as much money as you would think. In order for them to do that then the players would only receive about 10% of the money from the transaction. Blizzā€™s fee for RMAH was very small. It was only one dollar per item. It didnā€™t matter how high the item was.

This added in with the fact that there was a lot of hatred for the real money auction house means that auction house didnā€™t make as much money for Blizz as some would think. I highly doubt that more than 30% of the gold auction house users used the real money auction house. So the chances of having that AH pull in a lot of money is highly unlikely.

I doubt that it grossed what two months of WoWā€™s (at the time the auction houses existed) during its entire lifetime in existence.

I was reading ove the law, and I think it is coincidental. Maybe Iā€™m missing something, but I donā€™t think it would have really effected D3. Not to mention, they could have kept the RMAH inactive for another year, especially if they were making enough revenue. The law seems more aimed at cryptocurrencies and actual crime. I could be wrong.

Just want to point out that ā€œKadalaā€ is a concept taken from D2. In D2 you could gamble for items, and gambling for items is a very good way to get good gear!

The Kadala reference could also imply using a different currency for gambling instead of gold.
In D2 I spent most of my gold on gambling and didnā€™t even view the vendors since the chance for a good item whilst gambling was far higher than finding a good item in the vendorā€¦ even the base items went up with your level and near the end of act 1 Gheed would have items far beyond others. I like the gambling mechanic, but I wouldnā€™t want it to make vendors utterly uselessā€¦ although that seems to be a common occurrence recently.

ahhā€¦ Griswold and Adria, you truly were the greatest merchants in santuaryā€¦

I was going to add to my post: The only difference between Kadala and the merchants that allowed gambling in D2 is that with the gambling merchants in D2 you had to open and close the trading window multiple times. The only thing Kadala does is eliminate the need to open and close the trading window in order to ā€œgambleā€ N+1 times.

They should be using a modern engine so that it can take advantage of current technologies and is capable of much more than its predecessor.

no grifts. its exactly the reason that diablo 3 died.

Completely agree in regards to loot. Constant reward and flashing color completely ruins novelty. Iā€™ve been experiencing that in D3 and its such poor experience.

1 Like

Theyā€™d be fine if they didnā€™t utterly invalidate other modes from the efficiency meter.

I suspect they are doing just that, making a new game but with elements from previous games.

As far as items I donā€™t see any problem when compairing Diablo2 vs 3.
I prefer this to the utterly ridiculous drop rate of runes in Diablo 2.

One thing I would like to see in Diablo 4 would be more than 6 spells. At least 8 would be preferable.

/cheers

I agree regarding increasing spellbar slots but you must be kidding about D3 free best loot for every run you make.

Well no, not entirely.
Look it should a bit harder, I agree. Right now the only thing that is a kind of restriction is the vast item pool, with time and some luck you get past that fast though.
After that we hunt for better rollsā€¦
I was thinking of some of the most powerfull runewords in Diablo 2 that seemed exlusive for botsā€¦ Seemed so weird that some characterā€™s had all the gear in place whith such powerfull items when finding one rune past well Mal was almost impossible.
Anyway I hope they will bring in the best of two worlds, plus some new to blow our minds away.
Btw it would be fun to get back the crafting variant from Diablo 2, it was fun to get some amulett or gloves that really stood out and was truelly unique.

Like more people has said not all things in either of them was perfect.