Natalya's Set - Updated - S28 - Feedback

Still not sure why it couldn’t have just been a rework of Rain of Vengeance.

5 Likes

Actually, the generator makes sense. If you’re in the middle, Evasive Fire/Hardened gives damage resistance.

Now admittedly, I’ve only ran 125’s but here’s my set up.

Nat’s Helm
Nat’s Cloak
Captain Crimson’s Pants and Belt.
Aughild’s Shoulder’s and Bracers
Nat’s boots
Nat’s Gloves.
Nat’s Ring
Elusive Ring
Dawn and Demon’s Demise

Gems: Gizzard, BotT, Stricken

Evasive Fire/Hardened
Spike Trap/Custom Trigger
Vengeance/Dark Heart
Smoke Screen/Vanishing Powder
Companion/Boar
Caltrops/Bait the Trap

I put Vengeance and Smoke Screen on Numlock so that’s I don’t have to worry about Elusive falling off.

It’s pretty smooth and I’m able to stand in Molten Explosions and so on without dieing.
I am paragon 4255 though. I’ve tried a 130 but have trouble killing fast enough. But 125 is always a success.

Edit:

Want to add, that half my equipment is non ancient or ancient but unaugmented.

According to the set description, Spike traps explosion will blast enemies toward the nearest Caltrops. I can not see this happening.

What am I doing wrong in this short clip?

1 Like

You’re using the Lightning Rune. It’s broken with the set. Try Custom Trigger or Echoing Blast, you’ll have better success.

1 Like

Either way, it looks much weaker now. And if that’s the case, Blizzard isn’t going to fix damage.

At least the set dungeon is stupid easy. Even easier than the original one.

1 Like

I think if ST auto triggered Caltrops where you cast ST, and give the dmg buff to ST, on enemies effected by Caltrops. So you put Clatrop all over the place instead of under your character. Would make the pinball effect and mechanic more sense.

I went in and tried this exact setup exactly as you showed and still they do not pull correctly. The rare times it did pull it was only one.

1 Like

The description on the set is wrong. It says something like “pulled toward a set trap” when it’s actually pulled toward a triggered trap.

I believe that’s where the confusion is. You also don’t want to hit caltrops constantly but when monsters start to break away. You then want to set the traps under the ones getting away and then explode them. That’ll pull them back to you. But remember that pull effects build cc immunity, so you don’t want to do all the time.

Well, it remains extremely clunky and frankly not remotely fun to play currently.

11 Likes

I get that. But I don’t see them changing it before season starts. I’m hearing some folks saying, as the set works now, it’s balanced somewhere between Shadow and UE as far as DH sets go. Which for a reworked set is no bueno. People expected Tal Rasha like performance and the set just isn’t in that league like at all. Which just sucks.

2 Likes

Thankfully it is not the gift set this season and I won’t have to play it at all. It’s a shame tho as I really enjoyed the PTR version of it. It was also about the only build that my handicapped friend was able to reach higher GRs with.

10 Likes

Yeah, DiEoxiDe said in his stream tonight that “they decided not to make Nat’s GoD 2.0 so they instead made it the Original Shadow 2.0, so it still doesn’t have an identity.”

There’s things they could do to make it more powerful like activating the lightning rune and some other things, but it’s just not a “casual” friendly set with the way it is now.

1 Like

I tried it in 3 GRs, and it was the most annoying thing ever to try to get the mobs to stay on the traps while backing off for Zeis distance.

On the RG (Erethon), I could only get maybe 1/10 set traps to actually hit him because every time I vault away he rushes at me.

Most annoying set to play ever.

Also, the mobs are only blasted toward “Set” Caltrops, so if you want to try to group the mobs up, you can set a Caltrops and then set the traps under the mobs, but if a mob wanders up and sets off the Caltrops, then the setup is wasted, and you have to start over again. RGs can not be moved with traps toward Caltrops.

3 Likes

At this point, do we know if the rework is going to change anything to the DH supp?

You’re trying to play it at range. When they changed the set, they increased it’s toughness to make it a melee range build. The idea is to stand on your caltrops, then cast your spike traps around at the enemies around you, detonate them to bring the mobs to you and then fight them face to face.

Yes, I know that’s not how DH’s are supposed to play, but it’s the way the set works now.

Should it? I don’t know. Most everyone wants to play a DH to be a ranged character not a pretend barbarian or crusader. But it’s what we got.

Caltrop should be cast anywhere instead under yourself, and auto casting ST.

3 Likes

It could. I mean, the caltrops are a pixel pull and with custom trigger you can use Entangling Shot to detonate your spike traps. So a 4 piece Nat’s could make it’s way into a zdh.

I also hate it, and do not plan to play it at all this season :frowning: Will stick to GOD and UE (and may be Marauder for pushing)…

1 Like

I keep saying, they should use the common practice of a standard business. Outline, Discuss with the people in the know and who are directly affected by the proposal, back and forth on paper until pretty much everything is sorted in advance.

You don’t just implement a version of the entire new system and then have workers turn up and say “What the hell is this?” And then when they half work it out and give crazy all over the place feedback, you don’t just change the system completely again and implement it and have them turn up just in time for a deadline and then they have to deal with whatever you decide.

No. You outline, you discuss it with the people in the know who will be affected, and you come to an agreement. You let everyone know your proposal and if there is huge backlash, you go back to step 1 - Outline and feedback with those in the know. Then when most people are okay with it, you test it over a couple of days before fixing anything broken. Then once the trial is done, you do a full launch and then fix bugs.

You don’t just launch something without discussing it, then deal with backlash and testing and trying to fix it over 5 days and expect the end result to be awesome.

Outlines solve most of the work before you even start. I just don’t understand how they don’t comprehend this fundamental concept of how normal businesses work.

1 Like