[Guide] Raekor Ancient Spear

Reminds me of how powerful valor was at the start. Everyone took travelers, esoteric, every defense passive. That turned out well!

Anyways, not sure I agree about the facetanking. I was going to start pushing again today (almost 2k para) but the double bounties just came into play, lol.

Dear math barb, what is the better option between these two Skular’s? Assume all else equal.

1. 4.5 CC / 200 % modifier
  2. 6.0 CC / 192 % modifier

I’m leaning on the second one because I like the look of 6.0 CC better than 4.5, lol.

They’re very close, but the higher affix roll is a little bit more damage (about 0.8% more).

1 Like

Rage and others - I am interested to know the distribution of your mainstat paragon points to best take advantage of the low-life damage buff mechanic. What kind of health pool are you running around GR140 with?

I’m running with about 6000 Vit, both on my season and non-season character. Obviously, my total toughness is higher in non-season since I also have more Strength.

1 Like

I just tried something interesting. Instead of the whole esoteric thing, I put invigorating gemstone in and cubed stone gauntlets. That, with warcry equaled a 1 key 132 lol. (seasonal)

Not pushing yet just wanted to try something out.

That’s an interesting combo. How much healing were you running?

nothing intentional other than typical fury related stuff

the icing is the crowd control immunity rather than extra healing

Which bracers you use on that one?

Skular salvation bracers. I used captain crimson/endless walk/bom. I just switched out esoteric with invig and APDs with stone G’s.

It’s really tanky though. Not sure I even need warcry. Might try falter instead.

1 Like

I’ll have too give that a try as soon as get back from my trip.

GR126 down…

–=[ EDIT - GR127 down ]=–

5 Likes

Grats. You not a num lock guy, Meteor?

Nice job, MB! You got a particular end point in mind, or just going to keep going until you run out of steam?

Well, the 126 was around 14 minutes, the 127 was around 12, so there’s still plenty of variance based on what maps / mobs / pylons I get, I guess. Neither of those clears had particularly good maps, and the first one didn’t have a conduit so I think there’s probably another 1-2 GR levels in there before I have to farm some more paragon. I don’t know if Raekor’s just not as popular on EU, but I’m surprised to be at 150ish in the overall leaderboard (think the 127 was around 130 or so Raekor leaderboard). Not like me to be this high up except 10 minutes into a PTR or an Era reset.

I’m still running with Zei’s, but might have a try with the Esoteric or the Invigorating / Stone Gauntlets version too.

There’s an abnormally low % of people playing Raekor all over, compared to how strong it is. That’s probably a result of:

• High skill ceiling
  • Hard to stay alive at low paragon
  • Less good for speed XP/Gear than Monk or DH
  • A-tier rating from Maxroll

As a result, there are way more 140+ clears with Inna (211) than with Raekor (41), even though Raekor is obviously stronger.

I tried out the Invigorating setup earlier today. Seems… decent. Failed a 131 with that, then 1-keyed with Esoteric. With SG, you’re tougher vs Physical, weaker vs all other damage types than you are with Esoteric. So your preference may come down to whether you feel like you get killed more by mobs punching you in the noggin, or by elite affixes.

Or, you may be happier sticking with Zei, which after all does a bunch more damage, assuming you don’t spend too much time being dead!

1 Like

Inna is just more complete a build. I started barb but after I got geared up I switch to monk to get XP. I never really played the cold version other than to farm keys before the fire nerf. The quality of life it has IS AMAZEBALLS. It has speed, toughness, damage, utility. Literally everything. I have a clan mate who did a 139 with inna with like 1700 paragon. It’s great at everything except super high pushing.
Reakor obviously has a much higher ceiling. It is a lot harder to play. Is glass cannon & takes a long time to master. I think a lot of people will push with it near the end of the season, especially players who have a Z barb.

Yea Inna is just a much easier build overall. I wouldn’t have an issue running 2-3min grs with it whereas I struggle to go lower than 3-4mins with raekor.

Raekor is still more fun though!

GR128 down…

4 Likes

I saw that you got the 150, congratulations!

GR 150, 3279 paragon, 14:51…

One hell of an accomplishment. That’s the lowest paragon anybody’s ever done a 150, without the help of a powerful seasonal theme, by far. The next lowest would be pre-nerf Bone Spear, which did it with around 4500.

What’s next for you? Lowering the time? Playing other builds?