Bought D3 years ago with CD key, says I have starter edition

As the title says I have bought D3 years ago and used the key. Now when I tried to play the game it downloaded and launched the starter edition, when I checked my blizzard account it says I have the active account status. So basically I’m confused.

1 Like

Starting in the “Starter Edition” is usually caused by using the wrong e-mail to log into the launcher (Blizzard BattleNet Desktop App)… you need to use the same e-mail that you used years ago when you first activated Diablo 3.

If you cannot remember that e-mail address, or if it doesn’t work, you will need to contact Blizzard Support; account issues cannot be resolved on the forums due to security and privacy concerns.

Refer to the conversation below for more details:

That only means that that account has not been banned… it doesn’t mean that there are licenses attached to that account.

I have the same problem now, I bought the game and now started it up again and I says Started edition. Same email.

What else can be the problem?

Hello,

Please do not bump several posts with the same issues… it makes it hard for the person responding.

As I said above,

Starting in the “Starter Edition” is usually caused by using the wrong e-mail to log into the launcher (Blizzard BattleNet Desktop App)… you need to use the same e-mail that you used years ago when you first activated Diablo 3.

When you first bought Diablo III, you registered it to a Battle.Net account… you have to use the same Battle.Net account to play. Using a different Battle.Net account, even under the same name, won’t work.

If you do not remember what account you originally registered your game under, you will need to contact Blizzard Support with a ticket. This type of issue cannot be resolved on the forums (account security and private life concerns – Blizzard will need to verify that you are the owner of that license).

You can reach Blizzard Support here:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/diablo3/289/969/solution

Click the Contact Us button at the bottom of that page to start the process.

Note: Your BattleTag shows that you are from Europe… so that link I gave you will bring you to the Europe region Support.

If you still have the Authentication Key code for the game, do include it in your ticket… it makes finding your license very easy.

Good luck with this.

1 Like