Zax´s Item Finding Guide

@Zax, for the new FOHdin what would you recommend to run on budget gear? I was thinking pits

Corrections:
Where to find items > Other ways to get items > Vendors:

Normal Act III

Nightmare Act I

2 Likes

I will certainly find out on my journey and report about it in my walkthrough for guide but:

My current plan is this:

Playthrough should be mostly fine, little bit problematic will be time before I will have Foh probably. What I was thinking was to invest points into concentrate and holy shield. Holy bolt+foh is 40 points so i will have ± 50 more points to distribute so i will into concentrate, holy shield and smite. I plan to use act 5 frenzy merc fully boosted by my maxed concentrate. He should be basicly able to kill anything on his own on normal and NM with me just supporting him with conc and holy bolts.

I would like to make lawbringer on off hand for him eventualy but it depends on what i will find in my way. I want to make some runeword or hoping to find something with cruhsing blow so i can destroy bosses with smite and cruhing blow.

For farming? I am not decided, but pindleskin certainly looks as good choice. I have to check location with only demons and undeads to pick something best. I could certainly end up as hammerdin, but he suck in my opinion if you dont have enigma.

Pit looks interesting, lower HP monsters and only demons and undeads so great for holy bolt/foh.

The reason I am ignoring conviction and synergy for for is because I dont think single target foh lightning dmg is not worth investing so many points and I will rather have hybdrid holy fighter/smiter so I can even do ubers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx , i fixed it :).

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about it, and for this purpose IMO it’s just best to use the word “level” or “quality level”. E.g. Mephisto can drop weapons and armor up to quality level 78. There is no need to bring up and misuse the concept of Treasure Class here. Nothing is added by calling it “TC78” really, there is no value in knowing how items are grouped in “atomic” treasure classes by 3 levels - in this context. You just look up the quality level on arreat summit and see if it fits.

but there already is quality level and its used for what can drop from monsters based on mon level.

ah, the set\unique or magic prefix\suffix quality level. It may confuse things, but IMO it’s important to know. However at least this does not misattribute any terms. And quality level of base items is an official term, available on arreat summit.

Often times you have to use the word treasure class to explain real treasure class things, like why countess drops 1 rune at p8, or why ghosts have higher rune drop chance, or why duriel drops so many TP scrolls.

1 - stylistic error (rings\amulets\jewels are plural, next singular)

2 - forgot Thunder Maul.

Ah yes, good catch, I was thinking that i forgot something but forgot to check all items just to be sure :smiley:

Other base items with multiple unique versions:
Mighty Scepter
Scourge
Legendary Mallet

3 Likes

Damn i knew this :smiley: idk what i was thinking lol

I’m betting “Just… One… More… RUN!!!” :laughing:

It was more like I was finishing few parts of guide late night and i just wanted to have it completed to post it and organizing it everything together with some forum tools was so exhausting.

1 Like

Ohh…

Guessfail! Doh

1 Like

Documented. Organized. Informative. Awesome!
Through the sea of complains and /player 8 requests, a truly constructive thread! There is still hope for this community!

1 Like

Nicely done, thank you Zax

1 Like

Yeah I am thinking to not engage in discussion like that anymore :slight_smile:

Anyway: My paladin playthrough is going well, jsut done Tal rasha tomb and duriel normal :slight_smile: I have never played this new build so its really fun.

2 Likes

LOL look at this amazing ring i just found on playthrough:

Imgur

1 Like

ah man you organize gems almost like i do. Except i do right to left, and don’t keep skulls - they are useless but give double the gold.

1 Like

Well they are Pgems just like any other for cubing, but i keep skull for playthrough because of inserting them in merc weapon when i need leech for him.

1 Like