You want to fix/buff Assassin? Here is actually how. (Basically a minor class skill rework)

Death Sentry helps alot. But I would definitely like to see the blade fury skill pierce and blade sentinel have a larger hit radius. It was refreshing to play a “melee” build that didn’t care about ias and hitting a certain frame cap.

But I agree I think my “hipster gamer” personality allows me to overlook the annoyances of the build :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Idk if it was mentioned before, but if you change the dimension of an item, i.e. to make 3x1 weapon 2x2 first you will need to create new model for it, which is the easy part. The more tedious part is to prevent the bug which will occur when a player enters with his old character in game and realizes that his old claw-class weapon which was stashed in his private chest now is missing. I guess even a CTD might occur somewhere, nonetheless I’ve never experienced CTD when changing item dimensions myself. So its a tricky wish in a way…

1 Like

Honestly, might be able to work around it by just creating a new equivalent to the fist weapons that’s 2x2, swapping them in all treasure classes, etc. so the old 1x3s no longer drop. Let the old 1x3s (max 2 sockets) still exist so it doesn’t disrupt anyone’s existing item.

4 Likes

There’s 2 folds to your problem

First of that blade sentinel DOES NOT always hit. They do rely on attack rating even tho it may not display the AR numbers

Second of all blade sentinel has a 25f NHD, meaning a mob will only suffer dmg/effect from blade sentinel every second, even if the animation showed that 5 blade Sentinel are hitting the target.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t make it clear. I think the skill SHOULD always hit. Since I lumped it in with other existing skill features I see how my wording was confusing.

1 Like

A larger radius, always hit, greatly reduced next hit delay, and combined with new claw runewords would make a blade sin pretty fun to play. I

t’s already a neat idea since it’s basically a spell that scales off your weapon damage, but it so clunky and really needs help to be “good” compared to most builds.

2 Likes

Yes and I think this will be my last point on bladesins. Because it scales off weapon damage and because claw mastery does work with it. You see rare claws that most people would trash. And you see weird weapons most people honestly forgot about. Eth stormlash w/ ber is pretty close to GG until you find or buy a huge damage claw. Fleshripper is what PvPers use because of the stack of very useful on hit effects on it. In PvM it’s still a budget alternative to stormlash.

One of the biggest flaws as far as equipment goes I think is the build is dead in the water until you get phoenix. Then the phoenix redemption aura messes with your death sentry so you want low level redemption high ED.

It’s really fun but between the QoL grievances and the gear idiosyncrasies I can see why people would stick with easier and quite frankly more fun builds. But to see only firesins this ladder really wounds me. Necro and sin are my fave classes and they are by far the worst…

1 Like

Actually i do not think you need phoenix at all to be functional. Altho I agree that it would be the ultimate final choice if you want absolute power.

Theway blade fury works is mainly on the skill itself. The dmg by skill itself already equal to 2.5 grief. Weapon helps but it is at 75% capacity. You can use cleglaw set and defeat 8ppl hell ancient.

I did try doing a blind run with a blade sin through normal.

A couple things I did find that worked in its favor.

Shadow Warriors LOVE spamming blade sentinel, and use the damage value of YOUR weapon, not hers! Which is great since unlike shadow master she can only spawn with blue weapons. The Shadows refusing to cast blade fury is pretty bad, though.

A claw with 3 ith runes at character level ~20 does a ton of damage with claw mastery, 3 ort runes in a claw give blade sentinel even more so. Ends up clearing way faster with less mana cost (combined with shadow warrior spamming her own sentinels for more AoE) compared to say wake of fire as it scales harder early on due to the fact nothing in normal has phys resistance for the most part and last much longer compared to the short lived 5 shot wake of fire.

Mid-Nightmare difficulty is where the build falls apart due to all the above mechanical and class skill complaints that just make it not enjoyable to play. Honestly, even with its super low scaling damage from skill points, if it just had a faster next hit delay (like 4-8 frames, i.e. 3 to 6 hits per second) then it would be fine.

I just built a bladesin as my last char this ladder, currently at lv 77. All i need is 3 pieces of cleglaw with hsarus belt+boot and i am going all the way thu hell absolutely 0 issue. Give it a try and you will know.

1 Like