You haven’t connected in the last 30 days. Start the

I was inactive for some time in my Diablo 2 Resurrected account, and after a few months I want to log back in and when I log in to my account the following message appears:
“You haven’t connected in the last 30 days. Start the game while online to see any login agreements.

I’m starting the game from battle net and I’m connected to the internet as usual… since I’ve been inactive for a long time I can’t log in anymore? I really hope that is not the case, since I paid for it and I was never informed that it could be blocked for not logging in

I hope some answer or way to correct this please,
thank you

3 Likes

This can happen if you take a long break from the game where the authentication cookie on your system for the game expires and you get stuck in a sort of weird authentication state.

The easiest solution is to delete that cookie and then relaunch the game to authenticate again.

Open File Explorer (Right Click Windows Start)
Type the following into the Directory Bar (not the search bar)

%localappdata%

Navigate from there to Blizzard Entertainment\ClientSdk

Delete the Cookie.bin file.

Restart the Desktop Application and game client to connect and re-authenticate.

2 Likes

This is not fixed yet, i accidentaly click on the solved checkbox, but the problem is still here, this is what i have done so far:
-Uninstalled and then re-install the game , this time in English (not spanish)
-I released the IP and renewed (to avoid server connection problems )
-I added D2R.exe to the exceptions in Windows Defender (to prevent Windows defender blocks D2R.exe)
-I added D2R.exe to the list of apps tha tcan comunicate in private and public networks through the Firewall( to prevent the firewall blocks D2R.exe comunicate with the server)
-I removed what i have in folder Blizzard Entertainment ( under %localappdata%) to delete the cookies
-I open the game from BattleNet(which i started as an admin)
-Still not working!!!

Please help i cannot play the game I paid for…
Thank you

1 Like

I play D2R with 3 friends all the way through Normal no problem. Now I want to continue on Nightmare level and this is where the problem came up. It’s the strangest and nothing I’ve done has fixed it. To date (March 21, 2023):

1. Ran scan and fix to verify no game file corruption.
  2. Uninstalled game, deleted the Diablo II Resurrected folder in Program Files (x86)
    Full re-install (did not help).
  3. Turned off anti-virus and Windows Defender firewall to make sure nothing being
    blocked for Battle.net access.
  4. Upgraded from the 527 to 531 (newest) Nvidia graphics drivers. Tried with and without
    physX enabled. I have a Geforce 2060 Super with 8 GB ram.
  5. I even have a 2nd Internet link so I tried switching ISPs so my computer has a public
    IP address so not behind any router firewall.
  6. Created a 2nd Battle.net account to see if it was a server side account corruption.
  7. Tried starting the game without sound.

Nothing solves the problem. 2 other computers on the same LAN that I played D2R normally all the way through are still running Nightmare difficulty and startup perfectly fine. Only difference is that they both have AMD GPUs. But it is not a graphics problem.

Here is the weirdest part. When I run D2R.EXE if I do nothing and just wait a very long time, over 6 minutes at least (I never timed it) the startup black window the game runs in turns to a gray window. If I continue to wait a few minutes more (about 10 minutes or so) then it finally actually starts the game. From that point forward it plays 100% normally. I can play my level 34 necromancer and everything is normal play. If I exit the game and restart I have to wait about 10 minutes for the game to start. While I’m waiting it ties up my 8 core Intel cpu so that anything I do in Windows is delayed too. For example, I can go to the start menu and choose to run CMD.exe to get a command prompt window, then wait 2 to 3 minutes before it comes up on my screen. Same for any other function or program, I can launch my browser, then have to wait several minutes before it actually comes up. But once D2R is at the main menu everything is 100% normal again, Windows 10 Pro is 100% functioning and no reboot is required. So far I haven’t found any log file that shows anything useful in pinpointing what the problem is.

I have no clue why D2R.exe is taking forever to start the game and no command line options I’ve tried make it work normally. It’s the damned thing I’ve ever seen any software do. After I exit Diablo II Resurrected I can play other games 100% fine. No Windows reboot is required so Windows 10 is not being corrupted in any way that I can tell. It does act like there is a communications fault accessing the Battle.net server in North America at startup yet once the game does start everything is perfect and normal.

I’m stumped on this problem.

1 Like

i have enough of this i bought the game last year about 4 a 5 monthe a go i could play once i had to stop after about 15 minutes after that it was done now i want my money back of this sh** game .

Yes, I agree that Blizzard has some major bugs in D2R. But this one takes the cake on what is causing such a huge delay in starting the game.

This is a issue for me too, cannot play the game at all.

I have also tried deleteing the cookie.bin file and some other things, nothing helped.

1 Like

I am getting the same error message, and have tried a lot of things. Basicly I can’t play the game I payed for. And Blizzard is silent about it. Unacceptable!

2 Likes

Habe den gleichen Fehler und alle lösungen im forum funktionieren nicht… Bitte um Hilfe.

What is this, I have the same issue and I cant even make a ticket for it…

I tried what Kershew said but doesnt work

Me too,Somebody help me?

I also have this problem. I have a 16 core and nvidia 3090, so I’m going to try the waiting game mentioned above.

I haven’t been able to play in a year. I’ve tried everything as well

I’m having the same issue as well. I have tried the steps that Kershew suggested and it hasn’t helped. I’ve also tried multiple game servers. That hasn’t worked either.

Getting same error, just returned from season 3 for it to tell me i have not logged in for 30 days…Wish blizzard was the same it was in the 90’s, this poopy is for the birds to pay for a game and not be able to play it is just rediculous. I think the one’s that have not been able to log in and play the game should be able to get diablo 4 for free or compensation for the amount they payed for the game.

I was under the impression the accounts did not time out from inactivity. I would love to see a dev chime in again on this serious bug and or error…

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Tried all the fixes above. Was planning to play a little D2R and then buy D4, but worried I won’t be able to play D4 either.

edit: Uninstalled D2R again and now battlenet doesn’t even know I own the game. Shows it as one of my games, but doesn’t give me the option to install it. Wants be to re-buy (actually re-re-rebuy) it. Garbage.

1 Like

I just installed Battle.net app then D2R and keep getting this same problem. Tried all the tricks/tips listed. D2R works in online mode only.

Found a Solution, switch regions your playing in load the game then exit, and change region back to the original it should let you in after that

1 Like