You have not been online in the last 30 days. Start the game while online

Today I tried to login to D2R for the first time on my PC and for several hours I have been getting the following message: “You have not been online in the last 30 days. Please start the game while online to check for any login agreements”.

I’m definitely online in my Bnet client since I can also chat with people in my friend list. Following the advices in other posts I tried to change region, but that did not help.

One thing though, I recently moved from EU to the US recently. But before the release of D2R, I was able to connect and play to the old version.

Another thing, I’m able to login and play from my Xbox (but that is not a bnet account I guess).

Update:

I am able to reach the main menu with “press any key to begin”. I press and I get past the first “connecting to Battle.net”. At the character selection screen, I select the “online” tab, at which point I see another “connecting to Battle.net” message followed by the error in subject.

[SOLUTION]:
I was able to fix the issue. After uninstalling the game, the Bnet Client showed a “Buy” button which I used to buy the game and then everything worked. For some reason it had initially allowed me to install D2R even though I only bought it on Xbox, maybe because I was in the beta so I assumed that it was a buy-once-play-anywhere type of game. Needless to say, it wasn’t the case and I had to buy the PC version.

I am having the exact same issue. Trying to connect to Americas, playing from the east coast of Canada. My PC has no other connection issues with any other apps.

1 Like

PiT,

Usually when I see this when someone starts the game for the first time, it’s because they’re starting the game with the Diablo II Application in their Diablo II folder. Do you get the same error when you try to launch the game from the Battle.net Desktop Application that you originally installed the game from?

I was able to fix the issue. After uninstalling the game, the Bnet Client showed a “Buy” button which I used to buy the game and then everything worked. For some reason it had initially allowed me to install D2R even though I only bought it on Xbox, maybe because I was in the beta so I assumed that it was a buy-once-play-anywhere type of game. Needless to say, it wasn’t the case and I had to buy the PC version.

Thanks for following up on the issue. Not having the game would also definitely cause this error. Glad you’re all fixed up, though!

Im having the same issue, it tells me to start the game while online because I haven’t been online in the past 30 days. I am online, I purchased the game through the Battle.net desktop app and I launched it through the app as well. I tried uninstalling and re-installing as well as restarting my PC.

Having the same error here aw well. Just started up the game too…

Edit: Figured out what it was for me. I had two battlenet accounts. I started a new one without realizing I had a really old one still around. So I didn’t notice I was in the old account and initiated the game install from there. So even though I was allowed to download the game, install it, load it up. I technically didn’t buy the game from that old account, I guess. Anyways, logging back in on my new account where I did purchase the game resolved it. Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Having same issue as well, pre-ordered it 2 months before release, played both beta’s and still have not seen the character creation screen for the game yet.

DBOSS911 here
Hey I was just wondering if you had found a fix to this issue?

I bet it’s a filter of some type. Either a thrid party or a firewall. That’s what it was for me anyways. Disabled the internet filter I had to install thanks to my child(growl) and all was fine.

Edit to add: Dboss - you don’t have to spam every thread about this issue. That could get you a forum vacation.

Changing the Date/Time to 1992 worked for me!!! Its not a perfect solution at all but at least it works

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? Purchased the game last night, was really eager to play d2 again and now this. I have read the other posts and nothing works for me. Thanks.

Also getting same error, and no fix has worked that i have seen anywhere. I can login from my friends computer though, just not my own

I have the same issue. I uninstalled the game after trying everything to get logged in, and after uninstalling it’s asking me to buy it again? I’ve played the game for months and bought it back In July before release. Now i can’t even install it again because it wants me to buy it again!

I’ve only played the game on PC. Would really love for this to be fixed.

Well, it just happen to me, cannot login, stuck at D2R logo, logged in here, on mobile and PC. yet the game crashes or stuck with this nonsense