Woohoo, first really good item!

I would for sure socket the helm, but my guess is you should put a facet in it. You can go the ist route, but -res is a huge factor in your damage. Then again you’re on P1 so maybe it isn’t entirely necessary, but you could sacrafice damage elsewhere to get MF rather than in your griffon. Like by adding 7MFSCs instead of a skiller, you might lose a bit of damage, but you’d still now have that -res from the facet.

I’m not sure why you’d need a perfect rolled spirit currently? When going for the 105FCR BP it might make sense, but you don’t need to focus on it for a light/CL sorc.

Never thought of facets, thanks. My mistake on the Spirit, I will clarify. I needed it to be 32% to hit 117 with SoJs in each hand, mine was only 27%. After about 10 rerolls I got it to 34 so I’m good there.

Obviously with an Occy/Eschuta’s I don’t need it, but with CMoon, I had to have 32 or better on the shield.

Then for your current build you’re probably nearly good to go which would be pretty good. I’m not a fan of eschutas, while it does offer some FCR it’s damage is lesser than cmoon, and you’d probably always be better of chosing a HOTO over it. Occy is somewhat of a lesser HOTO, but has MF perks as well as an open socket. Either way the slight tiny advantage of +dmg from eschutas never is worth it IMO.

Thanks. I will socket the Occy today and put an Ist in there… that will ensure a facet drops in a timely manner lol. Time to visit the moo moo farm in the ongoing quest for Infinity runes. Maybe Trav when my hork buddy gets online.

Sounds good. Remember for cows damage is probably best, for things like farming meph or trav or pit you can switch your build to more MF.

Edit: And if you can getting to a slightly higher player count can be benfital.

1 Like

how is ist even an option? mf matters VERY little for end game. i can see putting ptopaz (or an ist i guess…) in a shako to find a griffs, but once you have a griff… you really don’t need much mf. your kill speed will make up for it.

facet is #1 choice. then res jewel / um… maybe a Ber if you need Dr but i’ve never seen that. lol.

I did put an Ist in the Occy and then I got an Ist in the first run of the night lol. As I understand it, so long as I stay at or above 117 fcr, I’m good. So while I’m using Occy I can put on Chance Guards instead of my Trangs.

Funny how it all comes down to runes in the end. I’m a Mal and an Ohm away from CtA. Wonder if a Cham can help with that.

How do you handle mules? I have 24 slots taken and organized by class and item type; Barbmule, Zonmul, RuneMule, etc. Do you just get to a point where you look at an item, know it will never be used, and thus never save it?

basically. for ME PERSONALLY. i only keep things i know have either . HIGH VALUE - or something i need for my char or another build.

the only exception is like, GG lvling gear. so low lvl items with +res. certain items like a stealth / sig set good to keep around. but i’m not keeping griswolds set or any pieces of ik set. if i have 1 15% tal belt, i do not bother keeping any others. most low sets aren’t worth keeping.

but for some reason, i love low level uniques. give me that rixot keen and biggins bonnet :stuck_out_tongue:

is it me or is it raining runes (and drops) in TZ (SP) ?

A cham can trade for a portion of the ohm, not really sure about the rule value raters in the current ladder. But IIRC cham was worth like 75% of an ohm at times.

As for mules I tend to just make them as I go. I tended to go with low rune mule, spirit rune mule, then in the old days I did belts+armors, weapons, boots but it depends on how much you want to horde. I liked to keep them fairly separated though. I don’t separate by class type becuase a pair of war travs could go on anyone, meanwhile they’d always be slotted in the boots category.

And yes at a certain point I throw out the lesser stuff or give it away free. You don’t need 5 25-28 all res vipers when you have a 29 and a 30.

1 Like

Man, Andy being terrorized makes all the other TZ’s look like crap. I farmed her with my barb friend probably 30 times during the Catacombs TZ power hour, got a 3/3 Light Facet out of the deal that’s in my Griff now.

I finished my second Token now so I’m “considering” going Nova. I can kill stuff now with Nova and it’s not maxed, nor is the synergy, I have to believe if I actually maxed it, it would be nuts. Do you have to go full ES with Nova? I’ve seen some builds that split it Energy/Vit.

You could go VIT, but ES I do believe is simply better because it works with nova no? I’m not sure 100% what the synergy is there, but it is a VERY common build. And it lets you face tank most every thing in the game. As for you killing with nova without anything else max’d remember, that the biggest influence in damage it holding an infinity in hand with that build, then again on P1 that might not be needed as much, it is just saying that some of the defense of nova, is how fast it can kill.

And yes, I’ve heard that andy is essentially a gold mine TZ. When I was still playing it was one of my favorites because on the way you’d hit several good packs of mobs and she is an easy kill.

Well I did it, and though I’m pretty tanky, I just can’t clear like my L/CL can. My L/CL sorc and do anything, Nova can smash certain areas faster, but I died in places the other spec wouldn’t have. Will probably swap back and wait for Infinity.

nova is just bad imo. it’s nice they opened up another “viable” build but honestly, i like lit / chain lit way more cuz you can keep your distance if you need to.

I’m giving it a day or so. It appears that you have to just get the jump on everyone to make it work. If I can do that, everything’s dead. Different playstyle I suppose. I miss having the safety of distance lol.

With BO and ES you shouldn’t die? I’m fairly certain you can jump in the middle of a pack of cows with zero issue even on P8. I’m not sure how you spec’d but dying shouldn’t be your issue even if you’re lacking some gear. The only issue you should have on a nova swap would be doing less damage until you have infinity in hand.

sounds like your playing soft core so who really cares right? :stuck_out_tongue:

i just got my hc sorc to 97. i dunno if i’d make it with nova. haven’t tried hah.

Indeed softcore. My hat’s off to you HC folks. I don’t have enough prayer in my life to deal with that journey. I’m trying to at least hit 91 before i become a bit reckless.

i’ve just played the game a bit too much. softcore doesn’t do it for me. gotta have something to get the blood pumping while playing. those near death experiences can really make it flow !

Ok so Nova is working really well now. I’m wearing CMoon again, and put on VMagi to get back to 109 fcr. With CMoon and the 105 breakpoint, everything’s just melting before me. It’s pretty disgusting. I can’t be reckless of course, but for the most part, it’s just orbital waves of death.

Debating whether dumping chance guards for Trangs so I can put Ormus Robes back on is worth losing the all res and skill point VMagi offer.