Will there be account problems with -direct -txt?

Few days ago I used Ladik’s Casc Viewer to extract d2r files and use them with -direct -txt. No files were edited or modified, just pure extract and direct use. It has reduced my load times by a LOT.

Reddit post where I got this method said that this extracting needs to be used every time a new patch is launched. My bnet launcher does patching automatically and if I’m not sitting at laptop it’s easy to miss when it happens. There should have been a new patch yesterday? (I think) I did not do the extracting again but am still able to login and play on bnet like nothing happened.

Is there some kind of version/file checker for bnet that will tell me that I need to update my d2r (extract files again) or I will be flagged for using edited files (old files) and have problems (ban…) with my account.

Please tell me what to do, I don’t want to jeopardize my account.

Howdy!

We don’t support this so we wouldn’t recommend doing this. If your load times are slow you may consider the following:

Thank you.

Thank You for the response.

My laptop configuration is on the edge, I can run the game and have it working OK with legacy graphics, I live in a country that has average monthly income of about 350$ so upgrading to a new PC just to play a game is not an option.
I will get to it when it’s possible.

The method that I used was recommended by your poster streamer - Mrllamasc to reduce load times and improve fps.

I get that Blizzard is not supporting this, but if I do this will my account be in violation of TOS and banned?

No you can do it. But the result you see now. It just doesn’t work right again. FYI there is a new video on YouTube how he fix the problem.

I never said I had a problem, unpacking files again will get me to the latest patch.

My question was about why was I able to play with outdated files and will that flag my account for violating TOS. If there was a mini patch that went unnoticed due to my automatic patching and I just continue to play will that flag me.

Hi, same question here. My PC is a complete overkill for D2R (ryzen3600, 32gb ram, nvme gen4 drive, 3090rtx).

Nothing helped me speed up my D2R like the texture unpacking method advertised a.o. by MrLlamaSC.

Since blizz supports a.o. MrLlama - could you please confirm this will not result in false positives and a ban?

We are not modifying game files, injecting memory or hijacking processes /packets and “-direct -txt” is an official option enabled by Blizzard.

Example of the loading speeds you get with unpacking:

Still need an answer to this question

You will get no answer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.