The issues that have plagued this game since launch? Mercs just running off on their own to die a lonely death? Mana burn bug? Minion pathing?
Some other issues that probably aren’t bugs but should be addressed like the Hammerdin’s absolute positioning needed in narrow areas like the Maggot Lair and the massive penalty for mercs dying by suicide in hell would be nice.
I haven’t seen any of the big issues that have existed since the original launch being addressed in the PTR so I assume those aren’t bugs but features?
1 Like
Check the patch notes again, they’ve actually fixed a lot of long-standing bugs that the original team never did. Some of the big ones I was really shocked and delighted to see:
- Fixed an issue where Sanctuary aura was not granting its bonus damage to Undead
- Fixed an issue where using a skill could be interrupted if a player dodges, avoids, or blocks while executing a skill.
- Fixed an issue where skill bindings for OSkills wouldn’t persist after dying and joining a new game
- Fixed an issue where fire enchanted monsters were doing too much damage in Nightmare difficulty
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to miss their attack when using melee skills against enemies that are just barely within striking range and moving away
And a bunch more, these are just my personal highlights. If you’ve been playing for a long time, all of these should ring a bell as pretty significant issues that were always in the original game and that most of us never ever thought would be fixed.
I bring these up not to say that the issues you listed aren’t important (they are, especially mana burn!) but to give you some confidence that they’re obviously aware of legacy issues and have been fixing a lot of them alongside any new development.
3 Likes
I cant even beging to imegine why this wasnt fixed 15+ years ago LMAO.
I know right? And a level 20 sanctuary is 720% extra damage to undead, that’s pretty massive. Actually pretty excited for this, since I can’t afford high end runewords and want to get more use out of something mid-tier like Lawbringer (600-660% damage).
1 Like
I did see those… and those are surely important to fix… mana burn is the one bug I would want to be fixed before anything else, however. It’s a significant bug. I wonder however if they don’t fix some of the long-standing bugs (like mana burn) if they just don’t see it as an issue. The absolute positioning for the paladin isn’t a bug from what I can gather, but it would be relatively easy to remap the concentric circles of the blessed hammer to hug 360 degrees on the body before beginning their concentric loops outward. This would solve that particular nuisance.
I guess I am just disheartened by the fact that they had the opportunity to fix these issues when the relaunched the game (resurrected), but didn’t bother.
Definitely keep pushing them on things like mana burn! That bug makes melee even more miserable than it already was, and I swear it spawns on fully half of all unique packs in Hell. It makes my Frenzy barb frustrating to play. And it should, in theory, be one of the simpler things to fix. (Of course, I could be wildly off on that, not being a developer, so forgive my ignorance if I’m wrong.)
But, I think it’s okay to be a little more optimistic. Maybe it won’t be in 2.4, but it doesn’t seem like 2.4 will be the end of fixes. There will be other minor bugfixes, and a 2.5, and so on - I’m pretty confident of that. I’d estimate the odds of mana burn getting fixed eventually are very very high.
For more complex issues like minion/merc pathing and AI, they’ve talked about making some improvements, but I suspect a total overhaul that would bring it up to modern game levels is not in the cards. Hopefully they can continue to tweak some of the more annoying aspects of the AI though.
2 Likes
At this point I’d just be happy if they fixed Cain so he can identify items inside the cube again. It gets mighty tedious having to drag stuff out to ID all the time.
2 Likes
I wanted to build an immortal sorc… until I came upon my first mana burn monster and got insta-fuuuunked up. 
LOL… i notice the mana burn on my paladin and barb more often than any other classes (obviously due to the mechanic requiring the mob to hit you). What is an immortal sorceress entail?
It’s built around setting up an extremely efficient Energy Shield to negate a huge amount of incoming damage. But that means getting your mana pool nuked in one shot due to the bug can be fatal.
I agree with mana burn that is a big one. Can’t imagine what it’s like for some melee. I started off with an ES Frozen Orb Sorc and the only time I really died was when I was mana “burned”.
Can’t believe this hasn’t devolved into a debate yet, although it’s only a matter of time. There are actually people that support bugs not being fixed and remaining in the game.
1 Like
Mana burn needs fixed. It’s ridiculous that ~6,000 mana can be instantly depleted in one hit.
1 Like
Ouch… yeah, that is just nonsense. In my days working for an online game company (not one of the big ones mind you), any bugs that were found were immediately addressed (if not with an outright fix, with acknowledgment and a schedule). That this bug has existed for this long, and wasn’t fixed when the game was remastered is mind boggling. I began to think it was a “feature not a bug.”