Why is not game lobby still fixed?

Dude, why are so full of hate against streamers lol?

I dont agree i play non ladder and still find a hand ful of games.
I can make my own baal run game and it will fill up by the 3rd run.
So yes please fix the lobby. Also if they planto do new stuff in ladder season people will come back.

I dont really care about bots and RMT.

Bump. The games list still sucks. It shows nothing but old games. Remove the cap of 20 games, give us a search function, and let us filter to see newer games.

3 Likes

I experience different issue after ladder start. I constantly see exactly the same games even if i refresh few times.

I refuse to believe that there is like 20 games in the whole EU especially that my friends see different ones.

Wild guess here but can the issue be connected somehow to how you get placed in lobbies?

Of what i can confirm that there are many lobby channels for specific region/language f.e. i play polish version and me and my buddies are being placed in different lobbies. I am in an abandoned one where theres 2-3 players and they’re in lobby that is 10+.
Can this somehow affect the way you see game?

I see reports that people don’t see games or noone joining is theirs.
I crated some baal runs offering to teleport and there was noone joining.

Whole lobby and game search needs overhaul and fixing the way it worked in old D2 which was better.

Same here and I know that there are more games around, when I find a meh game I often just copy the name, afterwards I try to find a better one and even though its not in the list after the first 4 refresh or so I can simply enter it most of the time.
They just broke the lobby, over 20 years of progress but Blizzard still cannot make a lobby work like Blizzard North did back then…

1 Like

Any plans to fix game lobby list and in game chat?

when can we have a response?
Are you planing on fixing anything related to the lobby?
Hour long games seen.
20 games shown.
And alot more
just give os and yes or no.

1 Like

its “working as intended”.
By that they mean regional IP lock where you see only games created in your area instead of continent wide games in one whole server.
I dont know what blizzard got in their head by thinking thats a good idea to distribute games in different regional servers instead, you got to have a screw loose to do that.

Even temporary fixes will be good enough. Adding “topics” to the channel drop down: Baal, Cow, Chaos, PVP, Quest, etc, etc.

This makes the online mode actually feel engaging and active just as it did in 2002. Discords just aren’t good enough. Can you please at least do this so we have an alternative to the games list which is extremely unreliable in its current state?

the other day i saw a game of 24 hours 22 minutes long in my game list, even refreshing i keep getting this exact game. Please don’t say it’s working as expected unless your purpose it’s to bring the worst experience in “game search” to the players.

I’m really bored of press “refresh” button and see the same list of 10-15 diferent games for minutes and minutes until i see 1-2 new games and repeat the process.

DON’T DARE to say it’s working as expected, don’t insult our intelligence.

1 Like

To be fair they were saying that manaburn bug where like 256x the normal amount of mana was burnt was “working as intended” for 2 decades, and finally admitted it was a bug and fixed it after like 22 years. Maybe when everyone here is a grandpa they’ll fix this one too

expecting a blue post is like waiting for your “dad” to come back after “going to go get a pack of smokes” … it ain’t happening.

Good news. They are patching it!

3 Likes

Kinda interesting when you think about it. They had stated in the past, that the system is just perfectly fine, working as intended. lol

Thank god, this lobby was SO broken, SO bad…I really did not want to play any longer.

However, the current ladder is over imho. Economy wrecked. Really think, they could implement this patch with another wipe lol.

It’s a nuanced statement. Just because something is working as intended, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s working at peak performance. Probably was intended as a band aid to keep servers running smooth as possible until better solutions were implemented. Just like how queues and rate limiting were implemented; they worked as they were intended to do; keep the servers from falling over under load.

1 Like

Well it was working, but improvements were required badly.

Honestly its too late for me, i was expecting this announcement first week of ladder. And thats not the only issue, there is also no trading system in game and we miss character slots badly. Bots not being dealth with also. I already moved to offline. Lets see if they manage to do something with it for next season.

They made clear that THIS was the solution they wanted.

So, is the game population still so low it can be used for an excuse to not fix it? [Hmmmm, it worked before just fine. So why did you guys break it?]

If it is, go figure out why people aren’t “flocking” to it like you thought they would.

Maybe, too many bots?

Maybe too many spambots? [But you wouldn’t know that, employees don’t “hang out” in chat to see this]

Maybe ladder season is set to bot/D2 store life and profit time periods and not to reality? [4 months is a damned joke, only bots hit 99 like we see, and no that llama guy doesn’t count] Ladder season needs to be like it originally was, 1 year. Player based progression that have lives and not bot/D2 store based.

Or maybe people realized their expectations for blizz living up to their word and listening to players just wasn’t what they hoped for?

Seriously, ya’ll need to get your act together. No one, based on this performance is gonna flock to D4 or Immortal or anything else you come up with until you do it right and fix things in your older games.

You have lost consumer confidence. Now you have to EARN it back!

here to complain chat should not be filled with spammers
already repeatedly reported many of them and my list keeps maxing out and i have to do this again.
i don’t see why game maker could not permanently mute those accounts similar to the old title.
also give classic/hardcore users an indication of their core/version/ladder, so when people ask something in chat there is no need to go to global rank to figure out whether i could interact with them.

game is great but can’t use chat in lobby is a step backwards, the lack of private lobbies greatly reduce interest when spammers non-stop spam and interaction with other users.
d2 i grew up with aren’t meant for speech to be censored but expressed. these bots needs to go asap.

1 Like