When is D2R ladder reset (if any) and why is D2 Classic and D2R on separate servers?

Does D2R have ladder seasons like in the classic? If so, when is the reset date?

Also more importantly, why are D2R and D2 Classic on separate servers?

1. Yes
  2. They are separate games.

Any idea when the reset date is then for D2R?

If they separate games, that means D2R was reconstructed from scratch? I got the impression it is just an enhancement to the original since you can toggle between the classic graphics vs enhanced, or is that just a graphical technique applied to the new one?

They run on different versions of battle.net. D2 runs on the original Bnet while D2R is on Bnet2. Which is why D2R can handle logins that original D2 can’t. No VPN for D2, but I believe D2R permits a VPN (don’t know, don’t use VPN).

D2r is A fraud anti-consumer trash product

I’m assuming battle.net is for the network aspect of the game. As far as how D2R was made, I believe according to a development diary I saw on D2R, it was pretty much rebuilt from scratch by building on top of whatever assets they could recover, mostly from code employees of the original d2 took home and kept. They used this copy, which contained almost everything and just built D2R, so it is a “new” game built from scratch I guess.

This also tells me that since it was a new project built from scratch, I am guessing blizz now has no problems adding and removing things from D2R as they please, such as the “Terror Zones” I found out about, which I am not a huge fan of. I know its been confirmed they would not add microtransactions and such, but if they wanted, they can at anytime.