WHEN is d2R Ladder release?

When are we suppose to seee when the ladder release date is? What is the hold up and when is the estimated start?

2 Likes

Maybe when their side gig from the unfettered RMT spam starts drying up, they will implement basic fixes which should have happened before launch to the innumerable bugs most of which were reported during beta. Following this, if they buy servers which can compete with the dialup connections of 20 years ago, we might be ready for a ladder announcement.

1 Like

yeah exactly but when is the guessed date?

Not until late January if everything is on time. Thatā€™d be early too.

i get we all want ladder. but all of use players need to not have such high hopes of ever seeing a ladder for D2R.

yes i know the latest post from blizzard states they will have more info about this around december if i remember correct.

why im saying this is cuz WC3R has a post about ladder coming to WC3R posted back in june of 2020 over a yr later still has no ladder nor a date to when it starts. imo there is a very slim chance D2R is going to get a ladder

dont get your hopes up on this.

there is no guessed date. read blizzards latest post it tells you right in thereā€¦ your asking for a date not even blizzard knows this yet

you do know the severs are not the issue. the orginal datebase code that D2 used is also being used for D2R. this can not handle the traffic of modern day onliine gaming.

if it where the severs then yes buying more severs would fix the issues of online play. thats just not the case here.

What would be the objective of having ladder? Unless they create some Season features similar to D3, D2R ladder atm would be pointless.

You do know that youā€™re extremely guillible. The original database code is some really obtuse and meaningless jargon. D2 character files were 9kb and the structure and code has already been altered to provide for different stash size. Does a simple SQL query struggle to I/O 9kb of data? For what reason do you believe itā€™s ā€˜original codeā€™ which is causing problems when they also pointlessly detail their contrivance of a singleton central server creating a bottleneck between all ā€˜regionsā€™? Occamā€™s razor suggests they are simply skimping on server costs. Feel free to embrace the belief that itā€™s sheer ineptitude, but donā€™t blame ā€˜original codeā€™.

1 Like

LMAO orginal dev david brevik has touched on this being an issue. along with blizzard posting in forms explaining this. the netcode being used in D2 is the orginal code from D2. this code can not handle the traffic in modern times. there where far less players back in the day vs now. this old netcode cannot keep up with online traffic demands

which is why the 60 sec ques where put in as a temp mesure (so they say). the software can also be why the severs seem to have issues. in this case its the softwares netcode not the severs at fault here.

lol yup thats why players where lossing items after having them in shard stash bud. and blizzard released a patch couple weeks ago fixing this issue.

orginal database/netcode structure was not touched. had it been your point about stash size would have some wieght to it. it doesnt at all with the fact blizzard had to patch this a month after release.

I said it was altered, not that they did it correctly. You can place items into coordinates which were invalid before, save and exit, they are still thereā€¦ unless you stacked 1x1 objects with enough mods such that their bitfield causes your file to exceed an arbitrary limit. Which was a well known bug from the original, hmm, if only they had years of prior knowledge of such an issue, or some sort of feedback for the other bugs which were discovered during the so called ā€˜open betaā€™. Drat.

Embrace your ignorance with all your might. Cling to it lest you be flung dizzyingly into the abyss. Regardless of the state of the ā€˜original codeā€™, Activision-Blizzard undertook the task of creating D2R. The bare minimum standards a reasonable end user would expect, as well as that which was promised, is sorely lacking.

ThIs OlD nEt CoDe cAnNoT KeEp Up WiTh OnLiNe TrAfFiC dEmAnDs. Meaningless and absurd.

Weā€™re all just chumps who will nod our heads that over the past 20 years UDP/IP has gotten slower, database protocols less efficient, internet infrastructure weaker, and itā€™s the player habits of this unchanged 8 player setup which has suddenly rendered a 9kb file to be written to a server SO expensive that with file storage cheaper and faster than ever, we must give up our INFINITE character space to a queue gated cap of 20.

Oh, itā€™s just that old net code you know, I feel so sorry for these brave souls wrestling selflessly with it. I mean, the new graphics sure are amazing right - that must double ā€¦ maybe even triple the overhead of the unchanged underlying internet protocol. I mean, look at this - I can zoom out, and I can zoom way in. Check out that detail! The bitfield containing my item properties has definitely scaled in size proportional to these pixels. Oh, I just wish all those entitled new age gamers would stop making so many magic find games, they are so selfish!

1 Like

Never, until they fix this mess

1 Like

Blizzard told us it was original codeā€¦ And back then multicore processors werenā€™t a thingā€¦ That IS the issue.

In short throwing more power at it is not possibleā€¦ As more power would require clock speeds that cannot be reachedā€¦

In 1999 clock speeds were peaking at 1.8ghz we now see maybe 5.4ghz using liquid nitrogen.

That is not a sustainable clock speed. So letā€™s say we can get the clock speed to 4.5ghz that less than triple the clock speed.

We have more than triple the player base than OG d2 did as itā€™s a worldwide batabase now and not broken down into regions.

There isnā€™t more POWER to be thrown at the servers as the code CANT run on multiple threads it doesnā€™t have a clue what multi threaded is.

Oh so THATā€™s the thing. The unchanged code has magically become threaded now and itā€™s those darned multicore processors giving that bottleneck singleton trouble - shoot! Hot darn better just give up on all the features and perks which existed 20 years ago because thatā€™s how progress and advances work.

Yes, blocking me after such an ā€˜explanationā€™ is the surest way to cement the legitimacy of the nonsense youā€™ve just posted. We need to overclock our servers, which are ā€œNOTā€ regional to handle protocol which is unchanged since the dialup era. Impossible to reach clock speeds high enough for reliable transfers of 9kb data because of reasons. ITS NOT MULTITHREADED but we can also NOT ADD MORE SERVERS because OVER CLOCKING AND LIQUID NITROGEN.

This is all very different from those simpler times when players only existed in USWest, USEast, Europe, and Asia; now we have GLOBAL players who are NOT on regional servers; they simply have to log onto the region servers of the Americas, Europe, and Asia. One cannot fathom the amount of liquid nitrogen being applied. Whenever one of these players opts to change regions and the 9kb character files are flashed across the genius bottleneck of a singleton global database, the unpaid interns at Blizzard HQ all draw straws on who must offer the blood sacrifice of a newborn child to draw the dark force to accomplish the otherwise impossible feat. This must happen in real time mind you, so please excuse the log in queues.

I am so thankful that you were around to educate myself and others.

1 Like

Edited my post to explain in more detailā€¦ Noty problem if you donā€™t understand blocking you but maybe others can be educated

actually it seems to be running pretty well of late. at least for me it has. i died once because of lag but thats just the wonderful world of diablo.

How many times per second times how many players are you calling it?

The primary focus of that PTR will be revolved around fixing database issues and stabilizing our online environment. Once we are confident these fixes are in a good place, weā€™ll share more details on Ladder rank play and even more new changes coming to Diablo II: Resurrected.

The same interval it was being called 20 years ago

1 Like

There is so much more than lag or queues to what has to be fixed.

You have info on number of global players on battle net now vs 20 years ago?