What's the most frustrating level range for you?

95-99
Just way too annoying

What you are describing is the way it’s always been.

When a lvl 25 is in Hell Chaos runs, with lvl 90’s in full 8 person game, he will hit lvl 70 in about an hour if games are back to back and low level doesn’t rip.

However, a lvl 70 running lvl 5 - 10’s in normal trist runs is a waste of time.

I’ve played D2 every season since 2007, until D2R launch.
I automatically know what works and what doesn’t.

D2 is not a simple game.
It is quite complex.
It is deep and wide with aspects many people still don’t know about.

hey cool, i’ve played since .07, started from D1 and followed my friends over time to d2 and then d2 LoD

I still cant find an image of white helms, but I remember the rivalry in open Bnet between whites and blacks(item colors, not races). I remember bonehew for mercss, and ebotd hyperion spears/GPA’s, insight came out and made merc more utility than extra dps

Blizzard has nerfed and changed so many aspects of the core D2 game, that I barely recognize it now.

They have screwed up the game find lobby.

The way it was in original D2 was better than it is now in D2R Season.

The level range most frustrating is the level you are at where you hit the wall and can’t go forward in quests because of your gear/choice of skill placement.

This can be almost anywhere between 1 - 99.

20-24. If you don’t kill every monster on the way, you end up in act 5 somewhere with levels 20-24 and get 0 xp in act 5 because their monsters have too high level.

So you either skip act 5, get ancients to 21 and then do cows - this is super fun, but not that many classes can do normal cows at that level effectively.

Or you find some boring slow way to get XP in normal (Tombs? Flayer jungle? Battlemaid Serena?)

I wish act 5 normal had slightly less monster levels, overall. Its levels are higher than act 1 nightmare, which is wrong

none, because i understand how to level properly at all stages of the game.

Running solo, I usually hit Act3 lvl 22.

Again this is all solo.
Then I run lower kurast, kurast, upper kurast and travincal several times.
I’m at lvl 25 quickly.

By the time I am killing Meph I am lvl 25 and have respected.

For me lvl 22 - 25 is fast and much fun compared to the lvl 1 - 20.

oh my issue is with running solo exactly. In a party you get more xp and it’s quite possible to have 25 or even 26 by act 5 (if party does most of the side quests and doesn’t skip act 3)

I started my HC playthrough with my sorc. Honestly, I don’t like to be rushed in HC or to play in 8p games early too much because she’s weak and is going to die. So I killed everything on my way to diablo and finished every quest. She was level 27 by then. Once I beat Dia and reached Frigid Highland WP, the rest was a cakewalk. You just got there, kill Eldtrich and Shenk, start the game again, repeat. She was lvl 30 in no time. Afterwards, it’s a cake walk for a sorc. At no point, she was weak and frustrating. The only annoying part was chugging mana pots nonstop.
Of course, if you aim for frozen orb until level 30 and don’t respec, well, don’t be too greedy, I’d say. They exist for a reason.
BTW, you get just as much exp doing tristram and tomb by yourself. Try to clean all tombs and have a look at your level afterwards.

Really annoying is for a barb to make the transition from double swing to frenzy. Without bo and enhanced damage from frenzy, barb himself is way too squishy and hardly deals damage in earlier levels.

Chaos Sanctuary and Diablo himself are way too hard to beat in normal. Most chars in HC are in legit danger to die there either to the minions or dia himself, even twinked. So any skill which helps to deal with him at that stage is the most annoying level to achieve.

My review is a bit more HC centric today but there, you notice problematic issues first hand.

It’s great honestly. The one thing that annoys me about diablo is how durable his bone prison is. Basically trying to destroy it is always pointless.

The other potential issue is his crazy high block chance, but it’s mainly an issue on hell.

There are also ways to abuse diablo with some skilled plays. He is really easy when he is slowed (cold). It is much safer to fight him outside his pentagram too.

1 Like

I did tombs to 29 on a holy fire paly lol

He can 2hit KO you sometimes as a melee if you aren’t careful. Hell Diablo is easy. There are lots of tricks for hell diablo but in normal, even if you go full vita and block up to him, you are in real danger of dying.

Idk, I don’t really get frustrated while leveling, I enjoy all the levels and the whole journey, it’s fun.

Hmm, there are three for me, the first 20 levels , again 65 to 80 when you are gearing up and just starting to try and farm hell. Now if level rushing in games it is not so bad but at 92 you hit the point that leveling takes for ever and if you die you waste an hour or two of work. So the last 7 just always suck and each time you level, it feels as the next level takes more than all the levels before it.

To almost @ll:
Why do you always rush? Ancients with level 20?!? Even if I only play directly the quests as fast as possible (without any non-quest dungeons and lower-levels.) I NEVER would reach the ancients that early…

To topic: wiith players 1 (I almost always play solo…) level 24-30. That’s realy a torture. On normal play, I don’t reach level 30 before act IV… Often even not before I get to diablo. So I normally play again and again the same areas, until I reach level 30.

On a basis? Act III… I realy HATE that act. Normally, I’m searching for hours just for the waypoints. I HATE searching… That you are between level 22 and 28 normally in Act III on normal difficulty is a negativ bonus…

My 1st character (always a melee Pally of some sort) I played SSF though hell before going into public games.
I also do not rely on respec’s.
So, anything under lvl30 is slow, as, I’ve stock piled skill points waiting for holy shield(24) and fanta(30)… so finding weapons, or open socket weapons/armor is vital.
And the jump to hell is always a real struggle.
My second character, once I got to hell I said frig that, and went trading for gear… made for a much better experience. I was amazed at the level of gear kind people would “give/donate”.
Yes, it is a very slow process.

1 Like

My melee pally is never first, the TP farmer comes first so I can level the pally with ya old raven claw and holy fire. Makes normal mode easy and by time you falter, all the early game rune words come into play.

i find a lot of good gear for lowbie characters in those “free here” games, so as i find stuff i like to clear out my stash and pay it forward the same way.

1 Like

“Trist runs” are noobish

how so?

you can join them at level 1, and it’s a fast and fun way to start off a new character and build up a little gold to snag some starting vendor gear before you break off and quest out act 1. sometimes you get lucky and snag some uniques or rares, or low set pieces like sigons or isenharts