What the point of this test realm?

The ptr is pointless since the bots spamming games won’t do so in the ptr :joy:

1 Like

You sound particularly nettled.

I’d suggest taking a deep breath, stepping away from the forums, lying down in a bathtub of meatsauce, curling into a ball and pretending you’re a meatball. It’s very relaxing and therapeutic. I’ve been told you can also just do it with milk and pretend you’re a cheerio and get the same effect, but I have yet to test this.

I’m on Jared’s side in all this.

Ya’ll are nerds

2 Likes

I agree.
Why would anyone want to test anything for Blizzard again.
They released an unfinished game, and want us to Beta test it now,
Again!!!
We already did Beta months ago.
Not our job to fix a product that they decided was ready for release.
They will never learn their lesson this way.
Buyer beware should be the mantra with any Blizzard game now.

4 Likes

Hit the nail directly on the head!

1 Like

i am buying the game, why i test the game? also nothing new in the ptr…

customer : buying a car, deal ,
factory : good more ppl buying car, let them be a tester… oh look they not crash and manage to arrive at home safely…

1 Like

Talk about unjustified self-entitlement.

Knowing how to play a game, is NOOOT the same as knowing how to test it. Go ask ALL those people who joined the QA forces thinking they’d love it because “hey, I’ll just play all day.” Virtually all of them figured out the hard way, it’s nothing like it.

Designing the basics and protocols for a test like this, requires being highly qualified in multiple, complex fields of work. ESPECIALLY for such a large game.
Programming and its ramifications, are a very demanding discipline. A lot of people just aren’t smart/skilled enough to handle programming.

So, if you can’t figure out why the tests are needed and how they work, even after reading the notes…

What’s more likely? Their entire department is a bunch of inept workers?
Or you just don’t know enough about the relevant fields, to judge things FROM THE OUTSIDE?

Because you not being part of the company, also means you lack the basic inside scoop in some way.

This is about as rational and coherent as someone who only finished high school, believing they can topple the research of thousands of experts regarding… Well, anything. Basic science, vaccines, etc.

It’s not an acceptable opinion. It’s just delusions of grandeur motivated by “the company must cater to MY needs specially” self-centered immaturity.

The biggest problem with what they need tested right now is really they need it tested at the same level of players as we had at launch.

Hopefully they are also able to try virtual testing methods and can simulate larger play testing on their side.

1 Like

the point was to test a PTR server environment dude! You cant just throw a patch up on a PTR to test if you dont know if the PTR is even working correctly dummy!

It’s more about people fail to use their eye and brain nowadays, they just want everything spoon-fed to them.

2 Likes

Exactly, it seems a little pointless.

it looks this ptr is to test login / logout and game creation for 3-4 weeks.

I figured that yep, might be pointless as they do not have enough traffic hopefully they are simulating the traffic somehow

I don’t usually use the forums but is it always this toxic. Thought forums usually have safeguards to prevent this

Yes forums are always toxic, social media itself is a cancer to society i warned people about this for years. I only on diablo 2 forums, because i play d2 and d2 mods a lot.

Forums can be toxic due to the limited thinking purists that continually attempt to suppress the advancement of D2R. But definitely not as bad as social media, a cancerous tumour literally destroying humanity.

Uses toxicity to explain why the forums are toxic. Brilliant

3 Likes

take this post as an example of this

True social media is the worst

Only stating the truth pal.