What merc and gear do you guys like to help your sin

I play dragon talon kicksin i use holy freeze act 2 nightmare merc with eth fort andys and insight whats your thoughts on new act 5 hell merc

Act 5 merc can be useful for the spec, but his ability support isn’t as good as the Act 2 merc imo. You can give him Lawbringer for Decrepify, or a Phaseblade with Amplify Dmg, and he’ll provide mediocre support for you, but mostly he’ll just be a beast on his own.

But personally for a kicksin; I like to use Act 2 Might Merc with Reaper’s Toll, and whatever other gear I can get on him, preferably Fortitude+G Face/Vamp Gaze/Andy’s. The Might aura boosts the dmg of your kicks while also beefing up his dmg a fair bit, and then Reaper’s Toll’s Decrepify curse increases your kick dmg by 1.5x damage, boosts the physical portion of Death Sentry’s corpse explosion, and it also breaks almost all physical immunes in the game.

Thanks for your reply, is that 1.5xdamage for kick a hidden thing on it what about infinity eth one

ah sorry, I wasn’t clear. Reaper’s tolls’ Decripfy curse reduces enemy physical resistances by -50%, which equates to ~1.5x(depending on enemy base phys resistances) more dmg to your physical skills. The curse also slows enemies by 50%, so you slightly retain some of the benefit the holy freeze merc was providing, albeit the area of effect is not as large. But he should be cursing the enemies you’re fighting, if you use teleport/dragon flight to control his position.

Infinity is useful for melee chars, because it almost completely removes an enemies defence, which results in a huge attack rating boost that you don’t see in your stats sheet. It also boost the fire portion of your DS corpse explosion, but Kick’s aren’t elemental, conviction doesn’t work with poison/venom, and kicks already have really high attack rating. I don’t think infinity is as useful as reaper tolls for a kicksin, and low stat non-eth reapers toll’s are very cheap to trade for, but are still extremely powerful; it’s all about that decrepify curse.

Ty i already have non eth reapers ill try that on him tonight

act1 frost arrow

insite on a nice +3 to zon skills bow.

She has the best CC in the game.

My main caracter is a trap sin.
I like the act2 holy freeze aura (cc and add cold damage), using a infinity a andy visage (with 15ias and 22fire resist jewel), and eth fortitude (i did several tests with fort x teachery, and realize fortitude is definy better). Is good to have the extra cold damage when face a fire/lighting imune, and the infinity bosts both light and fire damage you do.
The merc can easily survive players 8 cows, but even better, i usually farm baal by myself and with this set up he do really well with the waves and the lvl3.

For my Trappers, I generally go with an A2 Prayer Merc with Insight. In a Trapper the merc is basically a battery and tank. Insight is the main weapon until you get Infinity. Once Infinity is around the Holy Freeze merc becomes more interesting because he now has a source of cold damage and infinity helps.

On my Blade Fury sin I’m currently using a Fire Wolf for the source of elemental damage and AR bonus from Enchant. I’m not entirely sure he’s better than the Blessed Aim Merc I usually use but I’m giving him a try. If I had the runes to make a Faith I would use and Ice Rouge with Faith.

1 Like

If you have +5 to fire skills or better he will give a better ar boost after level 65 than act 2 blessed aim. Likewise you keep his enchant for several minutes even if he dies. Though his dps is a little lower than an act 2.