What is your ladder experience so far?

I will start:

• Trash EU server with disconnects
  • I leveled up HC barb to 77 and HC sorc to 63
  • Found Soj in group (HC, one of the first on server)

Generaly great and i had fun in prepared cooperated group.

What about you?

1 Like

Only played for a couple of hours, but that’s normal for me. Played solo.

Got a sorc up to 10, got a pally up to 18. Found Arctic furs in the Mausoleum from breaking a barrel! :stuck_out_tongue:

Smooth, lag free experience, I’m in the US.

4 Likes

Played dual holy fire paladins with my dad last night with no issues for about 4 hours on the Americas. Picked up a Gull Dagger in Act 1 first hour, got to level 27 before bed. Torn between keeping Pally going, or starting a Sorc or Summon Druid with the Gull when I get off work.

1 Like

I’ll have to use my sorc, get her up to 11 to do the gamble trick for Gull before I level her up further. Probably going to sandbag Nightmare for a bit with the Holy Fire paladin to gear and gold up.

I was able to get one with about 300K spent the last time I did it.

1 Like

I had a bunch of maybe will play with me friends, so I waited till they were at a time to play(different time zones) They all ditched me to play counter strike and league of legends… not going to lie, kinda pissed. So just started my fire/summon druid this morning. Got 2 piece artics(belt/chest) and leaf staff and I am in NM lvl 26.99.

2 Likes

I really was trying to avoid a sorc at start, but may have to go that route. Too good of mf early to give up. I’ll make a decision once I see where he is tonight, if he is ready to start his bowazon.

1 Like

Server stability has been good for me, but it feels empty. I miss a “global chat” from other games. On ladder starts the global chat is going crazy with excitement, newbies are asking questions, people trolling, others giving answers. It’s pure chaos, but the game feels alive. With D2 is just me and the monsters with a few NPC comments sprinkled in.

2 Likes

Leveled a summon druid solo all the way to act 3 nightmare, going good so far although I really wish I had some sort of supportive spell to cast while the zoo is doing work.

Tons of sets and uniques dropped although nothing very noteworthy aside from Frostburn.

1 Like

You could try shockwave.

1 Like

Started Hardcore Necro skeleton, played two hours and got one dc. After that 2 more hours and ac2 Near done and all is fine atm. : ))

1 Like

I considered shockwave but the damage is so lackluster, plus it doesn’t help much VS physical immunes :S

Would’ve loved to use something like Artic Blast but similar damage problem.

Best drop was chance guards in Flayer. Really helped keep the gold flowing with merc deaths.

Figured I would try a necro and found a somewhat decent wand, nothing else except an artic belt in act3. Started more than an hour late and can’t find any games to join that are even close to my level so very slow and solo. Seems low level runes are dropping decent though.
very laggy

I’ve crashed 4 times in the last 45 minutes, I think I’ll just wait a while for better stability, currently level 25 and need to get to nightmare lol.

I tried to play overnight (around 2:00-3:00 am US CDT) and kept getting disconnected before I could even finish the first quest (not that I’m a speed demon about this; I play solo hardcore and take my time. I usually clear the field outside the Den before entering). But before 20-30 minutes were up, I would be disconnected by the server. Once I was down to the last 2 monsters in the Den.

That’s when I gave up.

Hopefully tonight will be better.

ungodly amount of disconnects and just lag overall - US servers

Was doing ok tonight, hit level 40. However, now can’t create games, character already in game message. Launcher has maintenance for next two hours, but was still able to connect to D2R again.

thats awesome, ive beat up to baal in hell having a blast i think im 77 on FOH pally - im pretty salty rite now, did my hell hellforge solo as the servers were crapping, the animation went off but no runes or gems dropped - waited in game but nothing changed, left game and tried to make new but getting the same old error character is stuck in a game - sucks its like this on the first Friday night of ladder - hope they can rectify my situation because i really have been having a blast

Lore, spirit shield, spirit sword, thresher insight 105 fcr sorc. She’s gettin rdy. Time to start hunting tal set stuff. It’s been pretty impressive. I was expecting a lot more technical issues. Tho EU got hit hard I heard.

Thus far, I have had at least four disconnects. Luckily, as of yet, my bowazon hasn’t died to them yet. As a side note, I love how the rogue’s now have exploding arrow. Also, the increase to arrows and bolts to 500 was a nice add in as well.

1 Like