What is going on with lag/rubber banding?

Literally Unplayable right now.
Every 10 steps forward you go 4 backwards what the hell is going on with the servers?

5 Likes

Don’t worry. Bots banned on Tuesdays. They will also ban legit travincal farmers. All will be good soon.

no matter how much time passes, it seems they won’t fix it, which is funny because Vanilla Diablo 2 Ran fine online

1 Like

Not really. I remember a lot of rubber banding on og servers. Last couple times I played og, 2020 ladder reset being the last, they had to add game creation queues which usually were around 4k on us east. They had such an explosion of botters, they squelched chat. You had to communicate with the above the head text. Look at og game sub forum here, Asian players spam complaining about a cube bug being abused to crash the servers.

only time I had issues with the Vanilla servers was around the time the rumors about D2r being announced came out which matches with the time frame you are describing, it’s probably because they changed something though, I have never had rubber banding before that, even when I was running a modem as a kid

I noticed quite a bit of lag off and on in 2018 as well, as well as playing as a teen ok dial up. Maybe you were nearer to a server cluster, and experienced less, but as a teen, I lived south eastern us and since 2018 in the Midwest.

yeah I thought the same thing, truth is I am never close to any server ever where I live, and it can also be connected to the type of connection you had, but truth to be told, so many people have that issue regardless, if they need to create more server they should, it’s funny that they used to do a better job at it 20 years ago but having issues with it today

I think you have some rose tinted glasses on, to be honest. Many people think fondly upon their experiences during their younger years, and feel like things were better back then about a number of things. The person that introduced me into Diablo 1 back in 98/99, played D2R at launch and said the server issues were the same as they were back in OG, and even D3, where the beta players told Blizzard about the issues.

As for creating more servers, I’m no network engineer, so I can’t exactly comment on how much or how it exactly works. However, why would a company create vastly more server space than their actual players really need? Where Blizzard has dropped the ball, is aggressively tackling cheating, and the mechanics being why people cheat/bot. This crap of banning cheaters in a wave where the game goes on sale immediately, is not conductive to the health of the game. But D2 has always been, and always will be a haven for cheaters, griefers, and toxic players. CoD gets a bad rap for toxic gamer culture, but I’d imagine D2 is about the same.

This going to sound crazy but i literally NEVER died to a disconnect back in those days on hardcore

Your mom never picked up the phone in the middle of a run? Or were you the guy who didn’t go anywhere until you had a full skele army? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah ours didnt get interrupted but i didn’t start gaming until 1999 or 2000. We used the phone and AOL dial up same time

Check this out, incredible but worked like a charm for me:

Startet with nvidia experience, immediatly closed battle.net launcher → no more rubber banding (EU Server)